My girls (in bikinis)

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited August 31, 2010 in People
Just thought I'd share for anyone that likes bikinis. :)

imagexgirls1280x.jpg

*EDIT* I removed almost all of the pics. I'm not leaving them up for all the perverts who have viewed this thread to cop a look and don't bother to comment on some very good pics. Pretty much done sharing anything on this site.

Comments

• ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    ..... and can't forget my truck. I call this shot "Haulin' Booty". :D

nik65631.jpg
    edited August 29, 2010
    Non-Commenting Perverts!! Yeah, YOU!!
    :D
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    I love it. You bill a thread as girls in bikinis to get people to look. And then when you get views - you call them perverts. It's like girls who walk around with their breasts hanging out and then get mad when men look at them. Wasn't that the point? There are a lot of threads that people look at and don't comment on that don't have girls in bikinis in them.
    edited August 29, 2010
    And honestly from a photography standpoint, I'm not really digging them. The harsh sunlight could have been handled better.
  • zentricksterzentrickster Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    Nice shots, pretty ladies...

Those pink shoes look totally stupid...
  • TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010

*EDIT* I removed almost all of the pics. I'm not leaving them up for all the perverts who have viewed this thread to cop a look and don't bother to comment on some very good pics. Pretty much done sharing anything on this site.

Being the noob here, I'll take the bait. :poke rolleyes1.gif
    Sounds like you've already got it all figured out, "...on some very good pics."

First pic,
    uneven lighting is blowing out the top of the middle blonde and the legs on the left blonde.
    The two blonde's poses look uncomfortable and unnatural.
    funky blue rear windows and white sky
    the lady on the right looks natural and nicely exposed, in a photographic sort of way.

Second pic,
    nice truck, for a Dodge
    the ladies look proportionally small, like they were photochopped in.

(get's into flame-retardant suit) wave.gif
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    Sorry, here in China, either my internet provider or the Chinese Government has deemed your images (more likely the hosting provider he he) "subversive to the state" and blocked them. So I can't comment.

But don't get too mad if people take a peek when you title your post with that.
    edited August 29, 2010
    met wrote: »
    I love it. You bill a thread as girls in bikinis to get people to look. And then when you get views - you call them perverts. It's like girls who walk around with their breasts hanging out and then get mad when men look at them. Wasn't that the point? There are a lot of threads that people look at and don't comment on that don't have girls in bikinis in them.

It was a joke! It was because people will cop looks and not bother to say anything. I'm well aware that people sometimes don't comment on pics. How come you clicked on a bikini thread when you obviously have something against bikinis(ie "breasts hanging out"?

..... and I removed some of the better shots. I left these up because they show all 3 of the girls.
    edited August 29, 2010
    Tracker wrote: »
    Being the noob here, I'll take the bait. :poke rolleyes1.gif
    Sounds like you've already got it all figured out, "...on some very good pics."

First pic,
    uneven lighting is blowing out the top of the middle blonde and the legs on the left blonde.
    The two blonde's poses look uncomfortable and unnatural.
    funky blue rear windows and white sky
    the lady on the right looks natural and nicely exposed, in a photographic sort of way.

Second pic,
    nice truck, for a Dodge
    the ladies look proportionally small, like they were photochopped in.

(get's into flame-retardant suit) wave.gif

Thanks!
    edited August 29, 2010
    Sorry, here in China, either my internet provider or the Chinese Government has deemed your images (more likely the hosting provider he he) "subversive to the state" and blocked them. So I can't comment.

But don't get too mad if people take a peek when you title your post with that.

Are you serious? rolleyes1.gifChina!! Go figure!

I wasn't mad. It was really a joke because there were so many views and no comments. I think it's funny that people will want to post now because they didn't like or get my joke. rolleyes1.gif

... and I agree about the clown shoes.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    ..... and I removed some of the better shots. I left these up because they show all 3 of the girls.

Post your pics, and let's enjoy them. Dgrin has Many thousands and thousands of viewers - not everyone posts words but many will come and enjoy photos.
    edited August 29, 2010
    I realize we are all photographers but i find it funny that a lot people will completely disregard an image and call it "not good" because it may not be technically perfect. People need to lighten up and enjoy images instead of looking for faults all the time. I'm sure people can find faults in all their pictures too! I choose to enjoy the image for what it is.... just a picture. This site is HORRIBLE sometimes and I come across awesome images all the time and instead of compliments... you have some uptight pixel peeper tearing it apart. What's the point of sharing when so many people just look for faults instead of enjoying the overall image and subject??? It really takes the fun out of sharing sometimes. It isn't a photo contest. When I see a good picture.... I will compliment it instead of telling the person how the lighting is bad or whatever. I think people should post up a sample of how their own image is better(in their mind) when they pixel peep instead of simply enjoying an image. mwink.gif
    edited August 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Post your pics, and let's enjoy them. Dgrin has Many thousands and thousands of viewers - not everyone posts words but many will come and enjoy photos.

Yes, it should be about sharing and enjoying them..... more than the usual pixel peeping!

I know there are many many viewers and some people are just feeling lazy or not in the mood to comment... or simply don't want to. I just did that because of the subject matter and I knew that some people would just want to cop a look. They could at least comment on the girls themselves! mwink.gif My statements were just meant generally. There are a ton of good members here who do their best to encourage others with their pics. The pixel peepers need their own section though. For real! lol It's about sharing and just enjoying each others images to me. That's why i RARELY number my images in a post like "some people" think you are suppose to.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    I realize we are all photographers but i find it funny that a lot people will completely disregard an image and call it "not good" because it may not be technically perfect. People need to lighten up and enjoy images instead of looking for faults all the time. I'm sure people can find faults in all their pictures too! I choose to enjoy the image for what it is.... just a picture. This site is HORRIBLE sometimes and I come across awesome images all the time and instead of compliments... you have some uptight pixel peeper tearing it apart. What's the point of sharing when so many people just look for faults instead of enjoying the overall image and subject??? It really takes the fun out of sharing sometimes. It isn't a photo contest. When I see a good picture.... I will compliment it instead of telling the person how the lighting is bad or whatever. I think people should post up a sample of how their own image is better(in their mind) when they pixel peep instead of simply enjoying an image. mwink.gif

Put your pics back up and don't play games... the internet is full of lots of different types of folks, you'll get all sorts of comments.
    edited August 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »

I'll put a couple of em back. :D I really only posted them to show off the girls themselves. I usually just intend to share subject matter and don't really want or need pixel peeped. It's about the subject... not the technical aspect of it. That's just me though. Some people like to be told what's wrong so that they can get better. I'll usually ask for that if it's my intentions. Otherwise, I just don't care what is technically wrong with my images because I usually already know.

nik70151.jpg

nik69451.jpg
    Yes, I know the brunette is a little soft in the last pic. Just enjoy the image!

I don't know why I even bothered to take this shot. It's completely ruined because the sun didn't cooperate and there's a shadow on her face. I forgot my studio equipment. Just disregard this one, please. It never happened and is a waste of memory card space. lol Joke!
    nik60541.jpg
  • TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010

Non-Commenting Perverts!! Yeah, YOU!!
    It was a joke! It was because people will cop looks and not bother to say anything. I'm well aware that people sometimes don't comment on pics. How come you clicked on a bikini thread when you obviously have something against bikinis(ie "breasts hanging out"?

Are you serious? rolleyes1.gifChina!! Go figure!

I wasn't mad. It was really a joke because there were so many views and no comments. I think it's funny that people will want to post now because they didn't like or get my joke. rolleyes1.gif

... and I agree about the clown shoes.
    Yes, it should be about sharing and enjoying them..... more than the usual pixel peeping!

I know there are many many viewers and some people are just feeling lazy or not in the mood to comment... or simply don't want to. I just did that because of the subject matter and I knew that some people would just want to cop a look. They could at least comment on the girls themselves! mwink.gif My statements were just meant generally. There are a ton of good members here who do their best to encourage others with their pics. The pixel peepers need their own section though. For real! lol It's about sharing and just enjoying each others images to me. That's why i RARELY number my images in a post like "some people" think you are suppose to.
    I'll put a couple of em back. :D I really only posted them to show off the girls themselves. I usually just intend to share subject matter and don't really want or need pixel peeped. It's about the subject... not the technical aspect of it. That's just me though. Some people like to be told what's wrong so that they can get better. I'll usually ask for that if it's my intentions. Otherwise, I just don't care what is technically wrong with my images because I usually already know.

Yes, I know the brunette is a little soft in the last pic. Just enjoy the image!

I don't know why I even bothered to take this shot. It's completely ruined because the sun didn't cooperate and there's a shadow on her face. I forgot my studio equipment. Just disregard this one, please. It never happened and is a waste of memory card space. lol Joke!

headscratch.gifne_nau.gif I'm not sure where you're coming from exactly or what it is you wanted from us, but I wish you the best.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 29, 2010
    You crack me up. You say people that don't comment on the shots are perverts and then you say "I really only posted them to show off the girls themselves.". Then you're upset because when people do comment "I realize we are all photographers but i find it funny that a lot people will completely disregard an image and call it "not good" because it may not be technically perfect. People need to lighten up and enjoy images instead of looking for faults all the time.". it's art--get over it.

Not really sure who's the pervert here or what level of critique you're looking for.

My advice to anyone who doesn't want people looking at their pictures, don't post them. If you get a less than perfect critique, say thank you and move on.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    I looked.

Didn't see much that I liked.

I moved on.
    edited August 30, 2010
    Hey, people..... the pervert comment was a joke and was suppose to be funny....hence the "yeah you". Sorry you didn't get it and just want to get some BS started. This thread is about girls in bikinis. If you don't like it... move on with RogersDA! Thanks. thumb.gif

Here's another. I know it has noise and other issues but it doesn't bother me or most any other men. Looking at pixels instead of women is "funny" to me. Just sayin'.

nik70741.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    @ImageX:
    You really want comments? After calling everyone here perverts?

OK, here you go:

Learn how to behave in a public forum first.
    And learning how to shoot wouldn't hurt either. Owning a camera and a flash doesn't make you a photographer, ya know...

Happy now?
    Best regards
    Nikolai
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 30, 2010

I don't have a problem with bikinis and I wasn't speaking about the girls in the photos when I made that comment. It was a general analogy, which you'll see if you read my comment objectively. But congrats. You got people to comment in your thread - even if it was only by making intentionally inflammatory comments.
    edited August 30, 2010
    met wrote: »
    even if it was only by making intentionally inflammatory comments.

Seriously? For the third time..... it was a joke. This post WAS about images of girls in bikinis and I really don't appreciate you trying to make it something it's not. Should I go back and put a smiley by the pervert comment so that you can understand the humor of it? I tried explaining and that hasn't worked!
    edited August 30, 2010
    I can read and I understand that you said it was a joke.

And FYI, in netiquette - this doesn't read as a joke.

I'm making your thread into something you don't want it to be? You've been throwing down the whole thread about how you believe people in the forum should comment. You want people to not say anything if they don't have anything nice to say? Maybe that's why people weren't commenting. ne_nau.gif
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    I don't get the joke either... Anyway, I'm on this forum to learn stuff. I get plenty of praise from friends and family, but here I get comments on where I could improve. And to hear from others what is good as well of course. That is not only true for my own photos but also for what others post here.
    And as bikini shots go, I'm not really enjoying these.
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    I am with the others who have looked, didn't see anything I liked....

Moving on.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    And learning how to shoot wouldn't hurt either. Owning a camera and a flash doesn't make you a photographer, ya know...

Happy now?
    Best regards
    Nikolai
    Hey Nikwave.gif
    How's Sid doing with that copyright issue?rolleyes1.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    ImageX - slow down a bit and think about this. Dgrin ranks really high in terms of SEO ranking. Do a google search of "imagex photography" and this thread is coming up as the #4 listing on the first page.

I know this is frustrating to you but think long term. Calling people perverts in huge bold print on the web (even as a joke) probably isn't the first impression you want to give potential wedding/engagement clients.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Is it me or is the blonde's feet floating off the concrete? headscratch.gif

Your photo's just ain't sayin' much.. even with "models".

Here's another.

nik70741.jpg
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    dogwood wrote: »
    ImageX - slow down a bit and think about this. Dgrin ranks really high in terms of SEO ranking. Do a google search of "imagex photography" and this thread is coming up as the #4 listing on the first page.

I know this is frustrating to you but think long term. Calling people perverts in huge bold print on the web (even as a joke) probably isn't the first impression you want to give potential wedding/engagement clients.

15524779-Ti.gif ...Well.. tbh I agree with everyone here.

Not only are the "really nice pics" technically wrong in many ways, the subject, which matters the most, is not captured very well in any of the "really nice pics". Many of the angles, poses, and lighting are not flattering to the girls at all. Sure, you got them in bikinis.. grats.. now learn how to use the camera in your hands.

I got your joke after I read the second post you made. I'm a very sarcastic person, so I understand your humor. But, what you came back with after that... not cool at all. If you dont want critique, good or bad, dont post your pictures. If you're disappointed with dgrin why do you continue to come back?
    RogersDA wrote:
    Hey Nik
    How's Sid doing with that copyright issue?
    I'm not Nikolai, but I think BP's lawyers are helping him out with the lawsuit right now actually. They're inches away from setting Al Gore straight for stealing his image. rolleyes1.gif
    Jer
  • ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Clean your lens and sensor.