Options

unable to customise sharegroup pages

paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
edited September 4, 2013 in Bug Reporting
sharegroups are sort of working on the new smugmug, but they have no customisation facilities.

Unfortunately they seem to be the only way of getting around the 'unlisted' inheritance, so it looks like I will need them.

Was hoping I could get away with using pages for this and selecting galleries on there, but there's no way of unlisting galleries from a particular page.

Anyway, please add the missing customisation functionality to sharegroup pages as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
  • Options
    ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    sharegroup breaks layout
    First time that I try the sharegroup feature, but it disturbs the site layout. Can't share the link like that.

Another glitch which showed up after using that: for days images from my unlisted galleries didn't show up on my home (collect by keyword) when logged in. Now after trying sharegroup with the unlisted galleries, but deleting the sharegroup after I saw what it did, the images show up on my home again.
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Absolutely agree. See www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238926

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bartman01bartman01 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Seeing the same thing here. Right now ALL of my stuff on SmugMug is in sharegroups since it is all private and I want it separate from the public galleries I will eventually move on to the site. Right now, not only is not not customizable but it doesn't even look like the rest of the site. The galleries there are just a bunch of crammed together square boxes without enough room to even read the text in the title at the bottom.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Share groups don't look like the rest of the site?
    I see there is a feature request to allow customization to sharegroup pages, but right now mine don't even look like the rest of the site. The theme I have chosen to start with has 3:2 ratios for gallery selection images and at that aspect ratio, the text description is pretty much all visable. On the sharegroup page, the gallery select images are all 1:1 the text that says what each gallery contains is cut off (I use 'YYYY/MM/DD Description of Event' which gets cut off to 'YYYY/MM/DD Descriptio...').

Is it really a 'feature request' right now to have the sharegroup pages even look like the rest of your site?
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Moved to Requests. Thanks Paul.

We've got a bunch of different threads dealing with the non-customizability of sharegroup pages:

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239687
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239257 -- this thread
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239666
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238926

There's interest. If we are juggling threads, maybe put them all together. I'll note none of these started here in the Feature Request forum. I think the OPs judged this issue to be a little more severe. Maybe better to move the discussion back to Bugs.

Jim Ringland
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    I still don't understand how this is a 'feature request' instead of a bug (and I am familiar with software development). Are you really saying that sharegroup pages look different from the rest of your site BY DESIGN, and that the ability to easily apply customization to your ENTIRE site was left off of sharegroup pages BY DESIGN?
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2013
    Nevermind - didn't see the sticky post. Added this to that post.