Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS Mega-Challenge #13 (Frank Miller Style) CLOSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    Thanks for a real challenge, Sean! Frank Miller is a bit dark (themewise) so it was not easy for me to think about hitting the theme. I tend to want to shoot happy, pretty things. And then there were frames - I have had no practice with them, so I had to learn something new. And playing with PP was really fun.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Thanks for a real challenge, Sean! Frank Miller is a bit dark (themewise) so it was not easy for me to think about hitting the theme. I tend to want to shoot happy, pretty things. And then there were frames - I have had no practice with them, so I had to learn something new. And playing with PP was really fun.

I am happy that you had fun with it. I am a bit mystified why most people thought a visual style should encompass unhappy subject matter. But obviously not everyone felt that way clap.gif
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    I have never been able to take the themes seriously. :)
    Congrats to everyone for the wonderful entries, particularly those that had to learn new tools. I feel like a cheater putting my un-illustrated photos up.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    quark wrote: »
    I feel like a cheater putting my un-illustrated photos up.

Cheating? Far from it.
  • Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Yea this was the most difficult one for me by far. But I did explore deeper into elements than I had before and learned quite allot! In the end I really enjoyed the challenge!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Ditto. It was difficult for me as well because Miller's work just didn't appeal to me. And then there was the issue of finding something suitable to photograph. But I learned some new PS techniques in the process and that's always worthwhile. :D
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Wow - I just looked through all of the entries. I enlarged and studied each one to make my decision. You all did a fantastic job! I can't decide if I'm jealous or relieved that I wasn't in this one. I can't imagine the work that went into some of these. Impressive.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/