Options

Lightroom 3 publishing: SmugMug support?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    netarc wrote: »
    Checking in on this topic, do you folks have an ETA for sync'ing keywords and captions from Smugmug back to LR? If not, can anyone comment whether Jeff's plugin will accomplish this?

Too, I'd read on another post that changing keywords in LR of a pic that's already published, triggers a full re-upload of the pic to the Smugmug gallery - is that still the case, or are now only the changes (i.e., keyword updates) transmitted?

I use Jeff's plugin and can confirm it will update keywords, captions, GPS coords from LR to SM without re-uploading (use pluginextra's menu)

The standard/new SM sync did not work for me at all...

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    rockingcparockingcpa Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    Does anyone one know or can point me to a thread that can tell me if it's possible to sync my EXISTING photos on SmugMug with Lightroom. I am trying LR and will be switching from AP. I can only see the photos on SmugMug that were uploaded via LR. Syncing brought the folder structure in to LR from SM, but not the photos. I'm wondering if maybe syncing of old photos might happen after I export the photos from AP and import into LR. Or, will it never sync the old photos. Fortunately, I don't have thousands of photos in my SmugMug site.
    Canon gearhead: Canon 5D Mark II with Canon grip, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, EF 17-40MM f/4.0L USM, Speedlite 580EX II & 430EX II
    bobbydphotos.com by Fastline MediaFacebook
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2011
    rockingcpa wrote: »
    Does anyone one know or can point me to a thread that can tell me if it's possible to sync my EXISTING photos on SmugMug with Lightroom. I am trying LR and will be switching from AP. I can only see the photos on SmugMug that were uploaded via LR. Syncing brought the folder structure in to LR from SM, but not the photos. I'm wondering if maybe syncing of old photos might happen after I export the photos from AP and import into LR. Or, will it never sync the old photos. Fortunately, I don't have thousands of photos in my SmugMug site.

The plug-in from jfriedl can do that...

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here