Options

Can we eliminate image-level pricing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    Even though I'm new here and late to the party, I think it should be kept - I have some panoramic size photos that I've gone through and set the available sizes and prices for each one.. the option to put them in a separate gallery doesn't work for me, as each one is different. The ability to do this is one of the reason I chose Smug. In fact, I think per image pricing needs to be improved a bit. Right now in order to set individual prices I have to click on the image, go to gallery price settings, and then at the top make sure I change to "image" instead of gallery to change it, there has been more than once that I almost forgot to do this and was about to change the whole gallery. Why not from the menu a simple Tools > This Photo > Set price option, just like the current Tools > This Gallery > Set prices?

_
    David Ian Hale
    TheDirtyLens.com

I vote for this also.
    Brandon Smith
    http://redwoodtwig.com
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2011
    As someone just moving into the fine art world, I can definitely see the need for image-level pricing. If I'm running all of the images from a show in a single gallery, for example, and one of those images takes best in show, that particular image would be able to be sold at a premium. I also run some of my images as limited run prints, whereas others from the same collection are more widely available. I could rearrange galleries perhaps, but that would then start to detract from the user experience, if they had to go into multiple galleries, and could also potentially hurt sales. This is, again, talking as someone just moving into this arena, but I can certainly see the use and need for individual pricing, but if the UI would vastly improve otherwise, then it might be worth the trade-off.

I agree with this as well, and also I know this would be a lot of code and just for the fine art market but if we could limit sales to X prints per image that would be a great feature.