2»

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Beautiful shot, Joel.......clap.gif azzaro
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Funny story, I was snowshoeing through a meadow and there were two of them lying down in the snow that I didn't see until I was fairly close to them. Nothing much to do at that point but walk right by them as they glared at me. I was careful not to make eye contact and tried to make it obvious that I was just passing by, and not walking toward them. They were cool.

eek7.gif Glad this story did end up "Funny" and not "tragic!" Nice catches, Joel and it looks like you had an awesome time there. Jealous.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 28, 2009
    Thanks Azzaro and Schmoo.

Schmoo, the bison seem like pretty copacetic beasts if left alone. You just don't want to get in their face. They can move much faster than you would ever expect when they want to. I've even seen them jump over guard rails. Pretty amazing for an animal that weighs a ton.

Here are pair I stumbled across in the field while snowshoeing.
    751985991_Qk2k4-XL.jpg
  • Secluded ValleySecluded Valley Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Great shots, Joel. clap.gif My favorite is the shot of the bison looking at you. I leave for Yellowstone tomorrow (to say I'm excited would be the understatement of the year!)

Kristine

P.S. May is one of my favorite times to visit.
    "How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" ~John Muir
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 1, 2010
    Great shots, Joel. clap.gif My favorite is the shot of the bison looking at you. I leave for Yellowstone tomorrow (to say I'm excited would be the understatement of the year!)

Kristine

P.S. May is one of my favorite times to visit.

Thanks, Kristine! With user name like YellowstoneGirl, you are obviously a connoisseur. :D You'll have a great time. Most of the serious nature photographers I met agree with you -- late April or early May is a really good time to go. I'll have to figure out a way to get back there then. Hmm...

Cheers,
    -joel
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Looks like a great trip and another batch of great shots!