Options

Remove 1000 Keyword Limit [Limit raised to 5000]

124»

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Shaking my head over here. I've done some fancy concatenate formulas in Excel - really, I have.
    But how did you do this part?

WAIT, got it! Text to columns. TahDah. Let me continue on here.

2832886978_JzSgm9g-M.jpg
    delimiter using dot
    2832887151_qx9X7hJ-M.jpg
    copy row, hightlight cell to rotate into, paste special, pick transpose
    2832887332_xStgTQN-M.jpg
    create columns to combine for link
    2832887445_Hd3XCgt-M.jpg
    Edit: Oops. <a href=" /keyword/birds+....
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    Allan, thank you, I did get it in a snap once I had a duh-text-to-columns moment.
    Concatenate is easier to use, I think, to combine the fields: concatenate=(A1,A2,A3,A4).

I also did have to remove some extra spaces that for some reason were inserted before and after each of my keywords, in the first copy-paste from the webpage, to Excel:
    Find: space; replace with +
    Caused two pluses to be inserted at various points (and one plus to be inserted properly)
    Fix was:
    Find: ++
    Replace: [nothing]

Now, I see that Smugmug's new 5,000 limit probably means I haven't needed to do this page but it's a good exercise and I might keep it handy as a backup. [EDIT: Oops, this isn't the limit I care about. It's the 256 limit, so I will be using this page!]

For one more effect, can I widen the lines a smidgeon?

EDIT: I forgot I had to make one other tiny edit, adding a space before the bullet:
    To: </a><span style="color: blue;"> •</span>
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2013
    Allan, thank you, I did get it in a snap once I had a duh-text-to-columns moment.
    Concatenate is easier to use, I think, to combine the fields: concatenate=(A1,A2,A3,A4).

I also did have to remove some extra spaces that for some reason were inserted before and after each of my keywords, in the first copy-paste from the webpage, to Excel:
    Find: space; replace with +
    Caused two pluses to be inserted at various points (and one plus to be inserted properly)
    Fix was:
    Find: ++
    Replace: [nothing]

Now, I see that Smugmug's new 5,000 limit probably means I haven't needed to do this page but it's a good exercise and I might keep it handy as a backup. [EDIT: Oops, this isn't the limit I care about. It's the 256 limit, so I will be using this page!]

For one more effect, can I widen the lines a smidgeon?

EDIT: I forgot I had to make one other tiny edit, adding a space before the bullet:
    To: </a><span style="color: blue;"> •</span>
    What I like is you can edit the text for any KW just not the KW. I have a lot of bird name KW's with
    dashes so I can now use a dash in the text for the real name.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2013
    Allan I have spoken too soon. Why would some of the keywords, when clicked, result in no photos found?
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2013
    Allan, not sure if you saw this one request: For one more effect, can I widen the lines a smidgen?
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2013
    Allan I have spoken too soon. Why would some of the keywords, when clicked, result in no photos found?
    Any single quotes in them. Videos will not show either.