Options

HTML5 Slideshows - Very Cool

13»

Comments

• Options
    neilcreekneilcreek Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2010
    I would like to have a direct url to a slideshow for a gallery (or my most popular pics) so I can link it to load straight in my iphone/ipad. How do I get a link for a html5 slideshow? I tried to get one via the "share" button in the gallery, but it gave me the link for the flash version.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    neilcreek wrote: »
    I would like to have a direct url to a slideshow for a gallery (or my most popular pics) so I can link it to load straight in my iphone/ipad. How do I get a link for a html5 slideshow? I tried to get one via the "share" button in the gallery, but it gave me the link for the flash version.
    Right now, HTML5 slideshows are only the ones you view in our slideshow box on the homepage, or the gallery or full screen style in a browser. We hope to add more HTML 5 slideshows :)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Right now, HTML5 slideshows are only the ones you view in our slideshow box on the homepage, or the gallery or full screen style in a browser. We hope to add more HTML 5 slideshows :)
    He's just asking for a link to the gallery slideshow which is already HTML 5.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    He's just asking for a link to the gallery slideshow which is already HTML 5.

Hi John, no, it's not. I tried it to triple-check before I answered his question :) The direct gallery link to slideshow uses swfpopup and this is not HTML5-ified yet.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi John, no, it's not. I tried it to triple-check before I answered his question :) The direct gallery link to slideshow uses swfpopup and this is not HTML5-ified yet.

Thanks.
    I think you're missing my point and Neil's actual question. The gallery slideshow is already HTML5 capable (at least that's what you said in your earlier post). He's asking for a link to that slideshow that already exists. This is not a case of needing more HTML5 slideshows, but a case of needing a link to a slideshow that already exists. The current link provided by the share button does not work - he needs a different link.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    I think you're missing my point and Neil's actual question. The gallery slideshow is already HTML5 capable (at least that's what you said in your earlier post). He's asking for a link to that slideshow that already exists. This is not a case of needing more HTML5 slideshows, but a case of needing a link to a slideshow that already exists. The current link provided by the share button does not work - he needs a different link.

Hi John, thank you for posting again!

I'm not missing it - we don't yet have a link that will work for him.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cridleycridley Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2010
    gallery slideshow
    So - I am right in assuming you cannot run a flash slideshow inside the galleries? I dont care for the filmstrip slideshow.
    Is that feature coming?ne_nau.gif
    http://www.celiaridleyphotography.com/
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2010
    cridley wrote: »
    So - I am right in assuming you cannot run a flash slideshow inside the galleries? I dont care for the filmstrip slideshow.
    Is that feature coming?ne_nau.gif

We have Slideshow Style - it works awesomely - try it thumb.gif
  • Options
    cridleycridley Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2010
    yes....but, but, but...it has that annoying filmstrip running across...like such...
    http://www.celiaridleyphotography.com/Business/Nature/13291099_HW4yk

Can I get rid of the filmstrip???
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2010
    cridley wrote: »
    yes....but, but, but...it has that annoying filmstrip running across...like such...
    http://www.celiaridleyphotography.com/Business/Nature/13291099_HW4yk

Can I get rid of the filmstrip???
    Thanks so much!
    Much to the disappointment of many, Smugmug has not made ANYTHING in the gallery slideshow customizable and the fact that it's implemented in Flash makes it next to impossible to modify with standard Smugmug customization. It would have taken very little coding on their part to have made a number of the gallery slideshow parameters customizable on either a global or per-gallery basis with custom JS, but unfortunately they did not choose to do that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    With HTML5 becoming more prevalent, I have been doing research and ran into this thread. I hope to see html5 on the embedded slideshows. That would be great for my visitors. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    With HTML5 becoming more prevalent, I have been doing research and ran into this thread. I hope to see html5 on the embedded slideshows. That would be great for my visitors. thumb.gif
    Folks should realize that things used in slideshows like HTML5 smooth transitions between images are supported in the latest Safari, but not in Firefox 3.x or IE8. I believe they're coming in Firefox 4 - don't know about IE9. So, unless you're willing to sacrifice slideshow quality or features for most viewers, we aren't quite there yet on using the best parts of HTML5 for great slideshows.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Folks should realize that things used in slideshows like HTML5 smooth transitions between images are supported in the latest Safari, but not in Firefox 3.x or IE8. I believe they're coming in Firefox 4 - don't know about IE9. So, unless you're willing to sacrifice slideshow quality or features for most viewers, we aren't quite there yet on using the best parts of HTML5 for great slideshows.
    Excellent info John! Thank you! thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    mdjgclmdjgcl Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I'm trying to sort out a small problem with the html 5 homepage slideshow. It shows up fine on my laptop and iphone but for some reason it will not display on my ipad 2. All thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mark
    http://phaetonplace.smugmug.com