Bought two new D7000's.

2»

Comments

• EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    This isn't trolling, the OP bought a newly release DSLR that everyone was raving about, and just didn't like the feel and the video capabilities. So potential D7000 video buyers are now warned. Not to say the video is bad, just that some people may not like it. That's all.

thumb.gif

Especially that video from Chase Jarvis, it was somewhat misleading. Makes as if one could go out at night, and just shoot a video, and make it look like a hollywood production.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbBKukJzBk&feature=player_embedded
  • studio1972studio1972 Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    thumb.gif

Especially that video from Chase Jarvis, it was somewhat misleading. Makes as if one could go out at night, and just shoot a video, and make it look like a hollywood production.

What, a marketing film gave the impression that a product was better than it really is, how shocking! rolleyes1.gif

Seriously though you might be better off on dvxuser for info on dslr video.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    thumb.gif

1.) When you're as good as Chase Jarvis, ANYTHING looks effortless.

2.) It's a marketing campaign, you have to expect a certain amount of hype. And Nikon isn't even the worst; the grass is (spray painted) a LOT greener on the Canon side, when it comes to marketing and advertising. They show their rebel cameras effortlessly taking fast-action shots of football players all the time! So personally, I stick with Nikon because I can always trust them to be a little LESS hype-ish...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    1.) When you're as good as Chase Jarvis, ANYTHING looks effortless.

2.) It's a marketing campaign, you have to expect a certain amount of hype. And Nikon isn't even the worst; the grass is (spray painted) a LOT greener on the Canon side, when it comes to marketing and advertising. They show their rebel cameras effortlessly taking fast-action shots of football players all the time! So personally, I stick with Nikon because I can always trust them to be a little LESS hype-ish...

Yeah, good point.

Well, I have both sold! Look forward to the Panny GH2 an that little 20mm f1.7 pancake lens, and an adaptor for the Nikon lenses.