Options

Entry Thread DSS #96 (Vanishing Point(s))

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 21, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #96

Welcome to Round #96 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member.

It will run from Monday, February 6, 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, February 20, 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).
***** Please note the time change is one hour earlier than last challenge. ******

The topic ready for your interpretation: Vanishing Point(s)

It can be a one or two point vanishing points. To read up on vanishing points go to:

There are no editing restrictions in this round.

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!
To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules.

Comments

• Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Sweet!

I love these types of shots! I may have revisit and try again with my sidewalk from the angle/shapes challenge!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    CHANDLERJA wrote: »
    Sweet!

I love these types of shots! I may have revisit and try again with my sidewalk from the angle/shapes challenge!

Your sidewalk immediately came to mind when I saw this challenge. I'd go for it.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Ha - That's funny - it did me as well! GP
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    This is the type of stuff that I always look for when I'm out and about with the camera in hand, being an ex-draftsman and one-time wannabe architect. Really wish that I was back in Italy so that I could recreate one of my favorites of the photos (just a snapshot really) that I have taken over the years.

295268736_99NS7-M.jpg

Good luck everyone.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    WallydogWallydog Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 9, 2012
    Where o where
    Where are all the entries ????????????????????????
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    hmmm Will have to think about this one.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2012
    Wallydog wrote: »

They get entered in the gallery link above that looks like this DSS #96 Entry Gallery

Be sure you read the complete rules before entering. Those are also in the original post listed above. Your current entry you put in is not following all the rules and will be DQed.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Wallydog wrote: »

Welcome to the challenges, Wallydog! We'll all be along in a while. :D

I noticed two things about your entry, both of which will DQ it. The first is fixable. You need to change your name and title to the correct format (username - title). The dash is important. The other is not fixable. Your entry is too old. It must be taken during the challenge period. So go out and take another one! :D
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2012
    Going to Balboa Park tomorrow with my brand new T3i ... hopefully I come back with good stuff for this challenge! :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2012
    hope this one wasn't too tough for you all! We are almost a week into it and still no viable entries! The two in there now are outside the shooting time frame and are going to be dq'ed.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    hope this one wasn't too tough for you all! We are almost a week into it and still no viable entries! The two in there now are outside the shooting time frame and are going to be dq'ed.ne_nau.gif

I've been taking pictures and been trying to see if anything I have is ok ... was just going to post for C&C :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2012
    I've got a few from yesterday I'm working on. mwink.gif
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2012
    Here is some other inspiration, samples from around the net.

Subjects will help tell a story. Image1 Image2 Image 3

The subject does not have to be large, just get the camera closer. Image 4 Image 5 Image 6 Image 7

Hope to help get the creative juices flowing. thumb.gif
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited February 13, 2012
    Just moved my son and grandson into our home and may not have time to shoot anything for this challenge. Stopped by to see what's been happening here....
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2012
    My entry is lonely in the gallery .... it needs viable friends. I'm NEVER the first one... usually bringing up the rear. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Woot. And it's a good one.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2012
    ghinson wrote: »
    Woot. And it's a good one.

Thanks, Greg!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2012
    vanishing points..... cleaning cobwebs off camera bag.... now what do I do?headscratch.gif
    I was wondering where you had disappeared too! Nice to see you back Aaron!clap.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    I was wondering where you had disappeared too! Nice to see you back Aaron!clap.gif

Thanks Joyce! I've been very off-line at many levels.... here for some challenges!thumb.gif get my head striaght...kinda distract from some life...lol
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    vanishing points..... cleaning cobwebs off camera bag.... now what do I do?headscratch.gif

clap.gif
    Looking forward to it! I always love your entries.
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    I thought I had a nice creative entry last week, but it was a composite and the original images had "vanished"! I've been trying like mad to recreate the shots, but so far the weather, my workload, and today my health have conspired against me ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    I might actually have one for a change.... just to do some cropping and color correction now.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    WTH!? Does nobody know how to read the Rules... All kinds of DQ's are going to happen.. O'well better for the rest!
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2012
    DeuceFour wrote: »
    WTH!? Does nobody know how to read the Rules... All kinds of DQ's are going to happen.. O'well better for the rest!

I KNOW!!! deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2012
    Hey Jag, since Rules are being brought up... I haven't up till now been in the habit of "signing" my photos... but I just set up light room to automatically put a "watermark" on my photos. Can you tell me if this would be within the DSS Challenge rules or does the word "photography" count as branding and would not be allowed? Here is an example...
    IMG1056-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2012
    Leave off the Photography and your ok. Its very clear that a signature is like signing your name. So the rules state 'small signature with a copyright' mark as being ok.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    So I have either entered or given the location of my secret lair. Good luck to all.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    I have thinned out the album of multiple pics by the same ppl. We still have some dq's in there so the playing field will be minimal unless we get an influx in the next 24 hours!eek7.gif
  • Options
    amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    my entry. I'm sure I broke one rule or another but reading is not my strong point. it was taken within the required dates.

DSC2687-L.jpg
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    rolleyes1.gif