Options

if you were getting married now..who would you choose to photograph your wedding?

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited August 25, 2010 in Weddings
hands down mr aleksandras
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    If I could afford it, Angie.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Um....

good question. I would need the special someone first. Not that I am in any rush, either Pat (Pike or Furey) I think I would be proud with either one. And feed and give lots of drinks to.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Um....

good question. I would need the special someone first. Not that I am in any rush, either Pat (Pike or Furey) I think I would be proud with either one. And feed and give lots of drinks to.

They are awseome photographers for sure but too "glamorous" for my taste...haha! If I were a rock star then one of those 2 would fit the bill easily.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    hands down mr aleksandras
    I was just thinking the same thing after going through his site the other night! iloveyou.gif The classic beauty and consistent timelessness of his images are amazing. Yet still spontaneous.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I don't think I could choose, there's too many out there whose work I truly admire... In NO particular order: Jose Villa, The Becker, or Jeff Ascough... The list is probably really long but I can't think of them all at the moment...

That is, of course, if I could AFFORD them. I can't, and the wedding photographer I DID hire last year did a GREAT job. (Tony Yang)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    daq7daq7 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Robert Mapelthorpe.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    daq7 wrote: »
    Robert Mapelthorpe.

hahaha!
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    There are sooooo many so very good photographers available I think it would be a decision driven by personality. I think it would probably Mark Warren (a friend and local photographer) or urbanaries. I know them both and really like them both. Now, whether I could convince either of them to work with me would be another matter :D
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Wow... The list is long:

AltF (AKA JMC)
    Joe B.
    Jerry G.
    The Bebbs
    Mark Ridout
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Foques wrote: »
    If I could afford it, Angie.

Uhhhhmmm, you are WAY too kind, haha! Thank you :saurora, but there are soooo many good ones out there!

Boy, the list IS really very long, all I can say, I'd definitely never ever go with the one we had again, that's for sure. rolleyes1.gif He was a guy that didn't have his heart in his business, had a couple nice photos on his website (god knows where those came from), and did not have ONE creative bone, nor did he know anything about his camera (good one, right??)
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Uhhhhmmm, you are WAY too kind, haha! Thank you :saurora, but there are soooo many good ones out there!

Boy, the list IS really very long, all I can say, I'd definitely never ever go with the one we had again, that's for sure. rolleyes1.gif He was a guy that didn't have his heart in his business, had a couple nice photos on his website (god knows where those came from), and did not have ONE creative bone, nor did he know anything about his camera (good one, right??)

how did you get duped? surely you must know some amazing wedding photogs that you trust?
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Aleksandras Babicius
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I'd have to seriously consider flying way up north to let Heather work her Alaskan mountain magic!
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    how did you get duped? surely you must know some amazing wedding photogs that you trust?

I wasn't a wedding photographer at that time .... tough he was the reason I became one, thought I could definitely make brides happier than *I* was thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    I wasn't a wedding photographer at that time .... tough he was the reason I became one, thought I could definitely make brides happier than *I* was thumb.gif

*nods*
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    If price were no object I would have to say Christopher Becker. The guy is just way to much fun, and his work is truly amazing.

I would also be quite honored to have in no particular order Heatherfeather - love the look of her pictures. Matt Saville - amazing classic feel to his images (but only if we agreed not to debate the photography business part - lol), and urbanaries - again just love the feel of her images.

There are so many other great photographers out there it would be very hard to choose.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I had a choice and I chose anwmn1 (Aaron). He did a spectacular jobclap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    This sure is a tough question! I do a lot more lurking then showing so I see all of your work daily and you all do a fabulous job and have your own great qualities about you. So I would be happy with all of you! But, I had to narrow it down, but I couldn't narrow it down to one so I picked 4! :-) In alphabetical order: agnieszka, heatherfeather, matthew saville and zoomer. It's a shame I'm already married but I am always willing to do a reshoot!!
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Randy Kerr, Ronnie Renaldi, Terri Mason would be at the tops of my list.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    For those of you that can actually remember your wedding day.....and the time leading upto it...after the proposal........
    Do you really think your mother in law would leave the choice of photog upto you since it would be her money and little girl
    that the wedding is for..............................most of us would be sweating bullets just to make a suggestion of who should be used.....
    most MIL are viewed and thought of as Endora's .........................................................gotta love the new bewitched commercials on wgn
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Honestly it is very difficult to choose one photographer from dgrin.... why don't you run a contest or pick randomly or invite everyone as guest lol
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    I'd have to seriously consider flying way up north to let Heather work her Alaskan mountain magic!

Yup....I really like her style!thumb.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Well, all I gotta say is THANK GOD I only have to do it once. These people always amaze me on how much coin they are willing to drop for one day, and not just for the photography. How about a really nice downpayment on a home instead?
    All that aside, have to say: either Patrick Pike, or Agnieszka. I love Patrick's lighting... and Agnieszka's fantastic and extensive PS work on her pics. Way more detailed than I do. Now if they could just get together, I'll know who to hire in 100 years when my kids are old enough to get married.

(And to those of you that said me: Thanks! you guys are so nice!)
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Aleksandras. He's like a magician... bowdown.gif

Malte
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Since the question was asked of who I would choose, and not a LIST of who I would choose from, I would have to say
    ......Sean McLellan. (McLellan Style)
    http://www.mclellanstyle.com/

He's a local from here in Nashville, and I think he's getting national recognition. (He's a Smugger too, I think)
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    daq7daq7 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    The whole weight of the wedding expectation was always just beyond me. I might have hired someone to sketch it, but they would have had to brave sub-zero temperatures on the way to the justice of the peace. People are a serious mystery to me....
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    I'd go with Heather Feather. A local and is so darn good!
  • Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I agree with Heather. If I were to do it again, as much as I enjoyed our wedding day, I'd just set up my camera on a tripod and take a timer shot of us in front of the JoP and put all that money toward something like our house or a college fund for the kids. rolleyes1.gif

That aside, while I'm just a lurker in this subforum, I am continuously amazed by all the fantastic work shown here, and I'd have a really hard time choosing. I'd probably lean towards Heather, but that bias is in large part b/c of her location, so it could mean an Alaskan destination wedding. clap.gif
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I agree with Heather. If I were to do it again, as much as I enjoyed our wedding day, I'd just set up my camera on a tripod and take a timer shot of us in front of the JoP and put all that money toward something like our house or a college fund for the kids. rolleyes1.gif
    For the record, that is exactly what we did. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I don't think I could figure it out unless I HAD to. I just know I wouldn't choose someone based on portraits -- as those can be done ANYTIME and aren't nearly as important, imo. I'd grab someone who had solid documentary work in an aesthetically pleasing way. And it'd probably be a friend as it'd be rad to be comfortable with them.