Best of 2012?

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 27, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
In the past we have had a thread for putting a link to a gallery with the "Best of 20__". This one is a little late but at least we will have one!

Lets see your best images of 2012 in one of your galleries! Post the link here!

Mine is HERE on my front page as always!

Comments

• FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    JAG wrote: »
    In the past we have had a thread for putting a link to a gallery with the "Best of 20__". This one is a little late but at least we will have one!

Very nice Joyce!
    Love the landscape with the red huts. And many others
    edited February 20, 2013
    Mine is here :

http://www.stillsthatmove.com/

Press the play button.
    Gallery with images from the montage is under 2013 Galleries.

***THANKYOU SEAN! Here's the link to the gallery. The montage is available there as well.

http://www.stillsthatmove.com/Category/2012-In-Review/27397253_zXQ3xh

Thanks for looking!
    P
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 20, 2013
    Froch wrote: »
    Mine is here :

http://www.stillsthatmove.com/

Press the play button.
    Gallery with images from the montage is under 2013 Galleries.

Thank you for looking and your comments here. I looked at yours too. I really like the "Come play in my yard" image as well as others in that album and other albums. The black and white dirty horse has a very bold and appealing crop! Love it!
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2013
    I started to put some together after the first of Jan. but got side tracked. I'll have to work on some. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
    edited February 21, 2013
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I started to put some together after the first of Jan. but got side tracked. I'll have to work on some. :)

I look forward to seeing them!
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    Great idea Joyce!
    I love the wide expansive shots on your slide show. My fav, is the first one with the birds flying into the sun.

Paul, I think something might be wrong with your link? Although you can still get to it via http://paulfrocchi.smugmug.com/ - I still love the LRRH series!

I am pretty sure both Froch and Joyce have already seen my video of my top 12 photos of 2012
    but here it is for everyone else in case you are at all interested.

2012 top 12
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2292673021_7DVxCxt?width=640&height=360&albumId=10586479&albumKey=ctmSrT"></iframe&gt;

Thanks for looking.
    edited February 22, 2013
    Really loved all of you guy's work. Just awesome. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some of mine put together since I took the day off of work. I hope you all don't mind if I share my slide show of shots I took in Joshua Tree this past weekend. I'm kinda proud of how it came out. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    edited February 22, 2013
    Thanks Sean! Yes I did see your movie and it inspired me to make some like that for some of my images too. Your work always inspires me!
    edited February 22, 2013
    We posted at the same time Pedalgirl. I am on my cell phone and it won't play the slideshows that you and Sean have posted here, but in the morning I will take a look on my big computer.
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2013
    Really loved all of you guy's work. Just awesome. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some of mine put together since I took the day off of work. I hope you all don't mind if I share my slide show of shots I took in Joshua Tree this past weekend. I'm kinda proud of how it came out. :)

Wow!! I love your processing. Do you use NIK?
    edited February 22, 2013
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Wow!! I love your processing. Do you use NIK?

Thanks! I don't have Nik. These were mainly processed in lightroom 4. A couple were taken into photoshop for a minor cleanup... but for the most part it was all lightroom.
    edited February 23, 2013
    wonderful stuff as usual Sean! Love the music.
    how did you post? animoto? or?
    edited February 23, 2013
    wonderful stuff as usual Sean! Love the music.
    how did you post? animoto? or?

Pro show. Thanks.
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2013
    Finally got around to posting some favorites from 2012. It was an odd year due to my new job and relocation to Santa Barbara. Most of my picks were taken in the first half of the year. A few come from my experimentation with stylized HDR. Take a look!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    edited February 24, 2013
    awesome work all! Sean your amazes me as always. Lisa it looked like you had so much fun shooting at Joshua Tree! Especially for that perfect shot for the last theme!

Bill, you have an awesome set of images there. I think my favorite is the San Diego city scape taken from the harbor! WOW! Kudos for all the work everyone!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2013
    After much work, here is my not so great version of my favorites of 2012. They aren't necessarily all great, but my favs for one reason or another.

Resolution at full screen is pixelated, so much better as small player.

Favs of 2012
    edited February 25, 2013
    Nice work Donna!

I really like the one at 1:15 and the flower at 1:50.
    Thanks for sharing.

Oh btw I fixed your link. mwink.gif
    edited February 26, 2013
    sherstone wrote: »
    Nice work Donna!

I really like the one at 1:15 and the flower at 1:50.
    Thanks for sharing.

Oh btw I fixed your link. mwink.gif

Thank you very much Sean. Yes, the flower is probably my second favorite of the year. My favorite is the one at about 3:00. I know it is a bit over the top HDR to some people, but I loved it from the moment it came together. I have it in a show right now and praying it will sell to help fund a trip this spring.:D I also have the flower in there, printed on metal through Bay Photo with prize money from a drgrin win. It turned out great!

Thanks for fixing the link! It was late and had been a long day at that point. No telling what I did. I should have checked it, but I guess I didn't.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2013
    http://katetaylor.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Best-of-2012/28186239_CV5CKP#!i=2383345608&k=KFCZ5hx

I didn't get out to shoot as much this past year, so am not too happy with myself. I'll need to make it more of a priority this year!
    Here are my favorites of 2012.

I'm blown away by the work of you all!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
    edited February 26, 2013
    Nice Kate!

For someone who says they didn't get out much, that is a wonderful happy collection!

Snow close up is cool, it's when they bunch together into piles that I have to dig cars out of that I dislike it.
    edited February 26, 2013
    Donna, you have a wonderful collection! I really love your happy dragonfly shot! His smile makes me smile!

Kate you also have some great images! Love the rocks on the beach and the pretty girl!
    edited February 26, 2013
    Thanks Joyce!

That dragonfly actually made it into the Finalist gallery for the National Wildlife Refuge Associations 2012 photo contest. Also the close up of the red shouldered hawk. That was a pretty exciting accomplishment for me. To be included just with some of the people I knew that also made the gallery was an amazing thing to me. It was especially great when I got to looking at all the other photos and the cameras used to take them. My little Canon SX40 competed with the big boy cameras and did ok. mwink.gif

the gallery is here: http://refugeassociation.org/people/finalists-gallery/
    just search for Niemann
    edited February 26, 2013
    I finally am taking time to go through everyone else's posts. I enjoyed looking through all of your collections!

JAG
    As always, wonderful. I especially enjoyed the landscapes. Such pretty country! Were they mostly Alaska or were some from travels elsewhere?

FROCH
    You always have some great viewpoints. I enjoy your work. I really like the Red Riding Hood photos. The processing is beautiful.

sherstone
    You make it very hard to pick a favorite. Just as I see one I like, then there is another I like just as much. The bridge with the city lights reflecting in the water is the one that I think stands out to me, maybe because I would love to get a chance to try that. Wonderful video too! I fought to get what I did. I guess that is something I need to work on.

PedalGirl
    Your Joshua Tree photos are gorgeous. Makes me really want to go there. The one of the guy on top of the rock still grabs me. Did I read somewhere that you didn't know him? I figured he was someone you knew. How nice of a stranger to give you such a great pose.

Billseye
    All very nice! I think the "Mission San Miguel de Archangel" is my favorite... or "Walt Disney Concert Hall Interior". I really am a HDR look person.

kdotaylor
    You really know how to make the most of your time if this is not shooting much. Love the lighthouses! (and the beach and the flowers... etc)
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2013
    JAG wrote: »

clap.gifVery nice Joyce - especially like the scenic red huts/houses, the sunset birds and the splashing fish.
    edited February 26, 2013
    Very nice Joyce!
    Love the landscape with the red huts. And many others

Fantastic work Paul...very inspirational. Especially like your L.A. River Banner image too. GP
    edited February 26, 2013
    sherstone wrote: »
    Great idea Joyce!
    I love the wide expansive shots on your slide show. My fav, is the first one with the birds flying into the sun.

Paul, I think something might be wrong with your link? Although you can still get to it via http://paulfrocchi.smugmug.com/ - I still love the LRRH series!

I am pretty sure both Froch and Joyce have already seen my video of my top 12 photos of 2012
    but here it is for everyone else in case you are at all interested.

2012 top 12

<iframe src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2292673021_7DVxCxt?width=640&height=360&albumId=10586479&albumKey=ctmSrT&quot; frameborder="0" height="360" scrolling="no" width="640"></iframe>

Thanks for looking.

Holy Cow! Just loved them all - what a variety too and beautifully presented. Great to see. Thanks, GP.
    edited February 26, 2013
    <iframe src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2372218781_tL56P2B?width=640&height=360&nohome&quot; frameborder="0" height="360" scrolling="no" width="640"></iframe>

Nice work Lisa and the music you picked was perfect too!
    edited February 26, 2013
    billseye wrote: »
    Finally got around to posting some favorites from 2012. It was an odd year due to my new job and relocation to Santa Barbara. Most of my picks were taken in the first half of the year. A few come from my experimentation with stylized HDR. Take a look!

Love your opening shot Bill of the rooster jumping! all images are terrific and enjoyable. thanks, GP
    edited February 26, 2013
    dnie wrote: »
    After much work, here is my not so great version of my favorites of 2012. They aren't necessarily all great, but my favs for one reason or another.

Resolution at full screen is pixelated, so much better as small player.

Favs of 2012

Thanks for sharing Donna - wonderful...especially enjoyed your animal shots : the cat, gorilla, egret and the textures of the duck. GP
    edited February 26, 2013
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    http://katetaylor.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Best-of-2012/28186239_CV5CKP#!i=2383345608&k=KFCZ5hx

I didn't get out to shoot as much this past year, so am not too happy with myself. I'll need to make it more of a priority this year!
    Here are my favorites of 2012.

I'm blown away by the work of you all!

Always love your flower shots and I especially like the lighthouse images. The one in the distance looks like a postcard. thanks, GP