Visitor View?

dwjantzdwjantz Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited March 12, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My site has me in Visitor View since yesterday afternoon. I can't edit or do anything

Comments

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    If you're stuck in the visitor view, first go to www.smugmug.com and make sure you're logged in. If you see the login link at the top of your page, click it and login. Also, since you use a custom domain name, the first time you access your custom domain after logging in, you will appear as a visitor. Simply click the refresh button in your browser while viewing your homepage, and that should show you in the owner view.

If all else fails, try clearing your browser cookies and then try logging in and clicking refresh on your homepage one more time.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • dwjantzdwjantz Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    Had just done that. I actually was logged in and had to log out and log in again. lol. That has never happened before! Oh well!
    edited December 12, 2011
    Well, this is getting irritating. About every other time I go to my site I have to logout of Smugmug then back in to get my controls back. In a year I have never had to do this before.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2011
    dwjantz wrote: »
    Well, this is getting irritating. About every other time I go to my site I have to logout of Smugmug then back in to get my controls back. In a year I have never had to do this before.

What browser? What are your cookie settings? ear.gif
    edited December 12, 2011
    On a MacBook Pro, I have done all the cache and cookie stuff. More than once. Like I said, this hasn't happened before in a year. No problems on any other site. It actually didn't start until after the site maintenance last week. Very strange.
    edited December 12, 2011
    On a MacBook Pro, I have done all the cache and cookie stuff. More than once. Like I said, this hasn't happened before in a year. No problems on any other site. It actually didn't start until after the site maintenance last week. Very strange.

What Browser please? ear.gif
    What are your cookies settings, specifically and exactly - I need to see 'em thanks.
    edited December 12, 2011
    Safari of course. Mac lol. I have them on blocked from third party and advertisers, same as it has been since I got this laptop. I have changed no settings on anything. I did log out and delete ALL cookies then logged back in. We will see again
    edited December 12, 2011
    Be sure third party cookies are allowed - since you have a custom domain that's necessary.
    We love Macs - but there are three supported browsers, Safari, Firefox and Chrome, for Macs so I needed to know.
    edited December 12, 2011
    I know but I stick with Apple :) I have never had third party cookies enabled for 2 years. Why would that be different now?
    edited December 12, 2011
    I know but I stick with Apple :) I have never had third party cookies enabled for 2 years. Why would that be different now?

Not sure, but if you want to use SmugMug on your custom domain you must allow them.
    edited December 12, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Not sure, but if you want to use SmugMug on your custom domain you must allow them.

That's is what I don't get. I have had it up for a year and have never allowed them, it has worked great from day one
    edited December 19, 2011
    So, I tried it just to see, allowed third party. STILL the same problem, makes no difference. I have used my current cookie setting with my own domain name for an entire year and have never had this happen. I didn't have the problem until the last site maintenance, that is when I noticed it.
    edited December 19, 2011
    So, I tried it just to see, allowed third party. STILL the same problem, makes no difference. I have used my current cookie setting with my own domain name for an entire year and have never had this happen. I didn't have the problem until the last site maintenance, that is when I noticed it.

Interesting. I'm on Mac too, and I've been using FF for my primary browser. Just for kicks I went to Safari, reset it first (clearing everything)... then I went to smugmug.com and clicked login, logged in, then got to my site. There I clicked through to a gallery and I was fully logged in on my custom domain.

Please write us, nothing changed on the site recently, so we want to help figure out what's happening to you and get you going the way you were - thanks! http://help.smugmug.com
    edited December 19, 2011
    I have no clue lol. I have reset Safari 3 times, cleared cookies twice, allowed third party cookies, logged in and out several times to Smugmug, all with the same results. I goto my site, then always have to logout and back in then refresh my main page.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Hi Doug,

After logging in through www.smugmug.com it's normal that you're sent to your homepage as a visitor if you use a custom domain. Please follow Andy's suggestion to click through to a gallery for the login cookie to get transferred over to your custom domain.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited December 20, 2011
    OK, you guys aren't reading lol. I have had this site for almost a FULL YEAR. I have always stayed logged in to my site. I have had my custom domain for almost a FULL YEAR as well. EVERY TIME I have gone to my site all my tools have been there. I have never had to logout, login, etc. Until now. EVER. I can toggle back and forth between visitor and owner views as well, with owner view being up every time. I have NOT had this problem until I posted it here. So I know it isn't normal.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Did you try a different browser yet to see if the issue is limited to your Safari? You can get Firefox from:
    www.getfirefox.com
    or Chrome from:
    www.google.com/chrome

Maybe you can walk us through step by step on what you do and include screenshots of your whole browser screen along the way to illustrate what's happening. You can also contact us with those details at our HelpDesk directly:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited December 26, 2011
    We covered the browser question earlier. The screenshot will show you exactly what you see by going to my site. I will go to help desk next. It has become a pain to always log out and back in when I never had to before
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    We covered the browser question earlier. The screenshot will show you exactly what you see by going to my site. I will go to help desk next. It has become a pain to always log out and back in when I never had to before

Honestly I have been having this problem for the past 6 months with my custom domain. Windows or mac and 6 different browsers I have tried everything.
    edited December 26, 2011
    Honestly I have been having this problem for the past 6 months with my custom domain. Windows or mac and 6 different browsers I have tried everything.

Can you list the steps that recreate this problem for you so that we might assist? ear.gif
    edited December 26, 2011
    Can you list the steps that recreate this problem for you so that we might assist? ear.gif

I regularly use Chrome for Mac and Windows at work and at Home. I have not tied my FB account to my Smugmug account. The main thing it does appears to be you browse to a gallery, want to do something with it and you click login at the bottom of my page. I always click remember me and login, when I first login i takes me back to the main categories page, the when I click on the category I was in the controls go away. I cannot stay logged in. I have turned AD Block plus off on both sides for the site and even tried IE an FF on Windows, it won't stay logged in day to day. Never had an issue before, FB, GMail and all the other sites I use never log me out. This is the only one..

Thanks
    edited December 26, 2011
    I regularly use Chrome for Mac and Windows at work and at Home. I have not tied my FB account to my Smugmug account. The main thing it does appears to be you browse to a gallery, want to do something with it and you click login at the bottom of my page. I always click remember me and login, when I first login i takes me back to the main categories page, the when I click on the category I was in the controls go away. I cannot stay logged in. I have turned AD Block plus off on both sides for the site and even tried IE an FF on Windows, it won't stay logged in day to day. Never had an issue before, FB, GMail and all the other sites I use never log me out. This is the only one..

Thanks

I will have someone get in touch with you. This behavior is not normal. Thanks.
    edited December 26, 2011
    I will have someone get in touch with you. This behavior is not normal. Thanks.

Thank you!! I will do whatever I can to help..
    edited December 27, 2011

Yep. I have never had it until the last 3 weeks or so. And I have the EXACT same settings I have had since I got my domain.
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2012
    This sounds like it's probably some sort of cookie issue. I'd clear all cookies and see if anything changes.

One way to see if it's an individual computer or something more is to try it on a completely different computer and browser. This will eliminate or confirm if it's an issue at SM.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
    edited January 3, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    This sounds like it's probably some sort of cookie issue. I'd clear all cookies and see if anything changes.

One way to see if it's an individual computer or something more is to try it on a completely different computer and browser. This will eliminate or confirm if it's an issue at SM.

We have covered all these in the comments above
    edited January 3, 2012
    We have covered all these in the comments above
    Sorry about that! I thought I read the entire thread, but must have missed something. Hope everything is fixed and working properly. thumb.gif
    edited January 29, 2012
    Sorry about that! I thought I read the entire thread, but must have missed something. Hope everything is fixed and working properly. thumb.gif

I have emailed Sean and still have the problem, the keep me logged in does not work. If I close my browser and reopen it I have to log in. The worst part is if I navigate down to a gallery in a category and have to log in I get bounced to my home page not the page I was on. It is really getting annoying..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, three different machines all act the same..
    edited January 30, 2012
    Well, if it's on all the computers, are they connected to the same Internet connection, and is there any type of filtering on that connection at the router level? I know my cisco rv016 can block cookies and javascripts at the router level.
    edited January 31, 2012
    Well, if it's on all the computers, are they connected to the same Internet connection, and is there any type of filtering on that connection at the router level? I know my cisco rv016 can block cookies and javascripts at the router level.

It does it no matter where I connect. If I close my browser it makes me login again. Even if the box is checked..