Options

Need Serious Help: Print Ad My FIRST Sale EVER

2»

Comments

• Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    As of now, I'm working on a pricing strategy to implement now that would compensate for the loss of my current $55,000/year salary
    don't forget to include the cost of all the benefits you're currently getting - which could easily add another 50% to that number,
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    DigitalMomDigitalMom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    timk519 wrote:
    don't forget to include the cost of all the benefits you're currently getting - which could easily add another 50% to that number,
    Most definitley! That was one thing that I forgot to add into my cost.

Here's a link to the NPPA's Cost of Doing Business calculator. May help you in figuring it all out.

http://www.nppa.org/professional_development/business_practices/cdb/index.html
  • Options
    Meghan SenkelMeghan Senkel Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    timk519 wrote:

Yes, that is a good point. Luckily, my husband's company offers pretty good health coverage, so we would use that.
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Yes, that is a good point. Luckily, my husband's company offers pretty good health coverage, so we would use that.
    I'd also suggest a shorter name that's easier to remember so people can get to your website from memory. deal.gif
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc