TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    This, That, or Those ? What?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    This, That, or Those ? What?

If I were you I would go with This. As long as you love whatever This is. mwink.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    If I were you I would go with This. As long as you love whatever This is. mwink.gif

He loves emoticons---
    take a photo of emoticons Aaron.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    How to shoot SmugMug HQ in an interesting way.... hmmmmm.....
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Well, I have my idea, but not sure if dgrin is ready for what I'm about to display.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    A no is better than a never asked.

Something we/I always should remember! Well said.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2011
    The only celebrity I've ever been close to is Tiny Tim (I don't even like to admit that). Oh, and Gary Frank and Cookie Monster. Can't imagine Sting!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    The only celebrity I've ever been close to is Tiny Tim (I don't even like to admit that). Oh, and Gary Frank and Cookie Monster. Can't imagine Sting!

That's funny! Tiny Tim is the only celebrity I've ever been close to, too!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    That's funny! Tiny Tim is the only celebrity I've ever been close to, too!

That is so funny. Of all the celebs...

Back in 2007 I turned to put my jacket on the back of my seat at a concert and found Eddie Vedder sitting behind me. Yowzer!
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    ReenieReenie Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Patti wrote: »
    ... but Sting is in NZ. How do I photograph him when he's on the other side of the world???rolleyes1.gif

That's funny...but I bet you wish you could be there to photograph him ;-)
    When you get the choice to sit it out or dance...I hope you dance. All4Him, Reenie
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2011
    Mr. Moderator, Why do they have to be from smugmug? I won't be able to afford to keep that acct after the free trial is over and so that means I can't play on this forum any more :-( Just wondering.

I thought that it was $150 for the smugmug acct...glad to discover that it is only $5/mo so I can still keep up with dgrins :-D
    When you get the choice to sit it out or dance...I hope you dance. All4Him, Reenie
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2011
    billseye wrote: »
    Chocolate again??? eek7.gif

That's funny, I was thinking the same. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2011
    Reenie wrote: »
    Mr. Moderator, Why do they have to be from smugmug? I won't be able to afford to keep that acct after the free trial is over and so that means I can't play on this forum any more :-( Just wondering.

I thought that it was $150 for the SmugMug acct...glad to discover that it is only $5/mo so I can still keep up with dgrins :-D

I am not sure what you are asking here, but what I am understanding is that you think you need a SmugMug account to participate. This is not the case at all. You do need to upload your photo to the Gallery specified in the first post of this thread and it is indeed hosted by SmugMug but you yourself do not need to have your own account.

I hope this makes sense and answers your question.
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Oui! Gruyère et Vouvray!iloveyou.gif

I LOVE a french accent!!!!!!!iloveyou.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    FotehogFotehog Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2011
    No option to upload
    So I'm still a little confused...

When I click on the Gallery link, there are no instructions on how to upload. All I get is the Gallery with no options other than to view the 4 pages of photos.

I have tried signing out of both my SmugMug account and my Dgrin account and still nothing. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited February 21, 2011
    Fotehog wrote: »

When I click on the Gallery link, there are no instructions on how to upload. All I get is the Gallery with no options other than to view the 4 pages of photos.

I have tried signing out of both my SmugMug account and my Dgrin account and still nothing. What am I missing here?

I was confused yesterday when I tried to do this. I had trouble finding the instructions I followed before and finally referred back to these instructions from the last challenge entry page:

How to upload:
    Note: Uploading your image requires you to login to this gallery with a specific user name and password. Therefore, if you are logged in on your own SmugMug account, you must first click on 'logout' at the bottom of this page.
    1. At the bottom of this page, click on 'login'.
    2. When prompted for an email/password, use "challenges" for both, and click on 'Log In'.
    3. You will be redirected to this page.
    4. Click on the 'Challenge Submissions' gallery to enter it.
    5. Click on '+Upload' button, near the top. Select 'To This Gallery'.
    6. When prompted for what uploader to use, we recommend the 'simple uploader. For help or problems with the uploader, please see this SmugMug help page.
    7. Drag your image to the Simple Uploader, and click on 'Upload'.
    8. After you have uploaded the image, make sure you caption it with your Dgrin username and a unique image title. Please use this format: username - title. Make sure you only use a hyphen to separate your username and title
    9. When you are done, don't forget to click on 'Logout' near the bottom of the page!
    Those familiar with other uploading methods may, of course, use those methods with the same username/password (challenges) combination.

If these aren't in the general thread of how-to's for the challenge, could they be added for an easy reference for folks who may be entering these challenges infrequently?

Fotehog, I hope this helps you out!

Gretchen
  • Options
    FotehogFotehog Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2011
    Gretchen -

Got it! THANKS!!
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2011
    Great images so far! Last time I was hard pressed to find 10 to vote for; this time there are many!
    SandiZ
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2011
    ok .. I'm ready for the next challenge.... :ivar
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Fotehog wrote: »

I must apologize Fotehog, I totally missed putting the info that Gretchen gave you in the gallery description. I normally do that but somehow it got missed this time around. Glad you were able to get it to work.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    This round is now closed.

I just got back from a studio meeting, I will be posting the voting thread and the new challenges ASAP.

Thanks everyone for showing us what you love! :D