Options

Watermarking Slow or Non-Existant

AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
edited March 1, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have been waiting 15 hours for watermark updates to happen. I think that the priority queuing on this is too slow.

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Hey Aperture,

It does look like we have a delay in watermarking. I have put out a call to get this looked into. I sincerely apologize for the delay!

Michael
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    Hey Michael

I appreciate this. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    Hey Michael

I appreciate this. Thanks.

You are welcome. They are there, just taking a bit of time, but rest assured you won't need to redo the watermark. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    Hi Michael. Sorry - I know that you are hectic :( After you wrote the above, I tried to change the watermark again on 20 or so images and nothing has taken - not a single one.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    I think that it is broken, to be honest Michael. It's now about an hour and nothing has changed.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    Another hour with no change. Michael, I tried something else out... I uploaded a new shot to a gallery that has watermarking set on it and once uploaded, the watermark appears as it should.. immediately.

That same newly uploaded image I went to change the watermark to a different watermark and it won't do it. It remains as it was, which is the same thing that is happening in the gallery that I was trying to change in the first place.

There is definitely an issue going on here.
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Yep. I'm in the same boat. I can't take the new site live until this works.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    Yep. I'm in the same boat. I can't take the new site live until this works.

Glad I am not the only one. I feel like I am being hung out to dry here. The site is live and I have half my images unprotected and I can't disable the site.
  • Options
    petelangloispetelanglois Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Same issue here. If I turn on watermarkin after the images are there it won't watermark. The images I add after the fact do show up. But now that I have a majority of pictures already uploaded it's going to be a pain to delete and upload again. This needs to get fixed ASAP!

Pete Langlois
    http://www.petelanglois.net
    http://blog.petelanglois.net
    Gear: Nikon D300s & D50 | 16-85mm VR | 18-55mm DX | 70-300mm VR | 85mm f/1.8D | 50mm f/1.8D | 35mm f/1.8G | 11-16mm f/2.8 Tokina | Extension Tube Set | Manfrotto Monopod and 190CXPRO3
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2013
    This issue has come up again, which is beginning to annoy me, I have to say.

Why do we have to wait at all for watermarking to happen? Why do we have to report that there is an issue to get it resolved... again?

This is one of the features that distinguishes the level of account here on Smugmug. If it does not work properly, what am I paying for?

PLEASE - get it right guys. There have been issues with this ever since I joined up, long before the new Smugmug.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    Heya Aperture,

I am not seeing any delay in watermarking. This was a specific issue related to yesterday. I apologize for the inconvenience
  • Options
    ScrandalScrandal Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2013
    Water Marking and Support
    I have been waiting 15 hours for watermark updates to happen. I think that the priority queuing on this is too slow.
    I have sent multiple emails concerning this. Today, I woke up to all of my images all over Facebook. I have lost money on SmugMug. Why can't they just say they have a problem. Help has been non existed lately. I am very disappointed.eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2013
    Scrandal wrote: »
    I have sent multiple emails concerning this. Today, I woke up to all of my images all over Facebook. I have lost money on SmugMug. Why can't they just say they have a problem. Help has been non existed lately. I am very disappointed.eek7.gif

We acknowledged a backlog in watermarking, but that should not be the case now.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    Please would someone check the watermarking. It seems to be really slow again.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    You guys really need to rethink the priority level of watermarking. Still no change.

An hour and 10 minutes have lapsed since my last post and it took me at least half an hour of waiting before I posted initially.
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    I'm sorry for the delay :(. Your photos should be watermarked now. As far as I know watermarking is very high on the priority list. Most likely what happened is someone watermarked a few very large galleries and it just took the system a little longer than normal to work through them all.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    Thanks Zac. Many many hours later and the images are still not watermarked. I will try again.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    This time, it flew through, but I expect that it has to do with lifting the priority on watermarking, due to the many that would need to remove and reapply their watermarks with the new feature.
  • Options
    DBRDBR Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    I believe that if images are designated to be watermarked, the should not be visible on our sites until the watermark is applied. A delay in posting is preferable to posting unprotected images.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    DBR wrote: »
    I believe that if images are designated to be watermarked, the should not be visible on our sites until the watermark is applied. A delay in posting is preferable to posting unprotected images.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    You can temporary set the gallery to unlisted.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    t_hedlundt_hedlund Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    Is anyone else not able to see your watermark in the "Making into watermarking" screen. I was trying to make a new watermark last night and I could even get it to show up in there.
  • Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    I have a gallery that I'm trying to watermark now as I'm uploading it and it is not being watermarked.
    http://www.auphoto.net/Rudland-Equine-Photography/Sports-2014/Wizards-BB-Game-March-1ST-Curr/i-5GFpGQD
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    MRudland wrote: »
    I have a gallery that I'm trying to watermark now as I'm uploading it and it is not being watermarked.
    http://www.auphoto.net/Rudland-Equine-Photography/Sports-2014/Wizards-BB-Game-March-1ST-Curr/i-5GFpGQD

That link returns a 404.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited March 1, 2014
    MRudland wrote: »
    Josh supplied the answer is in your other thread.

--- Denise