Options

Uploads Failing

Comments

• Options
    cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    We got a message from you 2 days ago and replied right away. It's ticket # 27373 did our reply get to your spam folder? ear.gif

In any case - we're looking into the issue out there on the networks. More here when we have it.

Andy,

I got the message two days ago and replied right back with the requested tracert. But no reply after that.

But thanks for the update.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    cfrey6 wrote:
    Andy,

I got the message two days ago and replied right back with the requested tracert. But no reply after that.

But thanks for the update.
    Charlie, yours might be a different issue. Unplug your router and your modem from the electrical power - wait 10 seconds, plug 'em back in and then let them restart. Try another upload / replace ear.gif
  • Options
    BP2UBP2U Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    "Send to Smugmug" also didn't work

It's .MOV, 212 MB, h.264, 3:03 minutes, 9.76mbps

Any ideas?

I guess I screwed up some setting when I rendered the original from Vegas? Or when I exported the final clip from Quicktime?

so frustrating. I've been waiting forever on the audio track, and now that I have it finished I can't even get it online!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    BP2U wrote:
    "Send to Smugmug" also didn't work

It's .MOV, 212 MB, h.264, 3:03 minutes, 9.76mbps

Any ideas?

I guess I screwed up some setting when I rendered the original from Vegas? Or when I exported the final clip from Quicktime?

so frustrating. I've been waiting forever on the audio track, and now that I have it finished I can't even get it online!
    I believe it's the same issue as the others here in this thread, and we're looking into the network issues that may be causing this. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    BP2UBP2U Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Thanks for the headsup, Andy :)

Good new is maybe I'm not a total newb ;)
    Bad news is I'm still dyin to get this online :P

Actually mine has failed to upload to Facebook and I'm trying YouTube right now....
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hi Folks, we'll update here http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/ when we have news.

Sorry for the trouble!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hi Folks. Can you try a small upload now - we've pinpointed what we think is an issue with one of our network providers, Level3, and have shut that off and are using alternate providers. Please let us know if you are successful uploading now. Thanks.
  • Options
    ImagesOfWildLifeImagesOfWildLife Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks. Can you try a small upload now - we've pinpointed what we think is an issue with one of our network providers, Level3, and have shut that off and are using alternate providers. Please let us know if you are successful uploading now. Thanks.

Re-cycled the router, PC and 'repaired' the connection.

Still uploading at 216KB/s
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    All I get is a blank upload pagene_nau.gif
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Create new gallery and then blank page
    I create a new gallery and when it should then show the uploading options, a blank white page. Created 4 new galleries all the same thing. The galleries are there, because I then when to category and they were there. Not sure what is going on, but figured you would want to know.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    All I get is a blank upload pagene_nau.gif
    What uploader, platform?
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    What uploader, platform?

It won't show any options to choose. Just a blank white page.
  • Options
    wayne861wayne861 Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    What uploader, platform?

Vista 64, IE8, Java uploader. Click on "add photos to this gallery" and it returns: The Website Cannont Display The Page HTTP500
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    bham wrote:
    I create a new gallery and when it should then show the uploading options, a blank white page. Created 4 new galleries all the same thing. The galleries are there, because I then when to category and they were there. Not sure what is going on, but figured you would want to know.

It goes to a white page with this address

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/new_add.mg?AlbumID=#######

### change per newly created gallery and gallery is created, just doesn't properly load uploader page.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    wayne861 wrote:
    Vista 64, IE8, Java uploader. Click on "add photos to this gallery" and it returns: The Website Cannont Display The Page HTTP500

I get this too with IE8. In Mozilla it's just a blank white page after clicking on Add Photos: To This Gallery.

I'm guessing uploading is turned off?

It worked earlier today for me.

anna
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Vista 64bit Firefox
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hi Folks, thanks for posting the new updates. Those with blank uploader screens - it's related to the same issue. We'll update here: http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/ when we have news.
  • Options
    MegahurtzMegahurtz Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2010
    It won't show any options to choose. Just a blank white page.

Same issue for me. Blank page when clicking upload photos. Doesnt matter if its a new gallery or trying to add photos to existing one
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Well after about 12 new gallery pages created with blank white screen, I have gotten 2 new galleries that went to upload page correctly. Maybe its fixed.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    bham wrote:
    Well after about 12 new gallery pages created with blank white screen, I have gotten 2 new galleries that went to upload page correctly. Maybe its fixed.
    We think we fixed that issue, but we think it's unrelated to the other issue folks are having with failed uploads.
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks, thanks for posting the new updates. Those with blank uploader screens - it's related to the same issue. We'll update here: http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/ when we have news.

Actually, it wasn't related - it was a bug we introduced while adding some debugging code to track down the rare, intermittent issue we're seeing. Sorry about that!

Please do let us know if you seeing unusually high error rates or having difficulties uploading, we're still on the hunt.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    onethumb wrote:
    Actually, it wasn't related - it was a bug we introduced while adding some debugging code to track down the rare, intermittent issue we're seeing. Sorry about that!

Please do let us know if you seeing unusually high error rates or having difficulties uploading, we're still on the hunt.
    Heh - yeah - I'd first thought so then posted differently just above your post a little while ago.

Sorry folks for any confusion!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Folks with failing uploads - can you try again, a small upload, 10-20 files, and let us know of your success or continued failure? Thanks. We continue to work on finding the problem.
  • Options
    KTBKTB Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2010
    Uploads take forever, speed is 2.4% of normal speed.
    Hi!

I'm glad to have found this thread and your announcement about the upload issues. Maybe you should brief all the support heroes because I've had quite a long (well, three mails) correspondence with two of them about this obviously known problem. But obviously they didn't know that there is A Upload Issue though I asked exactly that.

However, since two-three days I have extremely low upload speeds, about 24 Kb/s. I use to have 980-1020 Kb/s. Yes, I did all the line and network tests. Again. Everything is normal with the line and here with my local machine. I didn't change anything here.

Yes, I tried small files. Same thing.

smiley_emoticons_skeptisch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    KTB wrote:
    Hi!

I'm glad to have found this thread and your announcement about the upload issues. Maybe you should brief all the support heroes because I've had quite a long (well, three mails) correspondence with two of them about this obviously known problem. But obviously they didn't know that there is A Upload Issue though I asked exactly that.

However, since two-three days I have extremely low upload speeds, about 24 Kb/s. I use to have 980-1020 Kb/s. Yes, I did all the line and network tests. Again. Everything is normal with the line and here with my local machine. I didn't change anything here.

Yes, I tried small files. Same thing.

smiley_emoticons_skeptisch.gif
    Hi, can we get your SmugMug site name please?
  • Options
    JETAJETA Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    I've been having upload problems now for about 24 hours. I use the java uploader. A few pics will go and the rest error out. My errors are "Write Timeout" & " error writing request to body".

When I used the bullet proof uploader it hasn't errored out. Weird.
    JETA
  • Options
    JETAJETA Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Scratch what I said above. Old faithful isn't working for me either now. I get "504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time. "
    JETA
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    onethumb wrote:

Still having errors and 160KB/sec or less uploads - last set of errors are:

File 350 Error writing request body to server
    File 383 too many bytes written
    File 504 Error writing request body to server

Upgraded from Java 6 update 17 to Java 6 update 20 and seemed to go even slower.

Tried old faithful and it just sat.
    Using AVG 8.5.437 - no other known changes have been made in months. Other PC is having the same problem.

Currently uploading 5 files and have 2 errors pending.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Still having errors and 160KB/sec or less uploads - last set of errors are:

File 350 Error writing request body to server
    File 504 Error writing request body to server

Upgraded from Java 6 update 17 to Java 6 update 20 and seemed to go even slower.

Tried old faithful and it just sat.
    Using AVG 8.5.437 - no other known changes have been made in months. Other PC is having the same problem.

Currently uploading 5 files and have 2 errors pending.
    Try turning off the "AVG Active Surf shield" - that should help.

Here's how to do that:
    1. http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/723942071_xHNax-O.jpg
    2. http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/723937773_cZLmX-O.jpg
    3. http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/723937785_vA4DS-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Andy wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion Andy. Above change made it worse not better.

made the above change - rebooted pc and verified the change was still in place and I now have worse upload speed - started upload at 24KB/sec and now up to 128KB/sec timer indicates 15 minutes to upload single 15.47mb file. I have cable ISP not dial-up. No apparent impact with other site usage. Sitting here with nothing running but this session and the upload.