Options

[Implemented]+1 button please

paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
edited January 6, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
+1s, the google+ equivalent of Facebook 'likes' have a button available to website owners.

These are really important for SEO as the number of +1s your site has can affect your ranking on Google.

And Google+ is better than Facebook :)

Comments

• Options
    Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    paulbrock wrote: »
    +1s, the google+ equivalent of Facebook 'likes' have a button available to website owners.

These are really important for SEO as the number of +1s your site has can affect your ranking on Google.

And Google+ is better than Facebook :)

following
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
  • Options
    justcallmetomjustcallmetom Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 4, 2013
    +1 !
  • Options
    David AshDavid Ash Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    This has my vote.
    David
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    In addition to G+ I would like to see a broader spectrum of available buttons. Sites like Tumblr, Reddit, etc.
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    +1s, the google+ equivalent of facebook 'likes' have a button available to website owners.

These are really important for seo as the number of +1s your site has can affect your ranking on google.

And google+ is better than facebook :)

+1
  • Options
    jsruccijsrucci Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Agree.... would like to see Google +1.
    Steve

http://www.steverucci.com

Use this code to get a discount when joining Smugmug: FmsEHhiPzBxic
  • Options
    OscourOscour Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    +1
    bbeck4x4bbeck4x4 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    +1 here as well
    Brian Beck
    Spanish Fork, Utah 84660- 360 Virtual Tours - Landscapes
    Google + Facebook Website
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    any official word on this? Shouldn't be too difficult to add, there's already an option for facebook and twitter shares, just needs another couple of fields....
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    While I haven't seen a +1 button, I did notice a "share to G+" option on the Share Button this morning. If it's been there all this time, color me stupid...
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    You're right darter, there is a share to g+option, along with a share to Facebook and share to twitter. Which makes it all the more perplexing why there's a separate like button and tweet button, but no +1 button....

Posted from Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    I don't recall that share to G+ being there. I only saw it this AM. What I'm saying is, unless I'm a blind idiot who just never noticed it before; perhaps this means the button is on the way.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    I wouldn't want to cast aspersions on your eyesight.......but........
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    any official word on this? Shouldn't be too difficult to add, there's already an option for facebook and twitter shares, just needs another couple of fields....

It's very perplexing to me why SM seems to favor Facebook over Google +. Many of us asked for a +1 button in the old SM when the feature was announced, there were vague replies like we will look into it but it never materialized.

Surely it can not be difficult to add especially as there is already a Twitter & FB Like button. Leads me to conclude that it's for some other reason that SM does not want to share with us.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    guy wrote: »
    It's very perplexing to me why SM seems to favor Facebook over Google +. Many of us asked for a +1 button in the old SM when the feature was announced, there were vague replies like we will look into it but it never materialized.

Surely it can not be difficult to add especially as there is already a Twitter & FB Like button. Leads me to conclude that it's for some other reason that SM does not want to share with us.

after the wufoo form integration, its my biggest request, and, I agree that it really should be a quick fix to add +1. But i guess there are lots and lots of quick fixes being requested. Would be nice to get a nod from one of the team that it was in the works though...

(look down this page (at least on a desktop). Under "tell the world!", a +1 button. just need one on our sites too! )
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    You know, this has been being asked for since 2011. How about it?
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    +1
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    I don't understand how G+ could have been included in the social icons box, but overlooked on the share buttons box. Given that and the tumbleweed from Smugmug on this thread, are we to assume that it was intentionally excluded?
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    I don't understand how G+ could have been included in the social icons box, but overlooked on the share buttons box. Given that and the tumbleweed from Smugmug on this thread, are we to assume that it was intentionally excluded?

No tumbleweeds. This has been in the feature requests on our end since day one. As a big Google+ user, I would like to see this just as much as you do :D
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    No tumbleweeds. This has been in the feature requests on our end since day one. As a big Google+ user, I would like to see this just as much as you do :D

Then Michael can you tell us why it hasn't happened after such a long time for I admit seemingly such a simple thing?
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2013
    guy wrote: »
    Then Michael can you tell us why it hasn't happened after such a long time for I admit seemingly such a simple thing?
    mbonocore wrote: »

Just Bumping this!

Michael can you or Baldy please tell us why this hasn't happened when it's been asked for for so long?

It doesn't seem like it would be something that would take a lot of work & given that it's been asked for for years but we are never told why it doesn't happen.

It makes a bit of a mockery of the feature request program, when people request something over a long period of time but nothing happens! If SM doesn't want to do it then just say so & put it to bed, letting it sit there with no feedback or answer one way or the other can be very infuriating.

Thanks.
  • Options
    HylanderHylander Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2013
    Definitely something that should be added. +1
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    +1

and apparently I am out of votes on User Voice :(
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    OffTopic wrote: »
    +1

and apparently I am out of votes on User Voice :(
    Aren't we all??!!! rolleyes1.gif I don't know why I'm laughing. It's not funny. Not one bit funny. Also, +1
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2013
    Aren't we all??!!! rolleyes1.gif I don't know why I'm laughing. It's not funny. Not one bit funny. Also, +1

Any News on this? just asking
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    Djm3006 wrote: »
    Any News on this? just asking

I've given up on this I no longer believe they will ever to do it.

A simple thing that people have been asking for since 2011 & yet it just sits there unanswered & makes mockery of the feature request program. If they are not going to do it then just say so & be done with it!

All I can assume is there is some other reason why they wont add this, a deal with FB maybe?
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    If I had to guess, its low down the priority list, despite being a relatively easy change and relatively popular request. Maybe its because it includes JavaScript. Otherwise its probably because of their lawyers.(though no idea why) I get the sense that its legal stuff thats responsible for a lot of the decisions there now.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 4