Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #94 (Angles or Shapes)CLOSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Meanfish. Joyce can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the submissions are supposed to be watermark-free.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 17, 2012
    ghinson wrote: »
    Meanfish. Joyce can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the submissions are supposed to be watermark-free.
    You are correct Greg. The rule is as follows...

8. Watermarks: Photos may not exhibit branding or watermarks. However, a small signature and copyright at the bottom of the image are encouraged.

I didn't really notice when I looked at his image. Hopefully Josh will see this and fix it before the deadline.
  • Options
    meanfishmeanfish Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    I will gladly remove the signature, but just for clarity, there is no watermark on the image. Is it the .com signature that's not right or is it too large?

Thanks for the help!
    Josh

JAG wrote: »
    You are correct Greg. The rule is as follows...

8. Watermarks: Photos may not exhibit branding or watermarks. However, a small signature and copyright at the bottom of the image are encouraged.

I didn't really notice when I looked at his image. Hopefully Josh will see this and fix it before the deadline.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 18, 2012
    Its been a while ago but I do believe there was a discussion on watermark vs signature at the very beginning of dss. It was basically said that a small signature (your name) with © is acceptable and anything that advertises our business or website (branding) is considered a watermark. The size was fine. Thanks for understanding.

• Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    First ever submission! It is below 0F out today, I needed a project. lol3.gif

Can someone with experience confirm that it is within DSS parameters? I clicked the 'info' button and the exif appears intact.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    Grainbelt wrote: »
    First ever submission! It is below 0F out today, I needed a project. lol3.gif

Can someone with experience confirm that it is within DSS parameters? I clicked the 'info' button and the exif appears intact.

Looks like all is well! Welcome to DSS.
  • Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    sherstone wrote: »
    Looks like all is well! Welcome to DSS.

Excellent, and thank you! Trying to develop better vision, now that I can usually get my camera and workflow to do what I want. The base concepts for images still elude me too often. Hoping this drives some creativity, I've been in a rut.