Options

DGrin Shootout 2009 Book

13»

Comments

• Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Is the Blurb link open to the general public?

No, following the pattern of previous year's books, it is only available to folks that were there.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    cabbey wrote:
    No, following the pattern of previous year's books, it is only available to folks that were there.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Is there a link up...or should I just search Blurb?
  • Options
    CliffWCliffW Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2010
    Oops. Had one of Dixie.
    Yeah, I've been offline way too long. I know it's too late for the book, but here was one I took of Dixie that I liked. I'll just post it here for fun!

-- Cliff

683710885_pyrxs-XL.jpg
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited April 26, 2010
    I searched Blub and found Stephanie's book, but not this one. headscratch.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    cabbey wrote:
    Books from previous shootouts were made available to anyone who'd want to order, not just shootout attendees.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    David_S85 wrote:
    I searched Blub and found Stephanie's book, but not this one. headscratch.gif
    Sorry, I published a book of just my own photos for my own keepsake about 3 weeks after the trip. I had such a wonderful time!! Hope it doesn't cause confusion (my book costs a lot more because I did it in large landscape format with 74 pages). I just returned from Acadia last night. I was up there for the weekend with my son's boy scout troop. We hiked up the Gorge to Cadillac's summit and then down the North Face (its still windy up there; although quite a bit warmer since we hit the summit at 1PM), about a 5 mile hike. Really miss those fall colors. I just had my point and shoot with me, I was the hike leader, not a lot of time for picture taking. Can't wait to purchase the official shootout book, I'm finishing up a book of my son's gymnastic season and then I'm going to order both. Really sorry there will be no shootout this year but as a consolation I'm taking my parents out to Zion/Bryce/Page/Grand Canyon in September.

Stephanie
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2010
    Check your emails
    For those looking for the book, check your email that you used for the shootout. I sent an email to it from the dgrin shootout gmail account.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2010
    Cuong wrote:
    Books from previous shootouts were made available to anyone who'd want to order, not just shootout attendees.

Cuong

When I asked about getting a copy of the glacier book I was told that I wasn't eligible for it since I hadn't been able to make it. So my experience with the past books differs here.
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    cabbey wrote:
    When I asked about getting a copy of the glacier book I was told that I wasn't eligible for it since I hadn't been able to make it. So my experience with the past books differs here.
    Not sure who you asked, but both of the previous shootout books, Glacier and Moab, are still available for order. I missed the Glacier shootout, but I did order the book. I didn't make the Acadia shootout, but I'd like to order the book though.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2010
    Cuong wrote:
    Not sure who you asked, but both of the previous shootout books, Glacier and Moab, are still available for order. I missed the Glacier shootout, but I did order the book. I didn't make the Acadia shootout, but I'd like to order the book though.

Cuong

Cool, updated post 1 with the linkage then.
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Happiness is....
    My book arrived today. Lovely! Well done and worth the pennies!

clap.gifclapwings.gifbarb
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    knapphknapph Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Got ours last week
    We got our copy last week and have been enjoying looking at it. It was nice remembering what was going on when we were at the different locations.

Our daughter even had nice things to say about the book - especially the moving water shots. She liked the way the long exposures made the water look.

Many thanks to all and most of all to Cabbey.

Knapp and Ella
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    Mine arrived this morning. Love it!!! I'm sitting here re-living the trip. Thanks cabbey for putting this together and to all the photographers for such wonderful pictures.

Stephanie
  • Options
    stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    I received my book too! Thank you to Cabby for assembling the book and to everyone who contributed for the great images. I wish I was back in Maine now.