Options

*Entry Thread* Mini-Challenge #86: "Preparations"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    I failed but I have another idea.

Quick, call some friends over this weekend to watch the Big 12 championship game and get some shots of prerparations.... :D
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Quick, call some friends over this weekend to watch the Big 12 championship game and get some shots of prerparations.... :D

"prerparations"- do you mean burparations? (doing the Yahoo search message thing hehe rolleyes1.gif), but no they come after, not before, don't they...!:ivar

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    "prerparations"- do you mean burparations? (doing the Yahoo search message thing hehe rolleyes1.gif), but no they come after, not before, don't they...!:ivar

Neil
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Especially around football games in the US, there is a traditional called "tailgating", which was a sort of party in the parking lot at the stadium where you ate lunch before the game started. Like everything else in the US, what likely started off in a sort of sensible measured way, has grown to insane levels where people bring grills and smokers and prepare huge banquets, even in the freezing cold. Here in Texas, the Big 12 College Football championship is this weekend in Dallas, and it should be about 20 degrees (F) when folks are out tailgating before the game. In Texas, that is extreme cold, but that won't stop anyone (or very few) from being out there partying it up in the parking lot!
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Especially around football games in the US, there is a traditional called "tailgating", which was a sort of party in the parking lot at the stadium where you ate lunch before the game started. Like everything else in the US, what likely started off in a sort of sensible measured way, has grown to insane levels where people bring grills and smokers and prepare huge banquets, even in the freezing cold. Here in Texas, the Big 12 College Football championship is this weekend in Dallas, and it should be about 20 degrees (F) when folks are out tailgating before the game. In Texas, that is extreme cold, but that won't stop anyone (or very few) from being out there partying it up in the parking lot!

Haha - you can always *improve* on a good idea!thumb.gifrofl

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Reminder!
    Hi everyone,
    Mini-Challenge 86 will be coming to a close in 25 minutes!
    If you have any last minute entries, please submit them before the deadline.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    This are two photos I took, but are on on my sister's smugmug.

Turkey All Set!

725163908_SdryF-M.jpg

Mmmm.....

725164780_4kQXT-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2009
    Eric!
    You made it under the deadline with time to spareclap.gif .
    Thank you for your contribution to this challenge.

The look on his face says is it all---Love all the steam around the turkey, making my mouth water.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2009
    Mini-Challenge #86 has come to a close.
    I have truly enjoyed all the posts, everyone had something different to contribute.

Thank you to all who participated by contributing photographs and by commenting on each other's shotsclap.gif .

Now comes the tough part for Andrew and I.

Stay tuned.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    Drum roll.......
    And the winner is....
    Click Here
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site