Arizany -- the Finale

2»

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 17, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    For me it's a good photo, or piece of art work when my first internal reaction is WOW!

These are WOW's!

Sam

Thanks for the kind words, Sam. Wow is good. :D

-joel
    edited December 17, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Crazy crazy stuff! Love it. Almost makes me want to study geology.

#5 is my favorite, great comp.

You and Aaron outdid yourselves, the only problem I have with your shots and Aaron's is that I wasn't there taking them too.

Thank you, Sir Ron. bowdown.gif

It was an excellent little trip. You should come along next time. nod.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    You and Aaron outdid yourselves, the only problem I have with your shots and Aaron's is that I wasn't there taking them too.

+1
    What a fantastic job you (both) did in representing this part of the country. thumb.gif
  • davemandaveman Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Where the heck is this place????
    Kdog - these shots, your other series of shots from that trip, and Aaron's are all great. You were both able to really bring out the beauty of that area.... The color, composition, processing from both of you is just first rate. I rarely manage to end up with so many keepers after any of my trips. .

Where the heck is it? All I have been able to piece together is that it is somewhere in Northern AZ - down a dirt road a ways.... and at the end of a trail... That is going to be a bit hard for me to find...
  • Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    I love them all. #2 is my fav. Great colors!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Hi Joel.......I'm envious, what a great photo trip you were on...... I LIKE THEM ALLclap.gif........ azzaro
  • clikrf8clikrf8 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Yep, #7 is it for the soft pastel light, composition, the feel of the place. The Southwest is the best.
    edited December 22, 2009
    Thanks for all the comments folks. I'm glad you liked the shot. It was a pretty awesome little trip.

Daveman, the locations are Coyote Buttes, Wahweap Hoodoos, and Coal Mine Canyon.

Regards,
    -joel