Some Pin Up Fun... at least first attempt

2»

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Most recent:

The good: love it from the waist up, where it has that "utility dress" look of the war period. All she needs is the Rosie the Riveter headscarf thumb.gifAnd yay for Revlon Red lips!! clap.gif :giggle

The not so: Foot position, and soles of shoes. Women of that period were still being taught deportment, and so things like how they held their feet and hands - particularly in a posed shot! - were very proscribed and almost over-formally "elegant". Here, her right ankle is bent the wrong way (it's usually more "elegant" to hold the ankle/foot with the bend inwards rather than outwards) . I'm only guessing on this, but I think in a similar pose from the 40's the feet will be semi-parallel, the bottoms of the shoes will be turned away from camera, and the toes will be somewhat pointed with the ankles bent inwards (or one in and up against the calf to accentuate the curve of the lower leg).
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Hmmm ... 7 doesn't appeal to me (not for a pin-up photo) and in 8 she looks like she's advertising for a yoga class mwink.gif I'd tell her to try to look a bit more seductive (http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members2/526/680526/images/Pinup_Girl.jpg) ... in a fun way .. show a bit .. without showing too much.

And now ... please tell me you'll go find a real cool, old car and take some more photos with her next to it :D

iloveyou.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Oh man... that's some deep feedback. headscratch.gif I'm scratching my head trying to take all in and make sense of it. I'm not sure which photo you're referring to with the feet and hands. Is it the one where she's laying down? The feet and hands are a struggle for both of us. I keep forgetting to remind her to keep her toes pointed and the hands... if she doesn't know what to do with them, I get confused. I know that you should try not to show the backs of the hands but I forget sometimes. ne_nau.gif I will do some research on it, see what poses of the period did with the hands. I guess it's a good sign that the feedback is down to the micro level. Makes me think I got the macro-ingredients right. clap.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    I was referring to the shot in post #29 (I couldn't get it to display smaller even when I changed the code, so I didn't copy it into my reply.....)

ETA: Here's what I mean about the ankle (the ueberfamous Betty Grable picture) Note how she has her left ankle bent inwards toward the other leg.

And another one, in a very different (and more relevant) pose - again, the ankles are bent inward
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Hmm... do you mean like this?

DSC7062-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

My Smug Site
  • GaelGael Banned Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    I like the Coke one..
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    My favorite of the set is 8....not for pinup just because she looks great. My second favorite is the one where she is laying down with her feet up in the back. Judging as straight portraits, those are smokin.
    edited August 1, 2011
    Thanks Zoomer. You know... I'm actually digging this style. Not necessarily the retro props, hair, etc. but the lighting and processing.

Here's another. Just having some fun.

Kitchen-XL.jpg

My Smug Site
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    The dark outfit does not work in this kitchen setting for me. The costume (lets call it) helps to make the image as well as the subject coupled with the bkg. You might want to try the darker outfit with the black background then the skin would jump out as the lighter area.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    also in the kitchen shot, her left boob is more revelaed then her right boob..so my eye is drawn that way. I would suggest going back and revealing more of the right boob so my eyes wouldn't drift so much...haha
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com