Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #63 (Open study) CLOSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    I knew. If I'd had an event it would have been easy. I did shoot one thing and worked on it tonight, but I don't know if it will cut it. It wasn't what I had in mind.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2010
    Okay, got my idea! Now I just have to pull it off.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    I'm sympathizing with all of you with nothing! I've been shooting sports all week and nothing has materialized for this challenge!

I'm shooting the dress rehearsal of a play tonight...perhaps a flash of light will get my brain going!

Who thought 'open' could be so tough!

Chris

Sports works as does the dress rehearsal.

Maybe a lot of folks are just overthinking this. Enter your favorite shot from these 2 weeks.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Is that a hint at the next theme?! :D

I "reveal" "nothing" rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2010
    I only shoot for challenges or if someone hires me for something (which isn't often). Other than that, my regular job takes up my time so I don't have a favorite shot in a two week period. I have to make time. Tomorrow!
    SandiZ
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    I "reveal" "nothing" rolleyes1.gif

I'll start working on that!
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2010
    I'll start working on that!

Since everyone is so anxious to know what the next theme is.
    I will give you a small hint.

ready?

ok are you sure your ready?

here it is.

thats it. :splat
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2010
    You have my curiosity peaked!
    SandiZ
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Dont't work on it until the 15thnth.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Sports works as does the dress rehearsal.

Maybe a lot of folks are just overthinking this. Enter your favorite shot from these 2 weeks.

15524779-Ti.gif

Just have your camera handy so you can take advantage of an opportunity.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    WhatSheSaw and Linda--my goal was to do something that I've never tried before, but to do it within my regular shooting assignments for the week. (I contribute to a small local online news outlet.)

I shot an outdoor concert, a theater production, a D1 college football game and an NHL hockey game.

The most common theme was people. since I'm not a portrait shooter at all, that's where I concentrated..... informal portrait that I could process in high key. I needed a goal. I like that I found my own goal within the Open theme.

Thanks for everyone who kept yakking at those of us who were having difficulty finding our niche in the Open Study theme.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Anyone else having a problem logging out of the Challenge gallery?

I've tried to log out numerous times and every time it says I am logged out. Then I try to log in to my own site and get switched to the Challenge site, which shows me as logged in.

The Challenge site is really a nice site but I have to be honest. It isn't mine and I'm rather fond of my own.

I'm hoping that when I try to re-log into my site tomorrow (or later tonight if I can't wait any longer) I will be able to do so.

Oh, and when I went to upload a picture, the screen came up without any way to upload. I eventually found that the Jurasic version worked (the one that gives you a button to push for each photo you want to upload) and I was able to upload. But, hey, I thought I had outgrown that.

Just askin!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »

I've tried to log out numerous times and every time it says I am logged out. Then I try to log in to my own site and get switched to the Challenge site, which shows me as logged in.

The Challenge site is really a nice site but I have to be honest. It isn't mine and I'm rather fond of my own.

I'm hoping that when I try to re-log into my site tomorrow (or later tonight if I can't wait any longer) I will be able to do so.

Oh, and when I went to upload a picture, the screen came up without any way to upload. I eventually found that the Jurasic version worked (the one that gives you a button to push for each photo you want to upload) and I was able to upload. But, hey, I thought I had outgrown that.

Just askin!

Virginia

I haven't had that problem. Maybe try flushing your internet cache. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »

I personally have had a few glitches this week. Clearing my cache or trying a different browser does seem to work in my case.

You are not the first person to notice a few weird things happening, so I do suspect there may be some stuff that needs attending to since I also just received an alert from SmugMug saying they are putting things into read only mode tonight at 10 pm Pacific time for emergency maintenance.

see here: http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site

and here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=183490

Hope that helps. :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Yes, I just picked up the same message re SmugMug emergency maintenance.

I'll clear my cache and wait until tomorrow to try to login to my site.

Thanks Sean and WhatSheSaw!!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    OPEN is now CLOSED
    This round is now closed to entries.
    I will be cleaning things up and posting the public poll sometime tonight.

The new challenge is still getting the finishing touches done to it and will be posted ASAP. :D
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    I personally have had a few glitches this week. Clearing my cache or trying a different browser does seem to work in my case.

You are not the first person to notice a few weird things happening, so I do suspect there may be some stuff that needs attending to since I also just received an alert from SmugMug saying they are putting things into read only mode tonight at 10 pm Pacific time for emergency maintenance.

see here: http://status.smugmug.com/services/entire-site

and here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=183490

Hope that helps. :D

I was having problems posting my image in the challenge gallery. I finally had to pick a different method of uploading for the 3rd time and it worked. Thought it was just me, but it seemed weird since I'd never had that issue before. I was just now trying to view the gallery and it's moving REALLY slow. I can't get it to change images or pages even, so I quit trying for now.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    DQ's
    Seems to be working for me ATM..

Last round we had no Disqualifications but unfortunately this time we have two. :cry

Froch - Youth = No EXIF information, Make sure you always check the info after uploading.

CookieS - Gritty = Uploaded after the challenges closing time.

A small rant here, which I have not mentioned until now:
    I will start reminding all of you that if your caption does not conform to:
    Dgrin User name - Title it may be subject to DQ as well.

It is a simple thing to ask and do, the main reason behind doing it is consistency.
    I do not want to see a colon : or ~ or -- or :: or anything else in between your user name and title.
    What I do want to see is your Dgrin user name, a space, then a - (minus character), then another space, then finally the title of your photo.

So far I have been editing the captions to conform and there are many of you that every time I am changing it.
    Please in the future follow this format. It is actually part of the rules and has been since the beginning. thumb.gif

ok rant over. :*sip*
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    Vote for your top 10
    The poll is posted here
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    Seems to be working for me ATM..

Last round we had no Disqualifications but unfortunately this time we have two. :cry

Froch - Youth = No EXIF information, Make sure you always check the info after uploading.

CookieS - Gritty = Uploaded after the challenges closing time.

A small rant here, which I have not mentioned until now:
    I will start reminding all of you that if your caption does not conform to:
    Dgrin User name - Title it may be subject to DQ as well.

It is a simple thing to ask and do, the main reason behind doing it is consistency.
    I do not want to see a colon : or ~ or -- or :: or anything else in between your user name and title.
    What I do want to see is your Dgrin user name, a space, then a - (minus character), then another space, then finally the title of your photo.

So far I have been editing the captions to conform and there are many of you that every time I am changing it.
    Please in the future follow this format. It is actually part of the rules and has been since the beginning. thumb.gif

ok rant over. :*sip*

Thanks Sean