Options

smugmug down?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited October 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Seems to be. Attempts to display galleries time out for me.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    cmalanacmalana Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 14, 2005
    i have same problem...and people compaining that they can't see photos.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Looks like the team is especially busy hunting down problems this month.
    They hopefully get it under control soon.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    kvkphotokvkphoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 14, 2005
    cmalana wrote:
    i have same problem...and people compaining that they can't see photos.
    The same here. I have entered a competition and now my photo cannot be viewed!!! And I might be excluded from the competition!

This is not the first time!

Smugmug, do something!
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    My site looks okay, but I can't login. Hopefully that means they are on the track to fix it!!! mwink.gif

Thanks in advance.

Fred
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Just had a look and the site seems to be fine again.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Oh man...not again! What's up guys?
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    smugmug back up - themes deployment starting
    It seems this today's downtime was for smugmug to start deploying the much-anticipated themes. Only a couple are available right now, but the Halloween theme looks great on my site. Very classy - good job. Looking forward to more themes coming down the road.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    Glad you can see it, mine's still down...
  • Options
    gouldphotogouldphoto Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Ack
    Can see my gallery, can't login to my gallery umph.gif

Steve Gould
    http://www.gouldphoto.com
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Same here. I can still see everything, but am still unable to login.

Hope it will be back up soon. eek7.gif

Fred
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Ack, I was going to buy a print for the first time, and the "cart" appears to be down.
    Chris
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    sorry to say that I didn't experience this much/frequency of downtime with other photo sites. very much so not a good thing. and no advanced warning...tho this one was planned so we could have been told ahead of time. sure doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    Ummm...anybody know what is going on? Up, down, up, down... headscratch.gif
  • Options
    tmanchestertmanchester Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    photodoug wrote:
    sorry to say that I didn't experience this much/frequency of downtime with other photo sites. very much so not a good thing. and no advanced warning...tho this one was planned so we could have been told ahead of time. sure doesn't work for me.
    I feel the same way, but when I voice that opinion, it is sometimes met with harsh criticism form the smugmug loyalists.

Look, this is the way I make my living. I need a dependable host--especially when I am paying them $100/yr + 15%! At the rate my orders ar tracking, I will be paying them well in to 4 figures this year.

I'm disappointed. This is my busy season (football), and I can't afford the perception that I'm unreliable.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    photodoug wrote:

some sites don't innovate as much as smugmug - i was in front of a bunch of reporters being interviewed at the exact time this thread was started :uhoh anyhow, it was all worth it thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    I feel the same way, but when I voice that opinion, it is sometimes met with harsh criticism form the smugmug loyalists.

Look, this is the way I make my living. I need a dependable host--especially when I am paying them $100/yr + 15%! At the rate my orders ar tracking, I will be paying them well in to 4 figures this year.

I'm disappointed. This is my busy season (football), and I can't afford the perception that I'm unreliable.

thanks for writing - i think, what the smugmug crew did earlier this week is really going to pay big dividends for all of us.
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005

yea, kitchens are hot.. and heat happens...they need to be able to take it. Both issues were not due to acts of god...so they shouldn't have happend. Simple to do the math. I'm not trying to be harsh...clear and concise. fluff is for the marketing department.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    photodoug wrote:
    fluff is for the marketing department.

we don't have one :D hey, i hear you, too, doug. thanks for letting us know exactly how it makes you feel - it really helps.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    Why is this down again?? Can anyone advise as to what is going on? When will it be back online fully?:cry
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    Why is this down again?? Can anyone advise as to what is going on? When will it be back online fully?:cry

very sorry for your troubles?

it's 10:38pm here in nyc (within a minute or so of your post), and the service is screaming along for me just fine..... can you please report exactly what you're experiencing? all smugmug sites are working fine as i can see....
  • Options
    iceman17iceman17 Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    I can log in but I get lots of red x on my thumbs...icene_nau.gif
    I took a picture once
    but they made me give it back.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 14, 2005
    Andy - I'm getting "Photo Not Found" in the tail end of my "Other" galleries so something is going on - The images were there earlier this afternoon. This is kind of like what happened to me the other day too.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2005
    ne_nau.gif

i'm clickin away on loads of different smugmug sites here guys. wierd.
  • Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 14, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    I am not seeing any problems here, nor am I getting help email about it. What exactly are you seeing?
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Andy - I'm getting "Photo Not Found" in the tail end of my "Other" galleries so something is going on - The images were there earlier this afternoon. This is kind of like what happened to me the other day too.

Earlier today I was getting "Photo not found" when others were reporting it was OK. It occurred to me to try emptying the browser cache...then it was fine. So try that. I guess the browser was hanging on to the proxy images from when it was down.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    I just clicked page three of one gallery and getting only half of the thumbs, rest show text. Reload pops in few more but two still missing.
    AL
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    LOVEphotosLOVEphotos Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2005
    Something is going on with Smugmug
    A lot of my galleries/photos are showing up with a ? mark in the box.

I'm having to manually click each photo/box that has ? ... to get the photo to load ... not good umph.gif

Something is going on!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited October 15, 2005
    Confirmed here too. Smugmug linked pics haven't been showing up here on the forums since 10:30pm Chicago time - an hour before this post.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Confirmed here too. Smugmug linked pics haven't been showing up here on the forums since 10:30pm Chicago time - an hour before this post.

I find that they won't load the first time, but load after a refresh, if that helps at all. Definitely broken, though.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2005
    Running just fine over 'ere. Tried lots of users albums to make sure.