Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #60 (Lace or Leather - Monotone only) CLOSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »

Logically speaking, a monotone image should not contain pure black or white, but just
    shades of 1 color - is that right?

Please clarify this for me.

Thank you,

The way I see it, the darkest version of any color is black and the lightest version of any color is white.

Instead of confusing the situation even further, all I will say is that your last version that you uploaded is fine. In fact all of your versions were within my definition located here
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    The way I see it, the darkest version of any color is black and the lightest version of any color is white.

Instead of confusing the situation even further, all I will say is that your last version that you uploaded is fine. In fact all of your versions were within my definition located here

Oh, I haven't seen that definition - it definitely says it very clearly thumb.gif

Thank you so much :D Can I still change it one more time tough? rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2010
    Just a reminder that you all have a little over 11 hours left till this round ends. Some of you may not have noticed the time change from 8am to 7pm in the evening.
    See y'all tonight :D
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Just a reminder that you all have a little over 11 hours left till this round ends. Some of you may not have noticed the time change from 8am to 7pm in the evening.
    See y'all tonight :D

Well, time to play with the "mini" then... :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Sean, I just sent you a PM, but maybe I should have posted the question here. I've got a problem with the EXIF data from my new camera. If you have time, please note my PM...I'm hoping you can help! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2010
    Sean, I just sent you a PM, but maybe I should have posted the question here. I've got a problem with the EXIF data from my new camera. If you have time, please note my PM...I'm hoping you can help! Thanks!

I replied to your PM.
    Essentially since you have addressed this before hand and it looks to me like there is a date taken field but a bunch of zeroes, possibly because your clock is not set. I will let the image into the judging without being disqualified. It is very important that you fix this for future entries.

Thanks
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    I replied to your PM.
    Essentially since you have addressed this before hand and it looks to me like there is a date taken field but a bunch of zeroes, possibly because your clock is not set. I will let the image into the judging without being disqualified. It is very important that you fix this for future entries.

Thanks

I will fix it for the future because I do understand the point of the rule! Obviously I still have to work at understanding my new camera...if worse comes to worst and I have trouble getting this fixed, I'll use my other camera for these contests. Thank you very much for your kindness this time 'round! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2010
    That's a wrap! We are now closed for judging. The public vote will be put up ASAP.deal.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2010
    2 Disqualifications this round

POW-MIA On Leather - date taken is outside of challenge time frame

1x untitled and uploaded after the closing of the round.

We are in the process of changing things over to a 100% public vote after round 61; once this happens EXIF information will be imperative if it is missing there will be no exceptions and a DQ will be the unfortunate consequence.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    We are in the process of changing things over to a 100% public vote after round 61; once this happens EXIF information will be imperative if it is missing there will be no exceptions and a DQ will be the unfortunate consequence.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that there will not be any guest judges? That will really change things, I think.

I was beginning to feel like the public voting muddles things. I must be in a minority!

Is this for the Megas, too?

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2010
    Do you mean that there will not be any guest judges? That will really change things, I think.

I was beginning to feel like the public voting muddles things. I must be in a minority!

Is this for the Megas, too?

Chris

At this point I'm not sure about Mega rounds but yes the regular rounds will be changed to one round of a multiple choice vote like we have been doing for the last several rounds. I have carefully looked at the data and they have been going so well it makes sense to go simple. I have had more feedback about "blind judges" than for the public vote to date so it seems everyone is liking how it is working. thumb.gif
    The only way I see it muddling things is that we have two rounds of public vote ATM - moving it into one 72 hour round will be much more straight forward.