Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #64 (Nine)

13»

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    I saw your question the first time but was out all day and did not have time to answer until now.
    Re-reading what I wrote in the initial instructions makes it pretty clear that the black border must be strictly followed.
    I understand that you won't see the border if your background is black, I do not think it will matter.

Thanks for asking.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't mean to rush you, but I was so excited about what I did and was ready to post it
    into the gallery... (I actually thought that my question got lost among the "Photoscape" questions)

Now, I'm confused - you "don't think it will matter" what: if the frame is invisible, or if the frame is white?

I'll have to post my "artwork" here so you can see what I mean:

1. white frame

1100096348_wTAFo-M.jpg

2. black frame

1100456600_KmoWZ-M.jpg

I know it's very early for your time, but later please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Now, I'm confused - you "don't think it will matter" what: if the frame is invisible, or if the frame is white?

Sorry for the confusion... I should have been more direct.

No white.

Black must be strictly used.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    OK, thank you.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    :) even if I don't get anything entered this time I have learned. I downloaded Photoscape and am having a blast playing with it. Easy program!
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2010
    CookieS wrote: »
    OK, I sure hope I did it right this time,

thumb.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Which is why I love watching other people work. :D

I love your second example. Scratch another idea. rolleyes1.gif

thank you for the tut with out it --no entry for me thanks again it did make it easy thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    travissawyertravissawyer Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    I opened a new file in photoshop that was 424 by 317. Then I opened my images one by one into that window to adjust. Merge visible, then drop it onto the handy template provided in the discription :)

Probably not the easiest way...but meh, it works lol.
    :ivarwww.mellowphotography.com:ivar
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    sean, this may have been answered already, but does each image need to be resized and 'saved' at 424x317 in the exif gallery, or just the main image reflect 1280x959 sizing with each image sized to fit...
  • Options
    PhilNixPhilNix Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2010
    I'd like to join in
    Hi, just getting to grips with Dgrin, can you send me details when you have another competition please

Phil

Phil@nixpix.me
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    Froch wrote: »
    sean, this may have been answered already, but does each image need to be resized and 'saved' at 424x317 in the exif gallery, or just the main image reflect 1280x959 sizing with each image sized to fit...

The exif gallery can be any size of image you like. The main requirement is each picture must have exif info.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    PhilNix wrote: »
    Hi, just getting to grips with Dgrin, can you send me details when you have another competition please

Phil

Phil@nixpix.me

Welcome, Phil! There are challenges every 2 weeks. The next one will start on Monday evening (11/29). They do get to be habit forming. :D
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2010
    jwear wrote: »
    thank you for the tut with out it --no entry for me thanks again it did make it easy thumb.gif

Thanks, jwear! No trouble at all.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Welcome, Phil! There are challenges every 2 weeks. The next one will start on Monday evening (11/29). They do get to be habit forming. :D

Just to add to WhatSheSaw's wonderful help thumb.gif
    here is the calendar that goes until the new year... I will be updating it soon.

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1400045&postcount=3
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Sean... I am leaving for work now, and won't be back till almost 7 pm...can you please verify for me that I have everything correct in my image that I uploaded??? Please tell me I did it right!!! (rteest 42 C is For Cookie is the image)

thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2010
    rteest42 wrote: »
    Sean... I am leaving for work now, and won't be back till almost 7 pm...can you please verify for me that I have everything correct in my image that I uploaded??? Please tell me I did it right!!! (rteest 42 C is For Cookie is the image)

thanks!

Two things I can see wrong:
    1. Your title is missing a dash in between your user name, your use name should not have a space in it, since it doesn't here on dgrin.

rteest42 - C is For Cookie. {---- that is correct

2. This is the bigger problem, the gallery you have linked to is not showing me any EXIF data for the photos.

Other than those two things everything looks fine.
    I am still fixing captions without disqualifying, but I am unable to do anything about not having exif info available in your gallery. :cry
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2010
    All closed up --
    Voting thread will be posted sometime tonight once I have had a chance to verify all the EXIF's :D

New challenges will be put up within the hour, thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Removal of entry
    I note that my entry to Challenge #64 has been deleted from the Gallery - can someone please advise me the reason?
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    DQ's
    Two disqualifications this time around.

Tewmom - Sweet Taste of Italy = images shot outside the time frame of the challenge.

and

Torrbrae - Whale Island's Moods = EXIF data was not supplied
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    Two disqualifications this time around.

Tewmom - Sweet Taste of Italy = images shot outside the time frame of the challenge.

and

Torrbrae - Whale Island's Moods = EXIF data was not supplied

EXIF data was on original photos before combined - thought had included on combining the photos (never done before) as showing in Photoscape. Still learning all the ropes! Will include in my Gallery.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    torrbrae wrote: »
    EXIF data was on original photos before combined - thought had included on combining the photos (never done before) as showing in Photoscape. Still learning all the ropes! Will include in my Gallery.

Hello Torrbrae,
    Welcome to Dgrin and DSS. I understand that being new to this whole thing that it is a bit of a steep learning curve. Unfortunately you picked one of the more complicated challenges to join us. Each of the photos in your nine images needed to have EXIF info so that I could verify the authenticity and time taken for each one. You did not provide a link to such a gallery as described in the instructions, because of that I was forced to disqualify your entry. Please keep participating. You can enter in the current round here
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    Hello Torrbrae,
    Welcome to Dgrin and DSS. I understand that being new to this whole thing that it is a bit of a steep learning curve. Unfortunately you picked one of the more complicated challenges to join us. Each of the photos in your nine images needed to have EXIF info so that I could verify the authenticity and time taken for each one. You did not provide a link to such a gallery as described in the instructions, because of that I was forced to disqualify your entry. Please keep participating. You can enter in the current round here

Thanks for reply - re-read instructions and note missed the point of the EFIX gallery. As you note, was a more complicated challenge, but very interesting - had not considered combining photos this way. Is good learning curve seeing what others have done - some very ingenious pictures created. Will keep participating, as see as a good way of getting comments on my photos.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    Great to hear torrbrae, thank you for participating. thumb.gif