Recent galleries not visible on homepage when logged out

2»

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Oh, can you request to have a Mod to change this thread title to reflect that Recent Galleries are not displaying when logged out?

a.s.
  • mitchrappmitchrapp Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Here's the latest:

"Thanks for your reply.

I believe that is due to the recent photos being backlogged a bit. So they should show up when logged out soon. If not, then please let us know. We do ask that you give it a day or so for the recent photos to show up while logged out. If you continue to have problems, please let us know."

The smugmug heroes really have no clue or are not even attempting to understand the issue. So disappointing. We are not talking about recent photos. We are talking about recent galleries! Backlogged? What the heck?
    edited August 9, 2013
    For those with your recent galleries working in a logged out state, is this on your home page or on another page? Just to confirm, your gallery content block is set to select galleries from recent galleries (and not "Galleries I Choose"), correct?
  • sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Recent galleries on my home page - galleries content block set to Recent galleries. It definitely wasn't working the other day, and now it's working again. It could be that there is an index or something that the recent galleries rely upon, and it's not completely built. But, it would be nice if they would just say that.
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    mitchrapp wrote: »
    For those with your recent galleries working in a logged out state, is this on your home page or on another page? Just to confirm, your gallery content block is set to select galleries from recent galleries (and not "Galleries I Choose"), correct?

Hi Mitch! I apologize for your issues today. I have forwarded this specific case to be investigated further. I am totally stumped and I looked into it for 30 minutes. headscratch.gif
    edited August 10, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi Mitch! I apologize for your issues today. I have forwarded this specific case to be investigated further. I am totally stumped and I looked into it for 30 minutes. headscratch.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. It is much appreciated.