Options

New Smugmug log in page

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited July 7, 2013
    I have to log in every session even though the Remember Me is checked. Safari. Hasn't worked right in the past year. This new version is no different.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ViennaWeissViennaWeiss Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 7, 2013
    Even though the "remember me" box is checked, it does not remember me after I login. Meaning.... before I login, I make sure the "remember me" box is checked, then I have to enter my email and password manually (because the page does not allow me to use a saved password), I navigate my smugmug page/site.... then if I close that tab (leaving the browser open, just closing the tab), and open another tab to go to smugmug, the website does not "remember me" at all, and I thus have to re-login. Also, again, not once since the update (on the login page) have I been able to use the password functions on my browsers (firefox, Opera) as neither one recognizes the field(s) as login fields.

So... two problems, one being the "remember me" function does NOT remember me. two, the auto password functions on firefox and opera are not recognizing any fields on the login page as having login functions, thus I do not have to opportuniy to save my login email address or password.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2013
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I have to log in every session even though the Remember Me is checked. Safari. Hasn't worked right in the past year. This new version is no different.

Hm, I don't use Safari as my default, but I just went to it, and clicked "remember me" - logged in fine, closed the browser, reopened and voila I was logged in. Check your Safari prefs, maybe you have something set or not set that shouldn't or should be set :D
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Vivenne And Aperture,

We are aware of the Passwords not being saved, and are working on it. As for the "Remember Me" it seems to be working fine for me. Is it happening after you close out your browser, or restart your computer?

Hi Michael

On Firefox, it now seems fine. Remember Me is working this side now.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2013
    Hi Michael

On Firefox, it now seems fine. Remember Me is working this side now.

Thanks!

I am still trying to recreate the "Remember Me" issue, but have yet to be able to. I will keep plugging away. Thanks!

Michael
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2013
    The "remember me" issue is working okay for me now too, on both the opera and firefox. Now the only issue left is the save password function that doesn't seem to work on either browser (for me).

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    ZZZZZZ Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2013
    I'm using lastpass. In firefox it immediatley fills in my info but then when I get login, I get the message "Oops... There was an error on the server." Seems to work fine in Chrome. Don't think I've changed any firefox setting since I last logged in (on the old page). Any ideas why its doing that?
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2013
    ZZZ wrote: »
    I'm using lastpass. In firefox it immediatley fills in my info but then when I get login, I get the message "Oops... There was an error on the server." Seems to work fine in Chrome. Don't think I've changed any firefox setting since I last logged in (on the old page). Any ideas why its doing that?

Hmmmmm, I use Last Pass as well. I will test that out on Firefox today (also works as desired on Chrome for me)

Michael
  • Options
    alantsczoalantsczo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    where do we stand?
    The Remember Me feature seems to work, but I still have to fill in the password field from my feeble memory. Is this something that is still being worked on?

WinVista Firefox22
    Bill
    Mountain Shadows Photo
    http://www.mountainshadowsphoto.com/
  • Options
    davidmedinadavidmedina Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2013
    The password doe snot work neither on Google Chrome nor on Safari.

When can we expect to start seeing real changes in Smugmug? This login page is irrelevant except that it does not work as good as the previous one.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2013
    bwendellj wrote: »
    The real question to answer: Is why the new login page was not tested for compatibility with all browsers first - prior to rollout? Hmm a red flag for issues with future rollouts. So t-minus 4 days till my subscription is due and a new log-in page is it. I like it. Catching up, but does not appear to exceed the competitors.

Wendell
    It was fully tested Wendell. I wasn't aware of it until this morning, but that doesn't mean it was already a known issue in QA.

Glad you like the new page!

Michael
    bwendellj wrote: »
    Fully tested? but already a "known" issue ... interesting approach to quality assurance.

Wendell
    After being with SM for better part of a decade, I'm sad to say I've seen this too many times. :cry It's just the way it is, and I've found that shortly after a new feature or change happens, most of the major bugs are taken care of, usually within two months.
    The original small login page was more professional then a full page picture with smugmug logos.
    I actually miss the original login page that was super web 1.0 and basic. I could login in 3 seconds typing in all my info and using the keyboard the whole time. Prettier always seems to equate to slower these days. ne_nau.gif Form over function.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    This is a PITA, any progress on fixing it?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    GargaGarga Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    This is a PITA, any progress on fixing it?

They can't say.. but they're really excited about it.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2013
    alantsczo wrote: »
    The Remember Me feature seems to work, but I still have to fill in the password field from my feeble memory. Is this something that is still being worked on?

WinVista Firefox22

Yes this is still being investigated. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I have a pretty feeble memory as well :)

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2013
    I'm having to log in before and after ever upload now, in addition to other times.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2013
    The original small login page was more professional then a full page picture with smugmug logos.
    I agree. Can we make it like it was? The old login screen was just fine, and IT LET ME IN.

I've been through a couple rounds with SM tech support by email, and still cannot get into my account through FireFox. IE works, but not FF. Have tried nearly everything, cleared cache, the requested scripts can run, but I get an error message when trying to login:

"Oops... There was an error on the server."

It sucks not being able to use the browser of my choice to upload to my account.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2013
    Andrew wrote: »
    I agree. Can we make it like it was? The old login screen was just fine, and IT LET ME IN.

I've been through a couple rounds with SM tech support by email, and still cannot get into my account through FireFox. IE works, but not FF. Have tried nearly everything, cleared cache, the requested scripts can run, but I get an error message when trying to login:

"Oops... There was an error on the server."

It sucks not being able to use the browser of my choice to upload to my account.
    Anyone else having trouble simply logging in at all? I'm using FireFox 22 on a Win7 machine.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2013
    no trouble on logging in ( FF 22.0 Win8 )

but it is annoying that i always must log in ( site dont seem to "remember me " anymore like before , which is not a FireFox issue for sure
  • Options
    PhotoJosePhotoJose Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2013
    I can only log in using the SmugMug page--doesn't work off my pages & as soon as I try to go to a gallery I'm not logged in anymore. This started happening on 7-9 when I had uploaded photos to the same gallery as the day before... I was told by SmugMug support that it was the setup at GoDaddy, A record & CNAME, but that's fixed & now I'm not even seeing most of my photos. I'm hoping the work on the site tonight will straighten things out.
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2013
    I haven't been able to save my password/login for the last three weeks, and I have tried it on Opera and Firefox. I never had a problem with the old login page, but since the update, I have to log in manually every time I want to visit my page to view the stats.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2013
    Just a question to other users here... does the new login take an age to download the fullscreen image before you can proceed with your login details as well?

I am on a really fast line and find that this new login screen takes anything up to 10 or 15 seconds before I can proceed. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited July 28, 2013
    Just a question to other users here... does the new login take an age to download the fullscreen image before you can proceed with your login details as well?

I am on a really fast line and find that this new login screen takes anything up to 10 or 15 seconds before I can proceed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Loads almost instantly for me at 15mbps down. But I can't stay logged in. Since that's how its been working (not working) for me in the last year and a half, I'm used to logging in every time.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    gramps50gramps50 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2013
    The saved passwords/password funcition that I have always used are no longer being automatically loaded (not even the "wand" function from Opera), nor do I get the option to save a password when I manually login to smugmug (using the new login page).

Having exactly the same issue with both FF and Chrome. Cleared cookies and also the stored passwords for Smugmug still doesn't work and neither will offer to save the pw event with remember pw checked.

Smugmug needs to fix this it's really a pain
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    The time that it takes to login still irritates me. The full screen image that loads is too big for a background image for u to login to. The last image I checked was 2.2M in size.

Why do we need to download such a big file, simple to get to out own account section???
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    The time that it takes to login still irritates me. The full screen image that loads is too big for a background image for u to login to. The last image I checked was 2.2M in size.

Why do we need to download such a big file, simple to get to out own account section???

Sorry, I haven't ever had any problems with the log in page loading quick, even when tethered to a 3G network. But i will look into a stripped down login page. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Thanks Michael. I am on a reasonably fast line, but for some reason, the login page takes around 15 to 20 seconds to load this image. It seems to deliver the image really slowly to me. With the 'remember me' function not working at present for the accounts section, this means that I have this delay everytime I try to login.
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Sorry, I haven't ever had any problems with the log in page loading quick, even when tethered to a 3G network. But i will look into a stripped down login page. Thanks!
    I'm a little incredulous that you're sounding like a 3G network is so slow. I mean, 2 years ago 3G was touted as lightning speed, and maybe you've only been traveling around large cities, but.... sheesh... I mean, lots of places I travel have 1x , or can't even get WiFi of any kind yet, or... whatever!!! Certainly a person driving on the highway with 1x service should still be able to at least Log In to their SmugMug, or not be hampered by a page that's much more huge than it needs to be!
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    I'm a little incredulous that you're sounding like a 3G network is so slow. I mean, 2 years ago 3G was touted as lightning speed, and maybe you've only been traveling around large cities, but.... sheesh... I mean, lots of places I travel have 1x , or can't even get WiFi of any kind yet, or... whatever!!! Certainly a person driving on the highway with 1x service should still be able to at least Log In to their SmugMug, or not be hampered by a page that's much more huge than it needs to be!

If you are driving on a highway, then most likely you are logging in on a mobile device, and won't have that problem. If you are trying to log in into SM on a connection less than 3G on a computer, the log in page isn't going to be the only issue you have issues with. SM is a powerful tool that, if you are on a very limited network, it may not load fast or always save your settings. Same thing with Google+ and Gmail. If I am on a spotty network, I can't use those sites.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013

Heya Aperture,

Keep in mind, if you resize your browser to an iPhone size before you visit smugmug.com/login, the page won't load the background image thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Heya Aperture,

Keep in mind, if you resize your browser to an iPhone size before you visit smugmug.com/login, the page won't load the background image thumb.gif
    Yup. Like so: http://note.io/14cP6ua