Options

EXERCISE: Night shooting

13»

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited October 4, 2010
    1012635198_Qqz3u-Th.jpg Nice grain and POV. I like the single star as well.

1020013933_3QzZu-Th-2.jpg Great attitude and very good exposure. The white balance might be a bit too warm, but that could just be my monitor.

1021075695_kHS5A-Th.jpg Hmm...the light is good as is the blur of the train. There's a nice frame within the frame, but I'm not sure it's being used to best advantage. Might have worked better if a person was in it rather than to the side.

1021212513_PMAEP-Th.jpg Good one and kudos for taking it. Strong backlighting usually intimidates me so I don't even try.

1022361297_k9kh9-Th-1.jpg Nice color and composition. Very attractive scene.

Jago-ViG: sorry, I can't link to a thumb of your WTC light tribute shot. It's very cool and a little spooky.

1025789874_3ahWe-Th-2.jpg What a great scene! Do you have any other shots? I can imagine all kinds of possibilities there.

950850752_BQsR9-Th.jpg Nice action shot. Well framed to get both the people and the water.

1030913268_QDNcj-Th.jpg That's the way I feel about baseball :D.

1031214092_qyCxS-Th.jpg I like this one a lot, but on my monitor, the head of the person on the right is completely lost in the black. I'd like to see just a hint of a shape there.

Great job, everyone. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Firehouses of OhioFirehouses of Ohio Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Excercise: Night Shooting
    michswiss wrote: »
    I don't like happenstance "PJ" shots as a rule, but this one is intriguing. Can you repost as a larger version?

Most generally I don't like taking a pod period it gets in the way when working scenes.

950850752_BQsR9-XL.jpg

Hopefully this one from early this morning would be considered too.....

1033355582_ik8E6-XL.jpg
  • Options
    rdallandrdalland Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]1025789874_3ahWe-Th-2.jpg What a great scene! Do you have any other shots? I can imagine all kinds of possibilities there.

Great job, everyone. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

This was taken outside my building on the way home from work, after a 16 hr day...

I took a few shots from this location, this was the best of what I got. This was my first attempt at night shooting, and Street & PJ (and B&W conversion).

Thank you for the opportunity!

Reid
  • Options
    FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
  • Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    This was cool- let's do it again! clap.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited October 5, 2010
    Thanks to all who participated. I've added this thread to the exercises section in the sticky at the top of the forum. The thread remains open, so feel free to add shots, comments or lessons learned as you like.