Options

What's your 2nd body? Full Frame Or Not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    ^
    It blows my mind how people like you ask a question, and then get all their panties in a bunch because they don't like the answers.

my question is "What's your 2nd body? Full Frame Or Not? "

pretty clear isn't it?

the last reply here was this

"I hate brand arguments, so hadn't even opened this thread. But I'm shocked. You must be putting us all on. Everyone whose shot 50 plus weddings has had at least one disaster with camera failure, it's a given. You are long overdue for a disaster, and need a backup before your next wedding. "

did he answer my question? yes or no?
  • Options
    there's an announcement (Canon) today and I'll see if they'll announce 5D3, if not, I'll go ahead with 5D2 as it's really dropped on price. $1999 here in Toronto. BH and Adorama still has it listed for $2499
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    you completely missed my point..
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Foques wrote: »
    you completely missed my point..

as you did mine
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    lol.
    Well.. I am wasting my time here, clearly. as well as anyone who actually tries to help you.
    be well.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    In an attempt to answer your question (and save you 15% by switching to progressive since geico is FREAKIN' ridiculous in the price department mwink.gif), let me just say this:

If you decide to make your second body a Full Frame to match your current 5DII, I have nothing else to say. (Why WOULDN'T you want two of the same body?) clap.gif

If you decide to go crop, be aware that when you're shooting the wedding, you'll now have to compensate for the second body with an equivalent focal length. Which seems weird to me. So if you have your 70-200 on your FF and 24-70 on your crop, you've essentially got a 36-135 and a 70-200 which creates a lot of unnecessary overlap. Just food for thought. headscratch.gif

I say, buy the same model you have and avoid that ^^ whole situation. :D

Oh... and have you thought about that fact that shooting without a second body is potentially harmful to your health and your business as a photographer!? rolleyes1.gif

EDIT: (my second body, which I'm buying very soon, will be a matching D7000. I think that answers your question more directly lol)

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    In an attempt to answer your question (and save you 15% by switching to progressive since geico is FREAKIN' ridiculous in the price department mwink.gif), let me just say this:

If you decide to make your second body a Full Frame to match your current 5DII, I have nothing else to say. (Why WOULDN'T you want two of the same body?) clap.gif

If you decide to go crop, be aware that when you're shooting the wedding, you'll now have to compensate for the second body with an equivalent focal length. Which seems weird to me. So if you have your 70-200 on your FF and 24-70 on your crop, you've essentially got a 36-135 and a 70-200 which creates a lot of unnecessary overlap. Just food for thought. headscratch.gif

I say, buy the same model you have and avoid that ^^ whole situation. :D

Oh... and have you thought about that fact that shooting without a second body is potentially harmful to your health and your business as a photographer!? rolleyes1.gif

EDIT: (my second body, which I'm buying very soon, will be a matching D7000. I think that answers your question more directly lol)

thanks, I have decided to go for 5d2... like for like :)
  • Options
    rhommel wrote: »
    thanks, I have decided to go for 5d2... like for like :)

Someone already posted it but help with consistency of your pictures :D

• Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2011
    I am asked to shoot low budget weddings once in a while (as a wedding gift) for friends. When I do, I bring my Panasonic Lumix LX-5 P&S and my sisters D60 kit. I also keep my cellphone on me. Anything I can use as a backup is game for me, but I hope never to have to resort to those backup gear.
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2011
    purchased another 5D2 and another 580ex2 over the weekend. Thank you for all the suggestions.
  • Options
    purchased another 5D2 and another 580ex2 over the weekend. Thank you for all the suggestions.

Awesome. Now you can do a dyptic of the cameras taking pictures of each other!

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins

That reminds me I should buy another 580 ex ii.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com