Options

D7000 announcement. Is it finally time to upgrade my D200?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    They're not low light but this link does have a bunch of hi res D7000 shots taken at a range of ISO settings, up to 25,600. I'm no expert.. but they look might impressive to me. EG this one taken at 6400:

DSC_0628s.jpg

Follow the link to get the hi res and RAW shots.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    those look fairly good as 3200 and 6400..definitely better then d200, maybe on par or better then d300 depenfing on how it was processed.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Mav wrote: »
    They're not low light but this link does have a bunch of hi res D7000 shots taken at a range of ISO settings, up to 25,600. I'm no expert.. but they look might impressive to me. EG this one taken at 6400:

DSC_0628s.jpg

Follow the link to get the hi res and RAW shots.

From this photo hard to tell. Proper exposure is Uber important, but also is seeing the eye's to us humans....makes a diff.

Overall I would expect Nikon's latest iteration to be better but I'd have to see more than this particular photo.
    tom wise
  • Options
    MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    angevin1 wrote: »
    From this photo hard to tell. Proper exposure is Uber important, but also is seeing the eye's to us humans....makes a diff.

Overall I would expect Nikon's latest iteration to be better but I'd have to see more than this particular photo.

Did you follow the link to see the other examples?
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Mav wrote: »
    Did you follow the link to see the other examples?
    Thanks for the info and links guys! I'm still not sold, but I knew I wouldn't be. I want to see lots of examples and try myself. I am just that way. But I have a feeling it will be between this and the D300...only low light will tell :D Happy Friday!