Unexpected guest

2»

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Ghost or no-ghost... RAW file or not.... re-shoot or never.... I'm willing to wager my X-Files Decoder Ring that the OP got exactly what he wanted out of this thread.

OP... Troll much?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Unexpected guest
    Now here is your second photo. What happened to all that grass and other stuff that I circled in the first pic above? It dissapeared because you clearly shifted your shooting angle down by at least 2 feet. You're no longer shooting down on the scene, headstone. You're shooting from an angle just inches higher than the top of the headstone. Notice that the vertical space that shifted is exactly the size of the cement headstone or whatever that shows in the first pic that you claim "wasn't really there".

But I guess that just too simple of an explanation. What makes more sense of course, is that all of the area behind the Steg and Goetz headstones were not really there IRL and were actually ghostly apparitions.
    Good Afternoon Anonymouscuban,
    Again, thanks for your comments thumb.gif I went by the cemetery this afternoon, on ma way home from work. Didn't have my camera with me since it wasn't a planned trip, but I did have other business about 15 mins away. Anyway, as I said previously, I know I was in a different position on both shots. One standing, and one bent over, basically. Yes there is a difference, but I'm not arguing that point. When I returned to the grave site today, I noticed bushes behind the STEG headstone, with an unreadable headstone (covered by the bushes) between them. The distance between that headstone and the STEG headstone was 45' 7''. The distance between the STEG & GOETZ headstones was another 24' 3'', both measured with my 50' Stanley tape. I was probably another 15' or so from my aunt when I took the picture. So, from the last headstone (unreadable) to where I took the shot was about 85'. When you look at the picture, it looks like the partial headstone is directly behind the STEG headstone, and not almost 46' away. That's why I knew there was nothing directly behind it when I took the shot. As for the troll, he's only having fun. You were young once rolleyes1.gif Thanks again thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    ....... As for the troll, he's only having fun. You were young once rolleyes1.gif Thanks again thumb.gif
    Jim...

Fun - that was my point - if expressed inelegantly.
    Thank-you for your calm generosity Jim - peace, out.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Just a thought..., but perhaps if you spent less time measuring the distances between headstones and more time shooting, we might actually have something interesting to talk about.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
    edited February 21, 2013
    Unexpected guest
    Dreadnote wrote: »
    Just a thought..., but perhaps if you spent less time measuring the distances between headstones and more time shooting, we might actually have something interesting to talk about.
    Good Morning,
    If you take a look at the first picture I posted, it is interesting. It's only when you look at the original file that you see some lettering and realize there is a reasonable explanantion. The measuring was done to prove my point that nothing was directly behind the headstone when the picture was taken.
    Jim...
    edited February 21, 2013
    Unexpected guest
    Sam wrote: »
    Jim,

I would be interested in getting the RAW file for each of the images you posted. You can send the RAW files to a drop box, you send it, etc site and I can down load from there.

Al my contact info is on my website.

Folks, it ain't about believing in ghosts. It is about looking at what could cause the image abnormality. There is a bunch of TV shows with images showing supposed ghosts, but we can't get our hands on the original images for examination.

I like the opportunity to examine this image.

Sam

As for you Alex, I do understand your man crush, but ya gota get over it man. :D
    Morning Sam,
    You are correct about the abnormality. When you look at the first picture, it looks like something is right behind the headstone, and not almost 46' away. Upon viewing the original RAW file, you can clearly see partial lettering, and now part of the mystery is solved. I knew it wasn't right behind the STEG headstone when I took the picture, and having revisited the site, I confirmed it. 2D images can leave a lot to the imagination folks. Can't believe I wasted a whole minute on this rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifThanks again thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Morning Sam,
    You are correct about the abnormality. When you look at the first picture, it looks like something is right behind the headstone, and not almost 46' away. Upon viewing the original RAW file, you can clearly see partial lettering, and now part of the mystery is solved. I knew it wasn't right behind the STEG headstone when I took the picture, and having revisited the site, I confirmed it. 2D images can leave a lot to the imagination folks. Can't believe I wasted a whole minute on this rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifThanks again thumb.gif
    Jim...

No problem for me. :D
    edited February 21, 2013
    Unexpected guest
    Ok if you look at the first image there is a slightly yellow/green section of the bushes right about the HEADSTONE between the two bushes. Also look at the amount of the red colored headstone to the right of the STEG headstone. Now look at the second image you posted where its not there and you notice that the yellow/green section is now right above the STEG headstone and barely any of the red colored headstone is visible above the STEG headstone. It is two (slight as they may be) perspectives. Its a headstone and nothing else. Good lord I cant believe I even wasted 35 seconds typing this on this useless thread.
    Good Evening Dooginfif20,
    Thanks for your comments thumb.gif I apologize for you having to waste 35 seconds on this useless thread. I didn't realize that reading & writing about perspective, abnormalities and perception is considered useless, especially in a photography forum. Thanks for opening my eyes thumb.gif
    Have a good night :D
    Jim...