Options

Camera Raw

2»

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Thank you cmason and arodney. I might change how I'm doing things.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Thank you cmason and arodney. I might change how I'm doing things.

FWIW: I save Photoshop work as PSDs, so that I can return to the project with edits, layers etc intact. For images that have significant merit, I will export a TIFF file, (JPEGs for posting to Smugmug,etc) so that I can offer a full res image for other purposes.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    cmason wrote: »
    FWIW: I save Photoshop work as PSDs, so that I can return to the project with edits, layers etc intact. For images that have significant merit, I will export a TIFF file, (JPEGs for posting to Smugmug,etc) so that I can offer a full res image for other purposes.

Nice to know someone does it like I do too. While I've never done TIFF's it's something I will remember to do if needed.

Thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    Again, expect for Duotone support, anything you can do with a PSD you can do with TIFF (at least a modern TIFF Adobe products save).

TIFF can use a ZIP compression for compression, PSD uses RLE which if you save without the Max compatibility will be a bit smaller, but at the risk of not being able to be used by other applications, like Lightroom.

TIFF can save everything a PSD can save including layers, paths, transparency, channels, annotations. TIFF and can support files sizes up to 4 gigs. TIFF can save all the color spaces PSD can save.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/