Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM - who has it in stock!?

2»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    45240074-L.jpg

not sure if I'll send it back or not...
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 20, 2005
    Now that's flare!! Interesting here, but flare just the same. I AM waiting until the new models are available.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Now that's flare!! Interesting here, but flare just the same. I AM waiting until the new models are available.
    The new ones are evidently trickling out. I was on Tallyn's waiting list and got a call last Thursday they'd just received a new batch and I should have it tomorrow - just in time for a 4-day weekend! clap.gif But, I just spoke with Mark at Tallyn's and their stock's already gone. I'm also on B&H list and haven't received a notice from them yet, so either they haven't received their shipment or I was too far down the list for what they got.

Good luck and good hunting!

Jack
    Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    edited November 21, 2005
    Andy wrote:

Andy, just out of curiosity, how frequently are you seeing this and is the flare evident through the viewfinder? - Jack
    Jack

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • PetersCreekPetersCreek Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    I'd ordered one back in October through a local retailer and received e-mail notification on Friday (11/18) that my lens had shipped. Crossing my fingers for arrival today.
    edited November 21, 2005
    Fyi, B&H just emailed me saying they had this lens in stock! - Jack
    Jack

• PetersCreekPetersCreek Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Picked mine up yesterday afternoon! So far, it looks like a peach.
    edited November 22, 2005
    Andy, just out of curiosity, how frequently are you seeing this and is the flare evident through the viewfinder? - Jack

very infrequently, jack. and yeah - you can see it in the vf.
    edited November 24, 2005
    Picked mine up yesterday afternoon! So far, it looks like a peach.
    Mine arrived today and it looks clean as a whistle!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Just in time for a 4-day weekend trip to the Napa Valley and northern CA coast so it'll be seeing plenty of activity - and quickly. And, yes, if you have any doubts I'm psyched! I've wanted this lens since I got the 1DM2N and if it's as good as I think this will be my primary walk-around lens. Pictures coming soon!

Have a great Thanksgiving and holiday weekend everyone!

Jack
    Jack

• photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    It's here! It's here! 24-105 "L"
    So it seems. My delivery date from Amazon is "holding" at Dec 15th.
    Oddly, it's flagged as "delivery guaranteed by Dec 23rd" ... I don't know if that's really true or is just "boilerplate" text that doesn't necessarily apply to this item (considering that the delays have been beyond Amazon's control).
    Mine just arrived (from Amazon) THIS MORNING, 12/01. Can't wait to play with it :D.

= Dave
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

edited January 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    45240074-S.jpg

Sooo....last week, on Friday, I sent my 24-105L to Canon's Jamesburg NJ facility for the warranty repair. Just now, one week from when UPS picked it up, I have in my hands my lens.

Only it's NOT my lens. Canon sent me a brand new one iloveyou.gif wasn't that nice of them?