Google Places Map & Calendar - How I Got Them On My Site

124»

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    edsh wrote: »
    Hi MBonocore,

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to feel that we see javascript from different perspectives. When you say that you will allow JS implementations.

1. Do you mean that the aim is for us smuggers to add our custom javascript logic,
    2. or do actually mean that you will implement a configuration on a building block which runs a javascript logic which you've implemented?

If you mean what I mean, i.e. first option that we smuggers can add our own custom javascript codes, the only technical control you could have in your system is to strip specific parts of the custom javascript code. That will for sure be a very complex and cumbersome issue in your development.

I am not trying to go in circles about this, just want to clarify this case because I think its a really harsh one which might have large bad effects for all parts involved (smuggers clients drop offs, smugmug customer drop offs due to cut off creativity, bad reputation, very mainstreamed sites and so on)

It's really hard to see that this is due to security issues though, leaving us at a state of no control.

Anyways, what is frustrating is that every little, even as very very simple fix, will have to wait according to your development lists. And meantime, all we can do (without javascript) is to try hack around these things using CSS-hacks (but no logic at all). A cumbersome task taking hours instead of seconds with javascript. (Such CSS hacks will also be very deemed to break if you change any of the structures involved in the CSS rules, just like you say javascript would.)

3. Again then; how and what is the requirements to become a Trusted Customizer, Baldy clearly said it's not based on financial relationships

Regards// Edsh

Edsh,

We simply don't have those answers. We need to investigate how to deliver the tools our customers need that were only available via JS in Legacy
  • Options
    Hanci2PhotoHanci2Photo Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2013
    Same as pipercreekphotography here...
    I can see the space of the calendar stretching on the site, I can see the title, the date and the description of the feed if I choose to as well, but the calendar is not showing up.
  • Options
    Hanci2PhotoHanci2Photo Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2013
    McQ wrote: »
    I'd love to do whatever this is in order to embed my Wufoo contact form, but I have pretty much zero clue as to what you're talking about. eek7.gif

Any way you could explain this to those of us who think of swinging a club a high technology?
    Does it mean I have to get a blogger subscription as well?

Thanks!

You don't need any feed to embed your Wufoo form...

Just click on customize on your SM page, click on customize site, make sure it is only for that page/gallery and from the content block menu choose "social" and you will see a drag & drop option for Wufoo forms.

Drag and drop that to the highlighted area, paste your short link that Wufoo provides, tweak the settings to your liking and voila!

Here is a sample from my site:
    http://www.keremhanciphotography.com/Weddings/Atanasia-Grey/01