Options

24x24 Softbox

13»

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    Ok - done (although having just spent a bunch of other money this week I can't believe I had the guts to click "buy" just now - am I completely losing my mind? Uh, don't answer that... rolleyes1.gif).

Despite the attractive discount on the EZBox at Adorama at the moment, I decided to order the Cheetah Q16 (as well as the Cheetahmini folding stand) for a total of $120 incl shipping. I'll let you know how they work out... thumb.gif
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Ok - done (although having just spent a bunch of other money this week I can't believe I had the guts to click "buy" just now - am I completely losing my mind? Uh, don't answer that... rolleyes1.gif).

Despite the attractive discount on the EZBox at Adorama at the moment, I decided to order the Cheetah Q16 (as well as the Cheetahmini folding stand) for a total of $120 incl shipping. I'll let you know how they work out... thumb.gif

Please do :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2010
    Thanks for that amazon link Neil - when I finally have a 3rd (and 4th :D) flash and can use strip-boxes, that looks like it would be the way to go! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2010
    Cheetah stuff arrived today - I'll do a separate post about it, but having quickly set it up and had a look at it so far I am extremely impressed. The materials aren't quite as luxurious as the Lastolite (the nylon isn't as thick and "suitcase-ish"), but the bracket and ball head are a lot sturdier than I was expecting.

The folding stand is also much sturdier than I had anticipated - it's a GREAT travel lightstand, and the legs, while small, splay out wide enough that it's quite sturdy. I wouldn't put a heavy studio strobe on it, but for speedlights? Perfect.

More when I get a chance, but so far thumb.gif
  • Options
    photogreenphotogreen Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Cheetah stuff arrived today - I'll do a separate post about it, but having quickly set it up and had a look at it so far I am extremely impressed. The materials aren't quite as luxurious as the Lastolite (the nylon isn't as thick and "suitcase-ish"), but the bracket and ball head are a lot sturdier than I was expecting.

The folding stand is also much sturdier than I had anticipated - it's a GREAT travel lightstand, and the legs, while small, splay out wide enough that it's quite sturdy. I wouldn't put a heavy studio strobe on it, but for speedlights? Perfect.

More when I get a chance, but so far thumb.gif
    please do share more later. thanx!
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2010
    Full report here