edited December 18, 2013
    Seems to be fixed so far!

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited December 18, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Allright guys, made one more change. Please give it another try and let me know if it works.

Change was made before Mark reported, so it seems to have worked for him.

Thanks!

Works for me.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    CaoimhinCaoimhin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Allright guys, made one more change. Please give it another try and let me know if it works.

Change was made before Mark reported, so it seems to have worked for him.

Thanks!

Successful uploads in both Chrome & IE11, so far so good - thanks so much for your attention to this, Cheers!
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Good to hear guys! Please let me know if you see any issues. Sorry again!
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Good to hear guys! Please let me know if you see any issues. Sorry again!

Well I logged in, using Chrome, they way I always do, via my site, loaded a pic, closed the browser, opened browser, loaded another pic....without an error message. I hope this means things are fixed.

Thank you. thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    richpepprichpepp Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2013
    The issue causing the error most of you are experience is something we are working on. I understand your frustrations and will report back here when the fix is implemented

Would it be possible, until this is fully fixed, to add a note next to the "you don't appear to be logged in properly" error message to say something like "This problem may be solved by logging out and then back in at www.smugmug.com". I hadn't seen this error before and yesterday had someone at a remote location with poor internet connection waste an hour or two uploading photos to get this error each time. We made the deadline in the end but adding a note to the end of the error message would have helped. In this case I didn't contact the heros as it was a bit of a rush job and logging out and back in a couple of times seemed to solve it.

it may be of course that you just fixed it at the same time I was messing around :D
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2013
    richpepp wrote: »
    Would it be possible, until this is fully fixed, to add a note next to the "you don't appear to be logged in properly" error message to say something like "This problem may be solved by logging out and then back in at www.smugmug.com". I hadn't seen this error before and yesterday had someone at a remote location with poor internet connection waste an hour or two uploading photos to get this error each time. We made the deadline in the end but adding a note to the end of the error message would have helped. In this case I didn't contact the heros as it was a bit of a rush job and logging out and back in a couple of times seemed to solve it.

it may be of course that you just fixed it at the same time I was messing around :D

If you experienced this problem in the last couple of days, it should be fixed now. You'd want to log out of your account, remove any smugmug.com cookies as well as any custom domain cookies then log back in. Problem should be solved for you.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2013
    Now what?

Is anything else going to be fixed?
    The list of bugs and missing features is getting pretty old.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2013
    Now what?

Cheers,

No offense Dennis but I'm sure they're working on a lot of stuff. Your remark is pretty much uncalled for.
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2013
    Now what?

Cheers,

Just added a full screen slideshow and random background photos. I don't know, I thought that was pretty cool. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mr.BillMr.Bill Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    Hi All,

We have pushed a fix for the "We are sorry, you do not appear to be logged in" issue. Please let me know ASAP if you continue to see this message.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

I can tell you that it is NOT fixed yet. I tried to upload and got the same "you are not logged in" error message.

I read thru all the pages here and followed all the instructions and still nothing. Was just about to upgrade my plan too, but not sure I want to give more money and not be able to upload photos.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2013
    Mr.Bill wrote: »
    I can tell you that it is NOT fixed yet. I tried to upload and got the same "you are not logged in" error message.

I read thru all the pages here and followed all the instructions and still nothing. Was just about to upgrade my plan too, but not sure I want to give more money and not be able to upload photos.

Almost sounds like you did not delete both the custom domain cookies and the smugmug.com cookies.

One thing that also helps once you've nuked the cookies is to quite the browser.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    Just added a full screen slideshow and random background photos. I don't know, I thought that was pretty cool. thumb.gif

That is pretty cool. thumb.gif

But aren't you getting ahead of yourselves working on new uploaders and slideshows when there are basic bugs and missing features that still need fixing after all these months?

Cheers,
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    But aren't you getting ahead of yourselves working on new uploaders and slideshows when there are basic bugs and missing features that still need fixing after all these months?

When workmen strive to do better than well,
    They do confound their skill in covetousness;
    And oftentimes excusing of a fault
    Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse,
    As patches set upon a little breach
    Discredit more in hiding of the fault
    Than did the fault before it was so patch'd.

Source

rolleyes1.gif
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2013

Cheers,

Well to be fair, there has been a lot of requests for a full screen slideshow so to me Smugmug HAS responded to a "missing feature".
    May not be exactly what you want (and I'm not going to use it) but I'm pretty sure a lot of people ARE going to be pleased.
    I just think a little credit where credit is due is a lot better than taking every opportunity to denigrate Smugmug.
    Sure there are lots of things they could have done better with the move to New Smugmug but they have been responsive to many requests. Just because they haven't fixed the ones you are affected by doesn't mean they are not working away at the bugs/request list. thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2013
    Did a few uploads today, no issues....thank you.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2013
    Hi All,

We have pushed a fix for the "We are sorry, you do not appear to be logged in" issue. Please let me know ASAP if you continue to see this message.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

didnt fix anything here ....problem is still there
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited December 23, 2013
    MenBrial wrote: »
    didnt fix anything here ....problem is still there
    Did you log out of smug, clear all smug cookies (both for your smug domain and your custom domain) and try again?

See this post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013
    Did you log out of smug, clear all smug cookies (both for your smug domain and your custom domain) and try again?

See this post.

--- Denise

Thanks but it doesnt work....yes i did it all ( its not my first post on this topic )
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2013
    So did the fix of the new uploader mean that we can no longer drag files for uploading? Since yesterday I can no longer drag files into the uploader but have to go through the "Click" & "Browse" steps to make it work.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013
    Thanks but it doesnt work....yes i did it all ( its not my first post on this topic )

Can you provide some more details? OS, browser, plugins? Also, if you are running Firefox, are you running the latest version? I ask because some of the 25 versions had issues in general with stuff not working.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013
    guy wrote: »
    So did the fix of the new uploader mean that we can no longer drag files for uploading? Since yesterday I can no longer drag files into the uploader but have to go through the "Click" & "Browse" steps to make it work.

You should still be able to drag and drop.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013

Cheers,

As others have said, we have done alot to implement feature requests and fix bugs. I have told you many times that "your" bugs are affecting a very small percentage of the user base (mainly you), so I have given you plenty of warning that they will not be fixed any time soon. You are free to keep bumping them, but they are out of my hands, so it won't have much of an impact.

I am just trying to set expectations with you Dennis. And again, this thread is about the New Uploader. Continuing to hijack threads about other issues is a violation of the DGrin T.O.S.

Please keep comments in this thread to ONLY questions about the new uploader.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013

Hi Men,

Can you provide OS, Browser and version and confirm you have cleared all your cookies?

Thanks!
  • Options
    gryhndgryhnd Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2013
    This happens to me frequently too. More often, but not exclusively (I think) when I create a new gallery in the organizer, then drop out to set prices before uploading via Customize (am I missing something obvious where I can set prices at gallery creation time?). When I then upload I'll often come back to discover I wasted they all went up (time lost) but at first glance looked OK:

SMerror1.jpg

to then find at the end of the uploading cycle:

SMerror2.jpg

This happened with the uploader prior to this most recent update as well.

OSX 10.7.5, FF 21.0
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2013
    gryhnd wrote: »
    This happened with the uploader prior to this most recent update as well.

OSX 10.7.5, FF 21.0

The latest FF is 26. Since 21, there have been numerous security patches and fixes that make upgrading a good idea.

Also, have you logged out of SmugMug, removed the cookies for both smugmug.com and any custom domain you are using before logging back in and uploading again?
  • Options
    gryhndgryhnd Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2013
    Well, don't get me started on the release cycle of FF :-D

I've also thrown enough cookies away to feed a small country.

Staying logged in has been a long standing issue with SM. Although it did improve after this it never went away totally.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2013
    gryhnd wrote: »
    Well, don't get me started on the release cycle of FF :-D

I've also thrown enough cookies away to feed a small country.

Staying logged in has been a long standing issue with SM. Although it did improve after this it never went away totally.

That wasn't the answer I was looking for mwink.gif

For many, being on the current (26) FF release, logging out and removing above mentioned cookies before logging back in does solve the uploading issue. I don't know if it solves the issue you brought up.

As far as FF updates go, I don't see what the problem is.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2013
    Mbonocore , I did all that as soon as you told us to do so .....dont know why it was not working till today , today for no reason( and no further changes ) it started to work !!!
    ( but now i have new pb see my other topic sharing a link )
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2013
    I still have to log out and log in each day in order for the uploader to work. When will this be fixed???? Using FF26 BTW.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com