Options

bulk keyword tool problem?

13»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Are you feeling well Andy? That's two dates named in less than a week! mwink.gifrofl

thumb.gif
    lol3.gif it's just a minor tweak to an existing feature, but it will help out a lot of customers so I hope we get it done...
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    Bug fixes are now live, plus an account level setting to disable filename keywording.

Thank you so much for this feature. thumb.gif

Now if we can have a big "keyword list" which "delete" button next to each keyword (something like Flickr's tag list) so we can mass delete "bad" keywords without seeing the images, would greatly speed things up.

I too have lots of number keywords from the filenames which I need to remove. And probably others too ... if I only had the time to go keyword by keyword.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 10, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    Now if we can have a big "keyword list" which "delete" button next to each keyword (something like Flickr's tag list) so we can mass delete "bad" keywords without seeing the images, would greatly speed things up.
    Did you see this post - http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1279447&postcount=57?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    If you can wait a few days, we hope to be adding a tool to the bulk kewyords feature where you can remove them easily, yourself. Is that okay?

COOL! I hope, maybe, after tonight's maintenance window :D
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I was aware, but not ready to say anything, until today. And there's always the chance that it gets delayed a bit. But we're hoping for this release this week!

I've looked around this morning after last night's maintenance window and not seeing anything to remove all the numerical keywords in bulk. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place or perhaps we didn't get so lucky this time? :cry
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I've looked around this morning after last night's maintenance window and not seeing anything to remove all the numerical keywords in bulk. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place or perhaps we didn't get so lucky this time? :cry
    No release last night, I'm sorry, but it'll be in the next release I'm pretty sure. Stay tuned, and of course watch release notes.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    No release last night, I'm sorry, but it'll be in the next release I'm pretty sure. Stay tuned, and of course watch release notes.

Alrighty then. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:

It was just wishful thinking of me.
    I look forward to next week.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    It was just wishful thinking of me.
    I look forward to next week.

It's there now...

738754358_i2sB7-XL.jpg

I don't think it's quite what was requested since it'll kill all numerical keywords, including the ones you might want to keep.

Dave
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 12, 2009
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    More requests...

1- Since letters with accents (é ë è ê etc)can be used in keywords, it would be nice if they were not "separated" from non-accented letters. For exemple: if I searched for "gaspésie", the results would also include "gaspesie", without the accent.

2- It would be nice to have keywords suggestions when typing. For exemple, I type "g" and all my keywords starting with "g" shows up underneath.

Thanks
  • Options
    gmackenzgmackenz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2010
    Bug?

Bulk removal of a keyword leaves a "", behind where there used to be "keyword-to-be-removed", and I find this annoying. I assume it's harmless, but cruft none the less.

I'd like to see the quotes and comma removed as well when removing the keyword.

(A question, will there be synonyms for keywords? Like Adobe Lightroom has?)