Options

Unhappy Engagement Session

KazersKazers Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 23, 2012 in Weddings
Hello,

I am an amateur photographer, and I recently did an engagement shoot for a friend of a friend. If they were happy with them they would then choose me to photograph their wedding next year. The pictures I took I was so happy with, and I felt like it showcased my style and eye for photography. After editing, and sending the disc of pictures to the couple she called me a few days later explaining to me that a handful of them were blurred, but she liked my style. So naturally I went back and looked at the pictures and I did include 2 photos that were slightly out of focus that I should not have included in their disc, but the rest were beautiful. I then looked at a couple more of the pictures, and noticed there was sun flare in 2 of them, but that was on purpose for a dreamy sort of effect, and perhaps she mistook them as blurred? They then decided if this was going to be the case that they were blurred she didn't want to use me for her wedding next year. I am a bit taken back by this, because I thought my photos were great. They were a laid back couple, they had no outfit changes, it was in a state park areaand brought their dog to the shoot, so we actually had a lot of fun taking them. I am not sure how to take this critique from her. I understand that I shouldn't have included the blurred images, but she had 55 others to chose from. Should I be discouraged? How do you avoid the details that were on purpose to create an effect that isn't understood by someone who isn't a photographer??

Thank you,
Kazers

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Pictures or it didn't happen. mwink.gif

You, and all of us photographers will be bound to find a client/couple/person/helicopter-mom (Angie knows this little story ... rolleyes1.gifof mine) that will hire you, but then end up not liking the work.

Couple things:
    Do you have a contract?
    Did you get paid to do this?

All in all, don't get discouraged. Learn from it.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    REPLY: @ Moogle Pepper
    Pictures or it didn't happen. mwink.gif

You, and all of us photographers will be bound to find a client/couple/person/helicopter-mom (Angie knows this little story ... rolleyes1.gifof mine) that will hire you, but then end up not liking the work.

Couple things:
    Do you have a contract?
    Did you get paid to do this?

All in all, don't get discouraged. Learn from it.

I did give them a contract that they were supposed to sign, but never brought it. I think they thought it was for the wedding if they hired me. Also I didn't ask for fee up front because it was sort of a favor, but they gave me $40 tip for meeting them, and they said for gas money :/ it was kind of a wash.
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    There is a LOT to address here, perhaps more than I have time to right now ;)

1. Did you have anything to show them before the shoot, as in "your photos will look like this?" If yes, did the photos meet the same standard?

2. Is this something that can be massaged into place? Can you smooth things over with them? Do you want to? Get to the heart of what exactly they do bot like.

3. Just because you have a personal/emotional/creative attachment to the photographs does not mean that they are good/great/etc.

4. As Ted asked, did you have a contract in place?

5. For whatever reason, they are not happy. Bail out now! Be happy that you will not shoot their wedding and have them unhappy with wedding photographs (which can not be replaced).

If I had to guess, and i will because this is not an uncommon story... You offered to do the shoot for next to nothing hoping they would hire you for their wedding. You have not shot a lot of weddings of engagement sessions, and wanted to use the opportunity to jump into them. You sold them in the idea that you could deliver. You did your homework, did the best you could, but the results may not look like the professional experienced photographer that the couple has seen in bridal magazines. Now they are starting to rethink their trust level in you before their wedding.

Moral of the story, master your craft.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011

1. Did you have anything to show them before the shoot, as in "your photos will look like this?" If yes, did the photos meet the same standard?

2. Is this something that can be massaged into place? Can you smooth things over with them? Do you want to? Get to the heart of what exactly they do bot like.

3. Just because you have a personal/emotional/creative attachment to the photographs does not mean that they are good/great/etc.

5. For whatever reason, they are not happy. Bail out now! Be happy that you will not shoot their wedding and have them unhappy with wedding photographs (which can not be replaced).

If I had to guess, and i will because this is not an uncommon story... You offered to do the shoot for next to nothing hoping they would hire you for their wedding. You have not shot a lot of weddings of engagement sessions, and wanted to use the opportunity to jump into them. You sold them in the idea that you could deliver. You did your homework, did the best you could, but the results may not look like the professional experienced photographer that the couple has seen in bridal magazines. Now they are starting to rethink their trust level in you before their wedding.

Thank you, for your advice. I will continue to master my craft, and become better with time and practice. You are correct that they were some of my first clients, but I have been taking photographs for quite awhile now. Just wanted to start jumping into the business aspect of things recently. I have always had the philosophy with my pictures that do it because I love it first of all and never just for the money.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011

Also yes they did see my work prior to the shoot, and they enjoyed my style.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011
    Part of being in this business, is the ability to smooth situations out, like this, on the fly. Are these images different from the work they seen?

Anyway, can we see the images in question?
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Kazers wrote: »
    Thank you, for your advice. I will continue to master my craft, and become better with time and practice. You are correct that they were some of my first clients, but I have been taking photographs for quite awhile now. Just wanted to start jumping into the business aspect of things recently. I have always had the philosophy with my pictures that do it because I love it first of all and never just for the money.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but if you are doing it for the love of photography do NOT get into the business of photography. Running a photography studio is 90% business and 10% photography. If you are not in love with the business side of things, you will get burned (out), taken advantage of, etc. I firmly believe that if your passion is in pictures, why not just take pictures? Why get buried in everything else?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Please do not take this the wrong way, but if you are doing it for the love of photography do NOT get into the business of photography. Running a photography studio is 90% business and 10% photography. If you are not in love with the business side of things, you will get burned (out), taken advantage of, etc. I firmly believe that if your passion is in pictures, why not just take pictures? Why get buried in everything else?

Well said... Oh for a life without the mother of the bride, haha!

Also, probably 98% of my clients already had their engagement photos done by someone just like you... a family friend... just starting out, not charging. They love my photos and totally invest in them on the wedding day, but they'll take advantage of someone's free work for their engagement set any day. Why not? It doesn't cost them anything or very little. They know engagement sessions can always be reshot if they don't turn out. The fact that your clients didn't even bring clothing changes might clue you in that they didn't invest a whole lot of thought or planning into the set because they knew that you were new. There is a very good chance they never intended to hire you for their wedding day photos.

My advice: Grow your portfolio. Grow your skills. Practice practice practice. When you start kicking out photos that wow people, I can guarantee you'll get some more work. Paying work.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2011

Also, probably 98% of my clients already had their engagement photos done by someone just like you... a family friend... just starting out, not charging. They love my photos and totally invest in them on the wedding day, but they'll take advantage of someone's free work for their engagement set any day. Why not? It doesn't cost them anything or very little. They know engagement sessions can always be reshot if they don't turn out. The fact that your clients didn't even bring clothing changes might clue you in that they didn't invest a whole lot of thought or planning into the set because they knew that you were new. There is a very good chance they never intended to hire you for their wedding day photos.

My advice: Grow your portfolio. Grow your skills. Practice practice practice. When you start kicking out photos that wow people, I can guarantee you'll get some more work. Paying work.

Heather,

While I do agree with you that there is a huge business aspect in this line of work, but where would any photographer be without actually having a love first for photography?? I am building a business, and yes I do need to Master my Craft, but there is nothing wrong with dabbling in the business side of things to start out. I come from a family of entrepreneurs, and I was never taught anything less than to go for my dreams. This is my dream to become a photographer, and own a photography business. That is in the future still, but I am currently working towards that by taking pictures and getting the practice that is key to getting better. I am taking business classes at the moment so that one day I can be prepared for the "business side" of thing.

Thank you,

Thank you,
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Just a suggestion, how about offering them another session? this time, maybe what you can do is sit down with them first and discuss which photos they didn't like (and why) and have them choose which ones they really like. After that, you stick to the 'style' that they prefer, then maybe they'll change their minds :)

if not, then I would also suggest this:
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    I think my comment might have come off a bit more pointy than I intended.

Absolutely... enjoy what you do. Photography is Art. Photography can be a business. It takes a long time to grow your art until it can support a business.... but it can be done! You can get there, but don't have unrealistic expectations that you can skip all the practice and portfolio building time and jump into the place that has taken others years and years to step into. Are your time and skills valuable enough to enough to charge for it? If you don't think so, then neither will your client unless you can point to a very nice portfolio of paid work.
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Is there a link to your gallery? It might not be a bad idea to have some "seasoned eyes" give the pics a look to see what they might suggest.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Surfdog wrote: »
    Is there a link to your gallery? It might not be a bad idea to have some "seasoned eyes" give the pics a look to see what they might suggest.

Agreed, post the gallery so we can help you improve.
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited October 21, 2011
    When you shoot for free, you get what you pay for: and this *actually* applies to the type of clients you get. In my experience, the less a client pays, the more they're willing to critique you. Because you're free, they'll think they can do better than you, and that they have an unlimited pool of hours from you to re-edit. Free doesn't inspire confidence AND fosters some pretty abusive behavior. So... hope you won't take any more free gigs, because you'll most likely get more free type clients. Think about it: if you pay a fortune for something, it's because you believe in its value, and you'll cherish it, love it, be proud of it (whatever it is).
    Now as to the photos: we would all love to see them because we'd love to give you constructive criticism and possibly help on the taking or editing side of things. Up to you whether or not you're comfortable with that, but I think it'd be much more productive and constructive - remember, we've all been there :D
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2011
    Images
    Here are some of the images...
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2011
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2011
    Next...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    rhommel wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, how about offering them another session? this time, maybe what you can do is sit down with them first and discuss which photos they didn't like (and why) and have them choose which ones they really like. After that, you stick to the 'style' that they prefer, then maybe they'll change their minds :)

if not, then I would also suggest this: [Quote:
    Originally Posted by tenoverthenose ]

This is very good advice....I also believe that if you are in the Business of Photography strictly for the money and not because photography is your Passion, then do not do it ... It shows in the images you take.....It is an art form and I do believe you have a real passion for it.....at least that is the feeling I get from your posts......

If your portfolio did not show any lens flare images that may be what turned them off from them, talk to them give a re-shoot and learn from it....also in the future... 1 - do not give a free cd of images that are not paid for ... 2- even tho you are just starting out get a price sheet published...printed, and price your work no less than 75% of the going price in your area, so that you can say....as a favor I am discounting this shoot because it is to build my port with some fresh new IDEAS and I will be shooting some experimental stuff and I want your honest opinion...how ever I will shoot plenty of images for you to chose from in case the experimental shots do not work.... 3 - do not tell them you are very new to this, as you said you have been taking photos for awhile, so you are not new to cameras and photography...just the business of it..... and 4 - as stated before there are people looking for a freebie shoot all the time.....If you love the images you took post them on your website put them into your port, mark them as experimental...someone will LOVE them and ask for ones like that ... ...

Good Luck.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 22, 2011
    The first image you posted is probably the better of the three. In it you definitely see the intimacy between the two. It's just a tad dark on the couple, where it needs to be lit.

The other two aren't really working as engagement session images. The one with dog could be better, if you didn't chop off one of the legs and shot a little wider. I am not sure if the dog helps with the scene where the dog is.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2011
    Heather,

While I do agree with you that there is a huge business aspect in this line of work, but where would any photographer be without actually having a love first for photography?? I am building a business, and yes I do need to Master my Craft, but there is nothing wrong with dabbling in the business side of things to start out. I come from a family of entrepreneurs, and I was never taught anything less than to go for my dreams. This is my dream to become a photographer, and own a photography business. That is in the future still, but I am currently working towards that by taking pictures and getting the practice that is key to getting better. I am taking business classes at the moment so that one day I can be prepared for the "business side" of thing.

Thank you,

Thank you,
    The business classes will be a great help, indeed.

However at present I would definitely still warn against taking lightly the relationship between business and art, or the "dabbling" as it were.

I warn only because I was the same way. I pursued my passion of photography, and "dabbled" in the business. Then when I thought I was ready to "make my hobby pay my bills", I failed miserably and almost ruined my life. Thankfully now I get to be a full-time photographer, but ONLY because I've joined forces with others who have a far better grasp of business tactics etc.

Sometimes I think to myself, "if anyone is a good example of being a great photographer but still failing at business, it's me" ...but, I'll let others be the judge of my images!

Anyways, my point is that you should just be careful. Consider your professional and artistic goals. Give yourself a time-table for reaching those goals. And, in situations like this with clients who are unhappy or have second thoughts, I would first and foremost recommend- just practice being professional about it. If you feel that their reaction to your images isn't right, then maybe ask them to consider a re-shoot even if they're still certain they would like to hire someone else for the wedding. And, I hate to say it, but once you are ready to get truly serious about shooting professionally, I think that hands-down the best advice I can give you here is, (and I think that others here will agree) ...get a business coach or CPA, and don't trust what you read in internet communities. I don't mean to down-play the great advice that can be found here in this forum, but I think that everyone will agree with me when I say that if your goal is to be a professional, real-world business help is the #1 thing you can do for yourself. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011
    Only three images...how are we supposed to judge your skill...or comment on your plight, if you only give us such a small sample. One of which is a shot of their backs.

If you really want serious comments...show us your work.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2011

Lots of good stuff here...+1
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Only three images...how are we supposed to judge your skill...or comment on your plight, if you only give us such a small sample. One of which is a shot of thier backs.

If you really want serious comments...show us your work.
    I don't think this topic is about judging anyone's skill, so much as answering the question and giving insight on how to handle unhappiness in general as a professional. Unless of course Kazers is interested in the feedback, in which case he'll ask for it. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    I think where you may have fallen down is trying too hard to give them photos and failed at giving them a memorable experience.

I learned long ago that the clients will be happy or not with the pics before you even show them to them based on how YOU come across at the shoot. Give them a good time, act the clown, get into their heads and find out what THEY want, not just what you think is wonderful, and they will be happy.

Make it all matter of fact, boring, have no personality and the pics can be award winners and they will be so so at best and complaining at worst. What they probably won't teach you in sales school but ought to spend the entire first lesson on it is people buy the person, the product and the price... In that order!

If you ever want proof of this, you should see my mate in action. Sells over $2M worth of computer data recovery services a year, is the company's top producer, barely knows how to turn on a PC and loads a premium onto every deal he puts together. these are international companies he's selling to and they sure as heck are not buying his product knowledge or competitive pricing!
    He has a natural knack with people that they just like him and he can say things that other people would either cop a smack in the head for or have them laughed out of wherever he was but he can say things and people love him for it.
    He credits me with his success as I was the one that taught him sales but i know it's not his sales skills that get him where he is, It's just his personality.

The one thing he did learn from me was the give them a good time thing.
    As such he NEVER see's people in the office, it's always over coffee, a meal or a beer or 10 at the pub.

I always question anyone I shoot as to what it is THEY want. Most of the time they don't know so I offer suggestions on what I have decided to do anyway. 99% of the time they want something " Different" which is exactly what the last 100 clients said and I deliver the same style of images and they love it. I also include them a lot and get them excited. I show them the pics on the back of the camera, poke fun at them for the benefit of the other ( What?? He only bought you a 1 carat, $10,000 ring??? You should get rid of a cheap ass like that and get someone that will spoil you a bit!) I poke fun at myself and most importantly, make them laugh.

I don't know how many people would admit it but over the years I have done some ordinary jobs for whatever reason and whatever fault I had. I have yet to have a couple that were dissapointed or not hanging to see the pics. i'm not a particularly outgoing person in my private life but when i'm working, the game face goes on and i'm performing like an actor... or an idiot.
    My wife has been laughing at me for years how i can be flat as a tack, walk through the studio door and be larger than life then the minute the client(s) leave, I'm comatose again.
    It's just what the game requires for me.

It's not about the pics, it's not about the money. It's about a memory both of having the pics taken and the significance they hold. So many shooters get it wrong because they are too worried about producing the greatest pic ever taken and forget about the clients experience and what THEY are wanting.

They are never looking for the perfect pic but they are looking for the most meaningful ones to them and when you realize that and understand it to the point it's the controlling factor in every people pic you take without even thinking about it, then you will never have dissapointed clients again.

Oh, one other thing....
    When ever you make a mistake, point it out to the client, call it art and they will think your a legend! wings.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Hello,

I am an amateur photographer, and I recently did an engagement shoot for a friend of a friend. Ifthey were happy with them they would then choose me to photograph their wedding next year. The pictures I took I was so happy with, and I felt like it showcased my style and eye for photography. After editing, and sending the disc of pictures to the couple she called me a few days later explaining to me that a handful of them were blurred, but she liked my style. So naturally I went back and looked at the pictures and I did include 2 photos that were slightly out of focus that I should not have included in their disc, but the rest were beautiful. I then looked at a couple more of the pictures, and noticed there was sun flare in 2 of them, but that was on purpose for a dreamy sort of effect, and perhaps she mistook them as blurred? They then decided if this was going to be the case that they were blurred she didn't want to use me for her wedding next year. I am a bit taken back by this, because I thought my photos were great. They were a laid back couple, they had no outfit changes, it was in a state park areaand brought their dog to the shoot, so we actually had a lot of fun taking them. I am not sure how to take this critique from her. I understand that I shouldn't have included the blurred images, but she had 55 others to chose from. Should I be discouraged? How do you avoid the details that were on purpose to create an effect that isn't understood by someone who isn't a photographer??

Thank you,
    Kazers

I highlighted the set-up words. If ....then. Basically you/they set you up with an expectation. That is why you're bothered by all of this. You had the expectation of a different outcome.

As far as the Dabbling I read about in your posts. I think dabbling is a poor choice of words/direction. Portfolio building is better, sounds better and gives you a direction.
    tom wise
  • Options
    PupWebPupWeb Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    GLORTclap.gif super Good advice! I tell my clients I'm going to have fun, you will know I am smiling behind the camera in the pictures I take.
    Art, Tom and Heather and others great advice!clap.gif
    Kazer, don't beat yourself up too much, this is the business side of photography. Heather hit the nail on the head about your situation IMO. Definitely ask them what specifically they did not like Art said. It is important for you to charge for your services, people will value your photos more if they have money in them it is human nature. Below is a link to a great tutorial from Mark Wallace for Adorama about how to calculate how much to charge. This is the same formula that PPA recommends.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adoramaTV#p/c/7DE50CFC19370404/6/nDVTO7QDHgs
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Glort wrote: »

It's not about the pics, it's not about the money. It's about a memory both of having the pics taken and the significance they hold. So many shooters get it wrong because they are too worried about producing the greatest pic ever taken and forget about the clients experience and what THEY are wanting.

They are never looking for the perfect pic but they are looking for the most meaningful ones to them and when you realize that and understand it to the point it's the controlling factor in every people pic you take without even thinking about it, then you will never have dissapointed clients again.

Agree with the above.
    If the client is happy with their experience and you captured the story of the day, they will find reasons to love the photos. If the client is not happy with their experience they will find reasons to not be happy with the photos.

Look for and anticipate the relationships and the emotions of the day. Capture the story.

If the client enjoyed working with you and the "experience", the photos only have to be good enough. Of course everyone should strive to be much better than "good enough".
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Glort wrote: »
    I think where you may have fallen down is trying too hard to give them photos and failed at giving them a memorable experience.

I learned long ago that the clients will be happy or not with the pics before you even show them to them based on how YOU come across at the shoot. Give them a good time, act the clown, get into their heads and find out what THEY want, not just what you think is wonderful, and they will be happy.

Make it all matter of fact, boring, have no personality and the pics can be award winners and they will be so so at best and complaining at worst. What they probably won't teach you in sales school but ought to spend the entire first lesson on it is people buy the person, the product and the price... In that order!

If you ever want proof of this, you should see my mate in action. Sells over $2M worth of computer data recovery services a year, is the company's top producer, barely knows how to turn on a PC and loads a premium onto every deal he puts together. these are international companies he's selling to and they sure as heck are not buying his product knowledge or competitive pricing!
    He has a natural knack with people that they just like him and he can say things that other people would either cop a smack in the head for or have them laughed out of wherever he was but he can say things and people love him for it.
    He credits me with his success as I was the one that taught him sales but i know it's not his sales skills that get him where he is, It's just his personality.

The one thing he did learn from me was the give them a good time thing.
    As such he NEVER see's people in the office, it's always over coffee, a meal or a beer or 10 at the pub.

I always question anyone I shoot as to what it is THEY want. Most of the time they don't know so I offer suggestions on what I have decided to do anyway. 99% of the time they want something " Different" which is exactly what the last 100 clients said and I deliver the same style of images and they love it. I also include them a lot and get them excited. I show them the pics on the back of the camera, poke fun at them for the benefit of the other ( What?? He only bought you a 1 carat, $10,000 ring??? You should get rid of a cheap ass like that and get someone that will spoil you a bit!) I poke fun at myself and most importantly, make them laugh.

I don't know how many people would admit it but over the years I have done some ordinary jobs for whatever reason and whatever fault I had. I have yet to have a couple that were dissapointed or not hanging to see the pics. i'm not a particularly outgoing person in my private life but when i'm working, the game face goes on and i'm performing like an actor... or an idiot.
    My wife has been laughing at me for years how i can be flat as a tack, walk through the studio door and be larger than life then the minute the client(s) leave, I'm comatose again.
    It's just what the game requires for me.

Oh, one other thing....
    When ever you make a mistake, point it out to the client, call it art and they will think your a legend! wings.gif

i've always been a bit of a goof on or off the job but I never thought of it this way. I will certainly keep this in mind! thumb.gif Thanks!
  • Options
    rpavichrpavich Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2011
    I'm not a photographer, I'm a noob but I'd like to comment from the consumer end of this.

I would agree 100% with the post about linking the "good time" feelings with the resulting images.

When people see a picture, their mind links it to the time that they had while shooting it...it's unconsious...we do it all of the time...negative feelings or positive feelings....we do that linking.

I'm just a consumer of things and I can say that this approach has worked on me. :)

In any case....don't get discouraged...