Options

Disney World - What to Bring??

2»

Comments

• Options
    EvolvephotoEvolvephoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 9, 2013
    I brought my 16 mo. daughter to disney world last year and only brought a nikon p&s. Although we did get some nice "snapshots", I really regretted not having a "real" camera. We're going back this year in march and I'll be bringing a 5d3 with a 24-70 II and a 40 pancake. I'll also be bringing a small tripod and remote release for fireworks. I plan to keep the camera gear in the stroller when not using it. Now that she's a little older and knows many of the disney characters, I think there will be plenty of opportunity of wonderful photos that I don't want to miss. If we weren't traveling with a stroller, I think I might rethink my plan a bit. A m4/3 camera would probably be just the ticket in that case. Post some shots after your trip, i'm interested in what you will end up doing!
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2013
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Sorry, I completely forgot that the 5D3 is a full frame.

In that case, what you would need is a bit more expensive but an even better lens - the 28-300L.

You are on crack!!
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    Cosmo78Cosmo78 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2013
    I would just take the 24-70 alone into the parks, should suit you fine. If you had the 24-105, arguably would be even better as more reach and increased portability (lighter).
    Cheers,