Options

"#customize" URL?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited January 9, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I just saw a user path on my site where they were accessing "#customize" at the end of the URLs they visited?

What is #customize? How are they doing that?

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2014
    Might have been a Hero helping you with customization. If you click Customize > Customize site you land on yoursite.smugmug.com/#customize.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    I haven't been working on my site for weeks, so someone is messing around...

What the??
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    The IP is in Anaheim. You've offices there? Why is someone in my wife's gallery using the customizer?
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Might have been a Hero helping you with customization. If you click Customize > Customize site you land on yoursite.smugmug.com/#customize.
    So Heroes can log into our sites to do customisations? eek7.gif
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    Darter02 wrote: »
    The IP is in Anaheim. You've offices there? Why is someone in my wife's gallery using the customizer?
    I wouldn't know, sorry ne_nau.gif. Our HQ is in Mountain View but we have remote people all around the world.

Another possibility, someone (not from SmugMug) went to your site/gallery and put in #customize at the end of the URL. The link would just take them to the gallery of course, but the hit would still register. They wouldn't be able to customize.
    beardedgit wrote: »
    So Heroes can log into our sites to do customisations? eek7.gif
    We have powers but only use them for good deal.gifhttp://www.smugmug.com/about/terms/
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    We have powers but only use them for good deal.gifhttp://www.smugmug.com/about/terms/
    Of course. Only in the fight against evil, eh? mwink.gif

So do you use our login details, a Master login, or some other way? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2014
    Your login PW and is hidden to everyone including Smug and you. They use a master for their purposes.
    No one can see anything but the ********
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    Of course. Only in the fight against evil, eh? mwink.gif

So do you use our login details, a Master login, or some other way? headscratch.gif
    SmugMug employees have admin privileges. Your password is encrypted, we can't see that information. We also cannot see credit card or bank information - it is all encrypted.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    SmugMug employees have admin privileges. Your password is encrypted, we can't see that information. We also cannot see credit card or bank information - it is all encrypted.
    So, using those privileges, can you can see pics that we put in Private and/or PW-protected galleries?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    So, using those privileges, can you can see pics that we put in Private and/or PW-protected galleries?
    Yes. If you have questions about that you can create a new thread or email our help desk :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    Darter02 wrote: »
    If memory serves, at least one Hero has "Anaheim" as his location, displayed under his avatar.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    Yes. If you have questions about that you can create a new thread or email our help desk :).
    No need, I'm done now :D