Options

Photo Hover Information

Aaron JorsAaron Jors Registered Users Posts: 470 Major grins
edited November 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Whenever I hover over a photo on my site I get a box that appears with the name of the photo. Is there a way I can block this hover box from showing on everypage of my site?

Example of the box that appears when hovering the mouse over the Waterfalls & Rivers Folder.
i-qcxpgPK-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dnwvictordnwvictor Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2013
    Unfortunately it is impossible, we don’t have access to java in new smug mug.
    For now we are stuck with this destructive, out of date, related to poor programming practice function.
  • Options
    Aaron JorsAaron Jors Registered Users Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    That is disappointing. Overall I'm happy with the new Smugmug but I really don't like these boxes that pop up.
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    dnwvictor wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is impossible, we don’t have access to java in new smug mug.
    For now we are stuck with this destructive, out of date, related to poor programming practice function.

Java and Javascript are very different things. Smugmug allows neither, but if they allowed Java as you implied, that would be the poorest programming practice imaginable from a security standpoint.
  • Options
    dnwvictordnwvictor Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    I think it is obvious that I had JavaScript on my mind, this is what we have access to in legacy. Thank you for correction.
    In reality I don’t need any access to remove something what shouldn’t be present on photography site, it simply shouldn’t be there.
    It is only my personal opinion but taking in consideration majority of photography hosting/sharing sites I’m not alone.