Options

conformance with EU cookie laws

13»

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what you or Allen means, please do post in the customizing forum where we can dive into more detail.
    If we can see the source html when the message is active it might give us a clue of what to look for in
    the CSS that might be hiding the message. You had mentioned that something in the customozation
    might be hiding it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Daniel UKDaniel UK Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Allen wrote: »
    If we can see the source html when the message is active it might give us a clue of what to look for in
    the CSS that might be hiding the message. You had mentioned that something in the customozation
    might be hiding it.

The Notification bar looks like this;

[HTML]<div id="messageHeader">
    <div class="messageClose" onclick="
    var messageHeader = YAHOO.util.Dom.get('messageHeader');
    messageHeader.parentNode.removeChild(messageHeader);
    var sUrl = '/rpc/setmessagebar.mg?type=EUCookie';
    var callback = {};
    YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback);">
    </div>
    <div class="messageIcon"></div><span style="line-height:24px;">FYI: This site uses cookies to make sure your visit is as awesome as possible.</span> <a class"headerMessageLink" target="_blank" href="http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93251">What and why?</a><div class="spacer"></div></div>[/HTML]
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Daniel UK wrote: »
    The Notification bar looks like this...
    I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue or not, but you are missing the = sign in this piece of HTML: class="headerMessageLink" in this section of your HTML:

[HTML]<a class="headerMessageLink" target="_blank" href="http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93251">What and why?</a>[/HTML]
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Allen wrote: »
    You had mentioned that something in the customozation
    might be hiding it.

But I was wrong :D Since another poster has seen the cookie message, and even posted a screen grab.
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    jfriend wrote: »
    I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue or not, but you are missing the = sign in this piece of HTML: class="headerMessageLink" in this section of your HTML:

[HTML]What and why?[/HTML]

Hi John, Allen and Daniel,
    I've started a new thread over in the customization forum in case other EU people are either not seeing their cookiebar or would like to know more about the code etc
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1797325#post1797325
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]