Options

New Smugmug log in page

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited August 19, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Ya did it again Smugmug, changed a major page without any warning to anyone. :pissed

Major bug, my browser, Firefox, does not recognize the page as a password page so I have to type in
the PW every time, a MAJOR inconvenience as I help/admin five sites.
The drop also shows login names from other sites not Smugmug.

I cleared all my Smugmug cookies and retried and same result.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Ya did it again Smugmug, changed a major page without any warning to anyone. :pissed

Major bug, my browser, Firefox, does not recognize the page as a password page so I have to type in

Hi Allen,

Let me look into the Firefox issue today. I apologize you are experiencing this, and I will get you some more information ASAP.

Michael
  • Options
    JamesGPhotoJamesGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    I like the new login!!! I hope it's a clue to the new redesign!!
    James Geiger M. Ed.
    "Being a photographer is not about taking a photograph, it is about being curious about life."
    ~ Jared Platt
    http://www.jamesgeigerphoto.com
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2013
    I like the new login!!! I hope it's a clue to the new redesign!!

Glad to hear James! :)clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2013

Allen,

I got this over the the appropriate Developer. I will keep you posted as soon as I have an update.

Again, I apologize you are not able to save your password.

Michael
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2013
    Thanks Michael, even if I could remember them without looking them up each time it's still a hindrance.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2013
    Thanks Michael, even if I could remember them without looking them up each time it's still a hindrance.

Totally understand Al....I know alot of people enjoy auto fill password fields.

Michael
  • Options
    bwendelljbwendellj Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    The real question to answer: Is why the new login page was not tested for compatibility with all browsers first - prior to rollout? Hmm a red flag for issues with future rollouts. So t-minus 4 days till my subscription is due and a new log-in page is it. I like it. Catching up, but does not appear to exceed the competitors.

Wendell
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2013
    bwendellj wrote: »
    The real question to answer: Is why the new login page was not tested for compatibility with all browsers first - prior to rollout? Hmm a red flag for issues with future rollouts. So t-minus 4 days till my subscription is due and a new log-in page is it. I like it. Catching up, but does not appear to exceed the competitors.

Wendell

It was fully tested Wendell. I wasn't aware of it until this morning, but that doesn't mean it was already a known issue in QA.

Glad you like the new page!

Michael
  • Options
    bwendelljbwendellj Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    Fully tested? but already a "known" issue ... interesting approach to quality assurance.

Wendell
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    I agree, it's a big pain!

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi Allen,

Let me look into the Firefox issue today. I apologize you are experiencing this, and I will get you some more information ASAP.

Michael

Also in FireFox 16.0.2 on an iMac whether checking the "remember me" box or not it doesn't save the login name (or the password).

Safari 5..0.6 is OK
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    Firefox 21: passwords are now being loaded automatically ... for me.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    ViennaWeissViennaWeiss Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2013
    The new login page doesn't work with either one of my browsers (Firefox 22.0, Opera 12.11). And I checked one minutes ago.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    Vienna, do you mean that saved passwords are not loading automatically?

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    The saved passwords/password funcition that I have always used are no longer being automatically loaded (not even the "wand" function from Opera), nor do I get the option to save a password when I manually login to smugmug (using the new login page).
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Firefox 21: passwords are now being loaded automatically ... for me.

Firefox 22 on a Mac here and passwords are not saved. 'Remember Me' does nothing this side.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    Firefox 22 on a Mac here and passwords are not saved. 'Remember Me' does nothing this side.

Perhaps I should clarify - My Norton 360 "password vault" is recognising the login page and is filling in my details automatically. (Firefox 21 ... and Chrome 27.0.1453.116)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    Also, the "remember me" function is doing nothing for me either.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2013
    Working perfectly here, FF 22 on Mac. Like the page.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    Vivenne And Aperture,

We are aware of the Passwords not being saved, and are working on it. As for the "Remember Me" it seems to be working fine for me. Is it happening after you close out your browser, or restart your computer?
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    Vivenne And Aperture,

We are aware of the Passwords not being saved, and are working on it. As for the "Remember Me" it seems to be working fine for me. Is it happening after you close out your browser, or restart your computer?

"Remember me" (and passwords) is not working after either closing browser (more than 10 times), or after restarting 3 times...

UPDATE: I just tried some other sites I use (and have log-in/passwords stored with) and it doesn't work for them either,
    leading me to think it's my version of FF (16.0.2)...still a pain in the behind either way...
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2013
    "remember me" still isn't working for me, even after closing my browser (and I have just started my computer about ten minutes ago. I just checked youtube and their "stay signed in" function works fine on my computer, I am assuming that it's similar to the "remember me" function.

and thanks for the attention on this!
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    "remember me" still isn't working for me, even after closing my browser (and I have just started my computer about ten minutes ago. I just checked youtube and their "stay signed in" function works fine on my computer, I am assuming that it's similar to the "remember me" function.

and thanks for the attention on this!

Thanks For the feedback Vienna! I am working with the QA team on identifying investigating and fixing these issues.

Michael
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    rich56k wrote: »
    Also in FireFox 16.0.2 on an iMac whether checking the "remember me" box or not it doesn't save the login name (or the password).

Safari 5..0.6 is OK

Rich and Vienne,

Can you give me a little more information about the "Remember Me" Not working? What workflow were you doing within SmugMug before you came back and you were logged out? Such as watermarking, moving photos, etc.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated! We have been trying to recreate this with no such luck on our end.

Michael
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    Rich and Vienne,

Can you give me a little more information about the "Remember Me" Not working? What workflow were you doing within SmugMug before you came back and you were logged out? Such as watermarking, moving photos, etc.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated! We have been trying to recreate this with no such luck on our end.

Michael

Neither the log-in or password is functioning for me...I've tried with the "Remember Me" more often because I wouldn't expect it necessarily work otherwise. However, i have tried both ways...

So for the last couple days since Allen brought this up I've only tried because of his discovery, so I was only logging in, clicking to one of my 2 category pages, clicking on any random gallery then logging out from there. Then I try to login in again from either home page or a random gallery, or I started switching up to determine any specific pattern to the problem. I've discovered no such patterns after close to 50 logins over 2 days, also I've closed FF and reopened , tried more times; also shut down and restarted computer many times. No matter where I log in from and what pattern I do while logged in then reattempt it fails to work every time.

So the short (non rambling) answer to your question is that I really had no work flow per say I was only checking all possisble combos of log-in/password functionality

I've also since revisited the earlier mention that other sites are NOT keeping my login/password info and need to AMEND that statement. In our schools word press site (which I have admin access to) it works soon as I type the first letter of my login, my statcounter site works, as do some others- some lessor used sites don't but it's been so long I don't recall if they ever did...

Hope this helps

Rich
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    I was just logging in to check out my daily viewed-photos stats, so other than my front page, I visited my stats page, then logged out to see if the "remember me" or auto-login would work. Again, I just logged in using first Firefox (then logged out and check to see if anythign worked) and then Opera (same routine), and neither one is even giving me the oportunity to save my password or login with a saved password, and neither one completing an auto-login.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    Using the main Smugmug site the password will not fill after picking nickname in the drop. So the
    browser is not recognizing the page as a password page and not retrieving from the browser
    saved passwords.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2013
    The original small login page was more professional then a full page picture with smugmug logos.

By the way, now the Replace page has a browse button in the address field. When you click on the file to use as a replacement
    it still has a browse button in the address field instead of the file address needed for verification before hitting OK.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2013
    I was just logging in to check out my daily viewed-photos stats, so other than my front page, I visited my stats page, then logged out to see if the "remember me" or auto-login would work. Again, I just logged in using first Firefox (then logged out and check to see if anythign worked) and then Opera (same routine), and neither one is even giving me the oportunity to save my password or login with a saved password, and neither one completing an auto-login.

Vienna and Rich,

Ah, ok...I think we were getting our wires crossed as to what we are referring to. We are aware that the passwords are not being auto-filled. I was referring to the "Remember Me" Check box option, which will keep you logged in on your browser for two weeks. That is functioning as expected.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Michael
  • Options
    pipercreekphotographypipercreekphotography Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2013
    New Login
    I would love to be able to use the new login style for my clients login. I would also like to use a username/password system instead of the current system I am using which uses the gallery code as a password. Any ideas???