Options

Processing Image Thumbnail never goes away

13»

Comments

• Options
    roletterolette Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Ran into it again on my uploads this morning...

Jay
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    rolette wrote: »

Jay
    They are there after more than 1 hour?
  • Options
    roletterolette Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Not sure. Saw it, verified it was the same filename and deleted it.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    We love to listen. I won't add that because as far as I'm aware you're the only customer that pushes the limits of Win XP and SmugMug :D
    I'm probably not the only one, but I'm the only one that cares enough about SM to passionately let you know. iloveyou.gif Others would probably leave and find another solution that works. Remember that the feedback you're getting from the helpdesk and dgrin is probably 1/10th of the actual feedback out there. That's my experience anyways from running my own web site and even having free telephone support. ne_nau.gif
    Samir, there are specs and specs. Every day all day long there are pros and amateurs posting on Dgrin and other forums about what sort of Win or Mac machine should they use for their photo work - what will give them best performance for their workflow. Photography is so important to your business yet you're running 10year old underpowered stuff, I'm just surprised, that's all.
    If I had a post process, I agree that this wouldn't be an issue. But I rely on the super work that the guys at Bay Photo do to my originals before my customer gets the product, and it's been amazing.

A perfect example is someone last weekend with a Canon 50D and the EFS 18-135 that put their camera down to allow me to take a picture of them on my ancient Sony DSC-F828! And they wanted my shot because of a previous purchase! This is not just my photography skill, but the good work by SM and Bay Photo. And it's because of this that I can leverage older equipment and workflow until I can save enough money to get real equipment. If I was just doing photography, I'd already be making money hand over fist by now, but I'm building a business model that's never been done before and it's just starting to approach breakeven.

My goal is to actually to get out from behind the camera. It's fun, but I know there's more talented people out there that can benefit from working with me. And there's no reason in investing in this side of my business model if I plan to depreciate it.
    I suggest we call a standstill on this topic, after you get the last word if you want :D We both have plenty to do and we understand each other, I think?
    I can agree that we disagree on the subject as we both come from different points of view. Just keep in mind that more specific specs on hardware/memory/etc will help those that give up on SM without emailing the help desk. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2011
    rolette wrote: »

Jay
    Hmmm....I'll have to watch for this. headscratch.gif I've got a few batches coming up. I'll report back what I find. thumb.gif
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    Hmmm....I'll have to watch for this. headscratch.gif I've got a few batches coming up. I'll report back what I find. thumb.gif

It's bacK! I uploaded these yesterday, have quite a few in the gallery show processing image.. The images aren't there like last time.

http://www.phabulousphotos.com/BooneHighSchool2011-2012/JV-Football/Boone-Dr-Phillip-JV-Football/19445577_qTB3v9
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2011
    Yeah, I've noticed it too. :cry It was a real pain to deal with too.
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2011
    Erick L wrote: »
    I'd re-upload it and allow duplicates and see what happens. Could be this same problem or something different broken with videos. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2011
    I've just seen a 'processing image' that hasn't gone away. I re-uploaded the image again to the same gallery and it was up like normal. The 'processing image' one still seems to be stuck. Sounds like this issue from the past. Anyone else seeing this or should I write it off as a fluke? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    Samir, please include a link to the photo/video in question or email our helpdesk with a link:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2011
    Samir, please include a link to the photo/video in question or email our helpdesk with a link:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    I went to grab the gallery link to send it and noticed the image was there, so I guess it was just a fluke. clap.gif I'm not too worried about it since no one else posted saying they were having any issues. thumb.gif