Stylist magic

2»

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Absolutely. I think I actually prefer the red-hed in her "au naturel" state personally; I got the feeling she "switched on" more for the camera once she was in what amounted to costume and makeup, though.

Also, I think it's extraordinary what a difference the straightened hair makes - both of them are fluffy/curly girls, so when the hair's smooth and glossy, it REALLY changes their look.

Finally, eyebrows - on both girls these have not merely been groomed, but somewhat reshaped (and darkened); so easy to forget, but eyebrows make such a big difference to expression and overall look. What's hilarious is to see actors made up for TV through a camera which isn't the one they've been made up for - the eyebrows are so overdone in the outtakes/stills, although they look great for the medium the MUA's were actually styling for!

Great thread, Rey - thanks for sharing!

I agree Diva...the eyebrows have as much to do with the transformation as does the hair.
    When I think of the overdone look for the video camera I think of Will Ferrell's The Anchorman and how he always had that made up look when he went in front of the camera...kinda funny.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited April 7, 2011
    And last but not least:

Before:

1241971226_JmLXj-L.jpg

After:

1242489776_L6MZR-L.jpg

I did do some skin fixes on this one though. :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    IMO anyone who takes the wave out of that last one's hair should find another line of work.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited April 7, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    IMO anyone who takes the wave out of that last one's hair should find another line of work.

Funny you say that because I asked her and she said she hated her hair even that wavy because her hair is naturally curly.

Here is what she prefers:

1242361588_DeKuU-L-1.jpg

The grass is always greener on the other side eh. :D

I love her curls too btw.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »

It used to be a long, awful job, but with the new ceramic heated straighteners it's actually not so bad. Still takes a while, but is way more successful and doesn't need setting. I was skeptical too until I saw one in action - they're a pretty impressive tool!

That said, these girls all have a TON of hair and I sure wouldn't have wanted to have to do it!!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    Diva, Darlin', you mistake my meaning. Let me put it another way: They should be shot. And I hope that girl comes to her senses sooner rather than later. Maybe Twiggy secretly wanted curves, and maybe Dolly wanted a stick figure, but they figured out pretty early on that what they had was what they had, and made money with it (or them, as the case may be.) Her wavy hair is gorgeous.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Yeah, after I'd posted and walked away it suddenly dropped into my head what you'd actually meant rolleyes1.gif (it's been that kind of a day)
  • Nasser RadiNasser Radi Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    I really loved lighting