Options

Help! canon 7d not sharp, is it me or the camera?

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    David,
    it was shortfocuisng about 2 inches, different values for different focal lengths and, most importantly, different focal points, hence the microadjustment couldn't cure it 100%. ne_nau.gif

Sounds familiar, Nik, this is just what I was saying in post #13.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    It's the camera - attached is a post that explains "my issue"
    I believe that I have two "problems" - one and the big one is describe exactly as I'm expeeriencing it in this post: dpreview. Just like some of the posters in the above link, my 40D works fine under the same conditions and thus that was/is my frustration. Remember that (my) the 40D "works well" and the 7D doesn't under these conditions One problem I have is that often times my subjects are "far" away when using my 70-200 so that the AF beam doesn't help. For now, I need to intentionally take some photos similar to the above post that are close enough to see if the AF beam "helps" as it did in the post. I have many examples similar to the ones in the above post. I didn't upload any of these examples because I was trying to show my "best" shots that were soft (which was probably caused by front/back focusing).

The second issue that I have is that the camera front focuses with most of my lenses regardless of the light/contrast. I am hoping that micro adjustments will help this. I did a few calibrations yesterday using various techniques: "moire fringe technique and focus chart technique . The preliminary results are encouraging. With this said though the other day I took a few shots of some type of fruit that a vendor was selling, all with center spot focus. When I looked at the shots they were all blurry, not camera shake. Then I noticed that at the very top of the frame the fruit was tack sharp.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I believe that I have two "problems" - one and the big one is describe exactly as I'm expeeriencing it in this post: dpreview. Just like some of the posters in the above link, my 40D works fine under the same conditions and thus that was/is my frustration. Remember that (my) the 40D "works well" and the 7D doesn't under these conditions One problem I have is that often times my subjects are "far" away when using my 70-200 so that the AF beam doesn't help. For now, I need to intentionally take some photos similar to the above post that are close enough to see if the AF beam "helps" as it did in the post. I have many examples similar to the ones in the above post. I didn't upload any of these examples because I was trying to show my "best" shots that were soft (which was probably caused by front/back focusing).

The second issue that I have is that the camera front focuses with most of my lenses regardless of the light/contrast. I am hoping that micro adjustments will help this. I did a few calibrations yesterday using various techniques: "moire fringe technique and focus chart technique . The preliminary results are encouraging. With this said though the other day I took a few shots of some type of fruit that a vendor was selling, all with center spot focus. When I looked at the shots they were all blurry, not camera shake. Then I noticed that at the very top of the frame the fruit was tack sharp.
    Time send it to Canon for warranty repair or replacement - either the camera or the lens. But, first, with that lens and camera combination, shoot a wall with the sensor plane parallel to to that wall. See if you can see the same issue there. Why? Maybe Canon would like to see something like that when they go to start the repairs. The picture could help them to better understand the problem you are seeing.
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2009
    Can't send it in to Canon - I'm in Asia and will be here for a year. I am going to have to go to Hong kong to see if they can repair it, either way it is going to be expensive - $140 fort new Chinese visa, the cost of Hong kong, the lost time ....

I'll take a shot of a wall with the sensor level - the problem is that all my lenses back/front focus with the camera. I'm going to call Canon Hong Kong right now, hopefully they are aware of the "issue" with the 7D and know how to "fix" it.

cheers,
    Time send it to Canon for warranty repair or replacement - either the camera or the lens. But, first, with that lens and camera combination, shoot a wall with the sensor plane parallel to to that wall. See if you can see the same issue there. Why? Maybe Canon would like to see something like that when they go to start the repairs. The picture could help them to better understand the problem you are seeing.
  • Options
    TheDuckTheDuck Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    I hope things work out for you, but while some reviewers love the 7D many others have found that it does produce images that are too soft. I don't own the camera myself, but I was ready to buy it and decided at the last minute not to "upgrade" my 40D after reading these:

From respected landscape photographer Darwin Wigget: http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

Amazon sent lawyers after blogger Karel Donk when he quoted their own website (DPreview) as part of his critical review (the lawyers backed down!): http://www.kareldonk.com/karel/2009/11/08/canon-eos-7d-review-noisier-than-40d/

Finally, DxO's DXOMark Labs just reviewed the sensor (they don't evaluate "handling") and ranked the 7D #31 - lower than seven or eight cameras that cost under $1000! http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings

I've been happy using Canon (10D and 40D) for the last six years, but I've been itching to improve image quality beyond my 40D's capabilities and I'm personally becoming frustrated with autofocus problems (5D and 5DII, which I would've liked to buy, and even the 1DIII which is too expensive for me, but frustrates the pros) and now IQ problems with the 7D.

So anyway....I'm sharing these links with you in the hopes that as you talk with the Canon techs you can get some straight answers about what to expect from the 7D.

Be seeing you,
    The Duck
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,895 moderator
    edited December 16, 2009
    TheDuck wrote:
    ... Finally, DxO's DXOMark Labs just reviewed the sensor (they don't evaluate "handling") and ranked the 7D #31 - lower than seven or eight cameras that cost under $1000! http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings

I've been happy using Canon (10D and 40D) for the last six years, but I've been itching to improve image quality beyond my 40D's capabilities and I'm personally becoming frustrated with autofocus problems (5D and 5DII, which I would've liked to buy, and even the 1DIII which is too expensive for me, but frustrates the pros) and now IQ problems with the 7D.

Note that the Canon 50D is ranked at #43 and the Canon 40D is ranked at #40, so the Canon 7D (at #31) is rated considerably better than the previous prosumer Canon crop 1.6x cameras. Also, the DXOMark needs to be examined as only part of the selection criteria (as you alluded to.) DXOMark does not factor in resolution, so if you do factor in resolution, the 7D measures quite well.

As an owner of a Canon 5D MKII, I can vouch that the AF section is not up to 1D/1Ds standards but still quite good. Add a flash with an AF assist light and it handles even very low light levels with accurate focus.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2009
    TheDuck wrote:
    I hope things work out for you, but while some reviewers love the 7D many others have found that it does produce images that are too soft. I don't own the camera myself, but I was ready to buy it and decided at the last minute not to "upgrade" my 40D after reading these:

From respected landscape photographer Darwin Wigget: http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

Amazon sent lawyers after blogger Karel Donk when he quoted their own website (DPreview) as part of his critical review (the lawyers backed down!): http://www.kareldonk.com/karel/2009/11/08/canon-eos-7d-review-noisier-than-40d/

Finally, DxO's DXOMark Labs just reviewed the sensor (they don't evaluate "handling") and ranked the 7D #31 - lower than seven or eight cameras that cost under $1000! http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings

So anyway....I'm sharing these links with you in the hopes that as you talk with the Canon techs you can get some straight answers about what to expect from the 7D.

Be seeing you,
    The Duck

Good straight talking, and thanks for the links. I too have not been overly tempted by any of the Canons after 40D, not helped by the fatuous hype of advertising and the video hybridisation. I would still choose Canon for other reasons - I do like what the 40D sensor gives me, compared to what I've seen from some other brands (which DxO ranks higher), I like the build of Canon, and I like the lenses and the accessories I can get for Canon.

Neil

• Options
    edited December 18, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    As an owner of a Canon 5D MKII, I can vouch that the AF section is not up to 1D/1Ds standards but still quite good. Add a flash with an AF assist light and it handles even very low light levels with accurate focus.

Glad the 5DII works for you...sadly, Canon QC results in more posts like these than yours, lately:

http://www.crickie.com/archives/2649
    http://cheninboutwell.com/stuffforphotographers/canon-liquidation-plus-why-i-s.html

I really, REALLY, will catch *&%^ from Mrs. Duck if I sell my Canon gear to return to MinoltaNowSony or switch to Nikon....why oh why is Canon working so hard to deliver substandard gear when Nikon and Sony are delivering cameras that folks want????

These are scary: http://fakechuckwestfall.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/nikon-vs-canon-pro-dslr.jpg
    http://fakechuckwestfall.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dslrmarket-458x280.jpg

Be seeing you,
    The Duck
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2009
    TheDuck wrote:

That first image is a comparison of some sort between the Nikon D3, D3X, Canon 1D MKIII and 1D MKII?

The 1D MKII? No really, that's what the legend says. Feel free to look at it again.

The second chart is curious. It is supposed to show a change in sales during the years from 2006-2008. They do not claim any sort of accuracy for the data nor do they disclose sales data sources.

Here is the source of the second image, translated from German to English via Babelfish.:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/DSLR-Welt-im-Wandel&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

The 2008 data just for Canon and Nikon market share does seem to be similar to this data (Slashgear based), again no quoted sources:

http://www.chipworks.com/blogs.aspx?id=7154&blogid=86

Make no mistake, I do believe that Canon is losing dSLR market share. I also believe that they know about it and are not sitting on their hands. The next few years should be exciting in this market to be sure, but we should all gain the opportunity for better cameras as a result of the competition. wings.gif
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2009
    according to canon ....
    I contacted Canon USA eos tech support and explained to them via email the auto focus issues I was experiencing which are similar to a lot of people who have posted on other blogs and who have also either returned their cameras or sent them in for repair. The response from Canon was that they had not heard of any Auto focus issues like such as mine and this was from a supervisor. I contacted Canon Hong Kong and talked to a tech there and they said they had never heard of an auto focus problem with the 7D. I wrote to Canon Singapore and they told me the same thing and they said that they contacted Canon China who told them the same - no problems.

Now I am wondering if I bring my camera into an authorized Canon repair center in Asia if they will be able to "adjust/fix" the focus "issue" since nobody has heard of such a problem.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2009
    Camera/lens calibration is a fairly common issue and Canon should know exactly how to adjust the camera to your lenses. Just be sure to ask for that service, "camera/lens calibration". Also mention that you are happy with your lenses' operation on your 40D, so they don't need to adjust the lenses, only the 7D. If you have a favorite lens to use with the 7D make sure to relay that information to the service center.

Supply image examples of the focus problems you are having as well.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    That first image is a comparison of some sort between the Nikon D3, D3X, Canon 1D MKIII and 1D MKII?

The 1D MKII? No really, that's what the legend says. Feel free to look at it again.

No, it's clearly a 1D and a 1Ds not two 1D models. Based on the poor spacing after the 1DIII preceding the 1Ds, it looks like the final I for the III is touching the border box, so it looks like a 1DsII instead of a 1DsIII. Overall, it looks like Nikon needs to beef up their PowerPoint skills! rolleyes1.gif

I share your hopes that we'll all benefit from competition....I just wish Canon were leading instead of hoping they'll follow soon! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    :D
    TheDuck wrote:
    No, it's clearly a 1D and a 1Ds not two 1D models. Based on the poor spacing after the 1DIII preceding the 1Ds, it looks like the final I for the III is touching the border box, so it looks like a 1DsII instead of a 1DsIII. Overall, it looks like Nikon needs to beef up their PowerPoint skills! rolleyes1.gif

I share your hopes that we'll all benefit from competition....I just wish Canon were leading instead of hoping they'll follow soon! rolleyes1.gif

Beware the overgeneralisation!deal.gifD

The physics of photography pretty much guarantees that there will be compromises in the technology. It's always going to be partly about what particular compromise is the sexiest. In the case of the 7D, it's a high quality piece of gear that is lean, mobile and speedy (to hold it is instant joy, to my hands anyway which are at home with the 40D) and which produces great jpegs straight out of camera, or cropped or printed big (if the calibration is done and if you have the right technique with it). It's not particularly costly, and it can be paired with beautiful glass that is also not very costly, comparatively.

This is gonna be what a lot of people want. Not you nor I, perhaps...

Neil

• Options
    edited December 19, 2009
    TheDuck wrote:

Mea culpa. I meant to type "1Ds MKII" relating to the last item in the legend.

I wonder what chart they show at the Canon corporate meetings? mwink.gif
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    Thanks Ziggy, I should be back in vietnam in a few days and I will contact the Canon support center in Hanoi. i know two years ago they couldn't calibrate my 24-105 (they said only the Saigon techs could) but I am guessing it is easier to adjust the camera to te lens rather than the lens to the body (I may be wrong).

I should have a link to some photos at the beginning of this thread and when I am back in Vietnam I will be able to take some more shots in a controlled environment. This is hard to do in street photography. Basically what I was seeing was:

1) with my 24-105 soft images - I know this doesn't mean much and again I will shoot more controlled shots so I can say center focus, single shot .... but I was just comparing it to my 40D where I get tack sharp eyes using single point af, AI aervo, (ok, maybe now I can't be lazy and I need to switch to singe shot when taking portraits) and I don't recompose.

2) with my 70-200 4.0 non IS I was (am) seeing front focus and back focus - I'll post some examples in a few days.

3) 135L - didn't really use it too much but I was seeing soft focus issues with it.

happy holidays!

ziggy53 wrote:
    Camera/lens calibration is a fairly common issue and Canon should know exactly how to adjust the camera to your lenses. Just be sure to ask for that service, "camera/lens calibration". Also mention that you are happy with your lenses' operation on your 40D, so they don't need to adjust the lenses, only the 7D. If you have a favorite lens to use with the 7D make sure to relay that information to the service center.

Supply image examples of the focus problems you are having as well.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    AI-Servo mode should not be used for general photography. AI-Servo is a type of "predictive autofocus" and it takes samples and then tries to calculate future focus according to focus tracking trends. This means:

1) It takes some time for the AI-Servo to be activated and then for tracking to calculate "and" you need to accurately track the subject. If you lose the subject from the tracking region of AF, the acquisition starts over again and focus may be off in the mean time.

2) AI-Servo and IS sometimes seem to work against each other. Both take time to "kick in" and if you don't give each system it's time for operation, results can be sub-nominal.

My suggestion is to always use one-shot AF mode for general photography and AI-Servo for tracking moving subjects, typically as part of a short sequence of continuous shots (burst).

http://photonotes.org/other/ai-servo.html

My EF 135mm, f2L USM is truly spectacularly sharp even wide open, but not up close. If you are anywhere near the close focus point (mfd is around 3 feet), the aperture needs to be stopped down (according to my tests.) Starting at around 6 feet and out to infinity it is very sharp even wide open.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    My suggestion is to always use one-shot AF mode for general photography and AI-Servo for tracking moving subjects, typically as part of a short sequence of continuous shots (burst). ...
    Soooo..... when would you use AI-Focus then? headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I personally never use it. It has a mind of its own and I like my mind to be the one doing the thinking.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:

I don't recommend using AI_Focus at all. AI_Focus is supposed to detect when to use either AI-Servo or One-Shot AF and automatically switch. The camera is not reliable to chose between the 2 AF modes.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Ziggy

Do you have some wisdom for me?

The 7D that I have performs beautifully for some shooting that I am doing, but I am fighting with it when shooting indoor sports.

If I am in single shot shooting mode - say for doing portraits or even just snap shots, things are great. I am getting amazing sharpness straight out of camera, and rarely see a misfocused images.

For indoor sports, using AI Servo, burst, I am finding lots and lots of misfocused shots - the back wall will be in focus but fairly inconsistent results with the player.

I was always shooting CFn 4,3 with the 1DMkIIN or the 20d. Using the star button to establish focus and then tracking. I cannot figure out how to replicate this focus method on the 7D. I had high hopes, and maybe I just don't have the right settings yet, but I am not thrilled with the 7D for indoor sports yet.

Any thoughts on this?

ann
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    Sorry Ann, I don't have a 7D so I can't test any different methods. The 7D has such a new AF system that it may take some time to figure out what methods and procedures work best for action/sports. If I hear of something that sounds promising, you can be sure that I will share the knowledge.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2009
    Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the insight, now I'm shooting only on one-shot AF and I'm still noticing some "soft" and out of focus issues especially when my subject (mostly people, not objects) is not in direct light. I prefer shooting in available light and haven't had any problems in the past with my 40D. Also, there seems to be a lot of noise at ISO 320-500.

Do you know if there is a way to fire the IR or the focus assist beam without firing the flash?

here is a link to some recent photos that are "soft" the last seven photos i the gallery were taken in the last few days. http://www.fotosbydavid.com/Other/7d/10483977_zixpv#750717522_KBXZF

Cheers

ziggy53 wrote:
    AI-Servo mode should not be used for general photography. AI-Servo is a type of "predictive autofocus" and it takes samples and then tries to calculate future focus according to focus tracking trends. This means:

1) It takes some time for the AI-Servo to be activated and then for tracking to calculate "and" you need to accurately track the subject. If you lose the subject from the tracking region of AF, the acquisition starts over again and focus may be off in the mean time.

2) AI-Servo and IS sometimes seem to work against each other. Both take time to "kick in" and if you don't give each system it's time for operation, results can be sub-nominal.

My suggestion is to always use one-shot AF mode for general photography and AI-Servo for tracking moving subjects, typically as part of a short sequence of continuous shots (burst).

http://photonotes.org/other/ai-servo.html

My EF 135mm, f2L USM is truly spectacularly sharp even wide open, but not up close. If you are anywhere near the close focus point (mfd is around 3 feet), the aperture needs to be stopped down (according to my tests.) Starting at around 6 feet and out to infinity it is very sharp even wide open.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2009
    Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the insight, now I'm shooting only on one-shot AF and I'm still noticing some "soft" and out of focus issues especially when my subject (mostly people, not objects) is not in direct light. I prefer shooting in available light and haven't had any problems in the past with my 40D. Also, there seems to be a lot of noise at ISO 320-500.

Do you know if there is a way to fire the IR or the focus assist beam without firing the flash?

here is a link to some recent photos that are "soft" the last seven photos i the gallery were taken in the last few days. http://www.fotosbydavid.com/Other/7d/10483977_zixpv#750717522_KBXZF

Cheers

I'm not sure about the 7D but Canon used to supply BreezeBrowser software which would allow you to review the active focus point that was used to produce a RAW file from a Canon camera. It sometimes helps to use that software to make sure that the camera was pointed at what you thought it was pointed at.

I don't have a Canon 580EX (II) but I thought someone said that you can turn off the flash and allow just the focus assist light. Otherwise, what I do using Sigma flashes, is to put the flash in manual mode and trim the power down. The AF assist light still works and the flash can even be "capped" if needed.

The first 2 images I looked at are missing contrast but focus seems close enough for a usable image assuming you don't need much cropping.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I'm not sure about the 7D but Canon used to supply BreezeBrowser software which would allow you to review the active focus point that was used to produce a RAW file from a Canon camera. It sometimes helps to use that software to make sure that the camera was pointed at what you thought it was pointed at.

DPP has a menu option to display the focus points for each shot. It will highlight the active point(s) in red.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2009
    I have a 270Ex (?) flash - guess I will need to remember to bring it along with me and dial the power down.

I found it, in DPP when viewing a photo select VIEW, then AF point

thanks
    ziggy53 wrote:

I don't have a Canon 580EX (II) but I thought someone said that you can turn off the flash and allow just the focus assist light. Otherwise, what I do using Sigma flashes, is to put the flash in manual mode and trim the power down. The AF assist light still works and the flash can even be "capped" if needed.

The first 2 images I looked at are missing contrast but focus seems close enough for a usable image assuming you don't need much cropping.
  • Options
    aaronbrownaaronbrown Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    I have a 270Ex (?) flash - guess I will need to remember to bring it along with me and dial the power down.

I found it, in DPP when viewing a photo select VIEW, then AF point

thanks

You can see a live view of your focus points in-camera, too. Just have to set the option in the menu. I'm loving this camera! :)
  • Options
    Ed MichaelsEd Michaels Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    OOF or not sharp? Two different things.

I went from a 40D to the 7D and wanted to throw the 7D away at first.

DPP sucks IMO so I was trying to convert in ACR which really didn't fully support 7D files. The RC update for lightroom can be found here. The ACR version which I assume is the same as the LR version does a much better job with a higher degree of control than the previous version.

The 7D files can take a lot more sharpening than 40D files in my experience. I'm talking about while open in the raw converter. I found that using spot af for static subjects really helped.
    CANON ADMITS THE 7D HAS PROBLEM AND HAS ISSUED A NOTICE OF THE FIRST FOCUS FIX. NEVER BUY EARLY RELEASES OR TAKE ANYWHERE WITHOUT TESTING WITH ALL YOUR LENSES AND VARIED DISTANCES FOR FOCUS ACCURACY!
    Ed Michaels
    1+856.685.9435
    edmichaels@comcast.net
    D700/D200/SB800/FX18-35 AFD Nikkor, 28-75/2.8 Tamron early with aperture ring,35-105/3.5-4.5 AFD Nikkor 50/1.4 AFD,70-200/2.8 VR AFS G Nikkor, 70-300/4.5-5.6VR ED AFS G Nikkor, FX-DX Sigma1.4x HSM EX APO Tele-Converter,DX 18-70/3.5-4.5 G DX AFS Nikkor 12-24/4.0 Tokina 2nd. version,Sekonic L358w/Pocket Wizard, SC29X2,Leitz table tripod w/largeball head,filters, adapters, reflectors, stands, Quantum batteries, tripods,monopods,heads et al
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    CANON ADMITS THE 7D HAS PROBLEM AND HAS ISSUED A NOTICE OF THE FIRST FOCUS FIX. NEVER BUY EARLY RELEASES OR TAKE ANYWHERE WITHOUT TESTING WITH ALL YOUR LENSES AND VARIED DISTANCES FOR FOCUS ACCURACY!
    Where did you find this info?
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009

Please point us to where Canon states this so we can all share in the information. Also, if they did indeed make an official statement about focus issues, it is only on some of the bodies, not all. I'm a 7D owner and haven't noticed any issues yet, other than being inexperienced with the AF system itself. It does seem to be more precise (and requiring more skill to get it right) as far as focusing, compared to how my XSi was...but that's not a bad thing, considering the end result. I'm sure a % of the problems reported are due to focus issues with the body, but a small %. Every model camera used has posts from people asking if there is a focus problem...nothing different with this model.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009

After reading this, I went to the Canon support site and could not find this information. The only issue they listed with the 7D was the ghosting issue which was reportedly corrected in a firmware update.

Can you please provide a link to your information?

Thanks,
    Wayne G