As a protest over this moderator's behaviour I am not posting for a month

2»

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    As moderators we may sometimes seem act too quickly, sometimes too slowly. You may not agree with all of our decisions. But know this: we take this forum very seriously. And this forum is you guys. All of you guys. So we listen, and we look at what's happening, and we do the best we can.

My point isn't to engender sympathy, but to encourage you all to keep letting us know how you feel. You can do this anywhere you want: in a post, in the request to moderators thread, in a PM, whatever. thumb.gif Know that we don't always turn on a dime, and that just because we haven't already done as you wished doesn't mean that we won't.

Hopefully we can avoid this kind of escalation in the future.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    I have given up on more than one forum because they just got too ugly. Adventure Rider for one.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Alex and DavidTO - this exchange is a perfect example of why I love dgrin, and you guys are both a really class act. Plenty of moderators wade in, but few are brave enough to respond with this kind of dignity, humour, honesty, and genuine interest in what people have to say. And even change their minds! Bravo to you both! clap.gif

FWIW, I think there were valid points raised on both sides of the recent discussion, and - while it may have been OT to the actual photo which sparked the comments and yeah, it threatened to get a bit ugly here and there- there were some interesting points in the mix about "the meaning of art", how we interpret things contextually, the intention of the artist vs the (possibly unintentional) impact of the piece of art, and where different people see the line between humour, satire, and inappropriate. I'm glad you restored some of those, even if it's a bit tense in places. thumb.gif

ETA: Richy - you're back! Good to see you roun' again!