My first wedding, series of 12

2»

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Far to many people go the disposable, or amateur root - and not because they can't afford better. And they get what they pay for - a bunch of crappy photos that look as though they were taken by a gathering of drunks - which they were. :-)

And just as a point of clarrification - my wife and I probably spent even less on our wedding in 1971 than you spent on yours much more recently. Our 'reception' consisted of petite fours, cheap champagne, and coffee, served in the church reception room - very living room-like, following the 7 p.m. wedding. End of story. We did hire a Washington Post photographer to shoot the wedding and reception, and we have about a dozen 8x10s that look like 1960s news photos. I believe we paid him $150, which was the most expensive part of the affair. mwink.gif

Actually, I think it had more to do with the fact that people take pictures of things that are important to them 1st, and 2nd things they feel obligated to take pictures of. So people took pictures of their immediate family, my then-12-year-old BIL took pictures of the inside of his mouth, and his shoes. And everybody took pictures of the cake. rolleyes1.gif. A dedicated photographer would have likely been more focused on the event at hand than taking pictures of their relatives making funny faces.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Hey Mark,
    We spent more money and still had only the disposables!! i could kick my own butt.
    Though by NYC standards we got off on the lower end. Knew the owner of the restaurant. 120 people full sit down meals, open bar, dress, limo, cake, dj--and NO PHOTOGRAPHER! lol, oh I laugh now.

THank you. I'm glad you liked the shots.

I'd love to see some of your shots too from that day if you want to scan them into this thread.

I finally got around to scanning them this spring. The original prints we had weren't very good, and the negatives were starting to fade. :wow Yikes! I have them scanned but not retouched or uploaded yet.

At any rate my lesson was learned in time for me to make sure I had my 3 MEGApixel HP camera (ISO 50,100, 200 and 400-if-you're-desperate) for the birth of my son. thumb.gif.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited August 9, 2012
    Hi Richard!
    Did you see my brother? :)
    He is shooting weddings, portraits, all sorts of events and making money these days!
    He came a long way since you met him.
    Raul looks like he's having a good time. Glad to hear that he's doing well. Send him my regards. thumb.gif